BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: P90x  (Read 518 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
P90x
« on: August 16, 2010, 05:21:33 PM »
Has anyone on here used this program or know of anyone that has? I know a few trainers and one semi professional body builder that says it's a very good product and that it will do everything that it says it will, but I would still like to from actual users.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: P90x
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »
Adam and his roomies.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

ghostdancer308

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:08:13 PM »
get back with you on this...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 12:08:47 AM »
adam, I want the copies!
I've grown tired of this.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 04:46:51 AM »
I guess I am different in my lifting and techniques. I have watched this stuff(P90X) and see that all these fad workouts are based off a few simple characteristics: muscle confusion and DIET! I know in the "Getting in Shape" thread I mentioned most people usually need a life changing event to get them to start doing some physical activity. Some of us do it for our jobs. Bottom line, most can't keep up with the diets that come along with these workout regimens. If I were to stop and start doing P90X, I would be sore and in about 3 weeks, I would see some change and even more a dramatic change if I were on a strict diet. If I were to take an individual and put him through what we do on my team here, it would hurt as well. Again, the muscle isn't worked a certain way for a long period of time, anything you do will make you sore and you will get some result out of prolong exercise. Diet is the foundation for all physical fitness....Hope this helps! {toast}

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:14:27 AM »
I've been wanting to do this, but the disk aren't cheap enough for me. I've heard there's been a lot of torn muscles from people using the P90X.
Perry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »
Glenn,

I agree with you 100%! My thought on this is that I can do this at home in my little apartment. At the moment I'm not sure of when I will be moving (anytime now) so joining the gym for normal workouts is not an option. I still have a few more pounds of fat I would like to get off before hitting the weights so maybe I'll just wait another month and see what's going on.

prjohnson,

I have heard the same thing! The people I have talked to all say the same thing - this program is not good for a person that coming straight off the couch. Although, they (P90x) advertise that beginners can use it, they probably shouldn't.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
Chuck,you need muscle to burn fat. You should be hitting the weights! It will help you burn the fat off twice as fast and increase your metabolism which will burn better even doing nothing. {toast}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline 06blktj

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 10:31:10 PM »
Proper diet is the biggest key.  However Ive been told that they use some of the workouts from this at the police academy in south carolina and people really like the results, but they arent exactly coming strait from the couch either. Ill let ya know next weekend seein as how I start the academy sunday and will be doin the workouts myself.

Offline US.TROOPER

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »
I used P90 X in Iraq with some co workers and yes it works! Yes it will kick ur butt, even if you are unable to stay to a strict diet P90X will tone you up and raise your cardio levels. The biggest thing is to stick to the program schedule and stay motivated. Yes i agree diet will help even get faster results but even if you just make the effort to TRY to eat right you will see good gains and improvments in your strenth and endurance. Let me know how you like the Abb ripper X its my favorite, well plyometrics too!! LOL

Hope this helps, Chad

Offline IRIDEKTM

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »
I'm about to start it once I finish my truck.

I have always had that thought in the back of my head that its just like every other 'get ripped fast' advertising BS. I know a ton of people that do it here at school and have never heard anything but positive things about it. Everyone says it works, and works fast. I know a guy personally that has been doing it for over the 90 days and he got big. Not to strict of a diet, but not straight off the couch either.
 {toast}
03 Silverado with all the fixins

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM