BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morris Mountain RockRalley  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Tejasol

• Visitor
Morris Mountain RockRalley
« on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »
We are entered in the race this weekend.  My buddy, his wife, and my wife are going to swap out driving duties, I volunteered to be the pit crew.  We watched a couple of buddies have a blast competing last year and wanted to get in on the action.  We are competing in an XJ with 3.5" and 35s.  If you can make it out this Saturday, I promise you a good time. They have a separate event going on as well.  They cleared a wobbly oval track (with a minor jump in the middle of it) for a four hour enduro race.  Folks are racing two wheel drive rigs on this track and I can't wait to see what they bring to run it in.

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
Re: Morris Mountain RockRalley
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:23:18 PM »
Sucks I have to work I would luv to watch the bombers race. :'(
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline stewedpickles

• Visitor
  • Swan II
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:29:14 PM »
Newbie here. Where's this going on? Just curious, can't make it this year but maybe next (spectator).
Jeff
'75ish K10

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:00:39 PM »
Newbie here. Where's this going on? Just curious, can't make it this year but maybe next (spectator).

Morris Mtn. ORV  Just google it.

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 02:18:10 PM »
Bomber race {letseat} {letseat}
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http:
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

mdo817

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:37:56 PM »
That was TEXT BOOK. {toast}

RotorHead

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »

Makes me want to find a beater to enter. Mark you got any junk laying around we could make a racer out of?

mdo817

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »

Makes me want to find a beater to enter. Mark you got any junk laying around we could make a racer out of?
Everything I have is junk, but not sure I'm ready to race any of it, maybe we could find a blown XJ 4x4 dirt cheap by next year and throw one of my motors in it. {ehm}

ranger11

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 04:43:47 PM »

Everything I have is junk, but not sure I'm ready to race any of it, maybe we could find a blown XJ 4x4 dirt cheap by next year and throw one of my motors in it. {ehm}

I was gonna enter that last year and forgot about it this year. Maybe I will make it next year

Offline Tejasol

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:59 PM »
It was a lot of fun.  My buddy's XJ didn't make it through the first lap.  He won the award for the most carnage.

Broken u-joint, stub shaft yoke ears, rear window, rear hatch, side window (my wife's fault), winch casing (done by BFH), bent steering linkage, blown balljoint.  That's about all I remember.  Good fun was had by all.

RotorHead

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:15:52 AM »
It was a lot of fun.  My buddy's XJ didn't make it through the first lap.  He won the award for the most carnage.

Broken u-joint, stub shaft yoke ears, rear window, rear hatch, side window (my wife's fault), winch casing (done by BFH), bent steering linkage, blown balljoint.  That's about all I remember.  Good fun was had by all.

He won an award so that should pretty much make up for the cost of the carnage.  ;D

Sounds like fun.  {toast}

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »

was that Bman?
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM