BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: River Rock, Oct 1-3 2010, WFTW  (Read 11623 times)

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
Re: River Rock, Oct 1-3 2010, WFTW
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »
anyone ever been with stock suspension and tires? if so was it worth going?
You will have fun, plenty of bypass trails. You may go home with some added pinstripping and rock rash but all part of the game. ;D {toast}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

BigJerm

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2010, 06:41:44 PM »

last time i went to RiverRock we had a guy in a stock yellow TJ and he had a blast all day. Just bring some wrenches to disconnect your front sway bar and plenty of people there will have air so you can probably use someone to air back up your tires at the end of the day.

mdo817

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »

last time i went to RiverRock we had a guy in a stock yellow TJ and he had a blast all day. Just bring some wrenches to disconnect your front sway bar and plenty of people there will have air so you can probably use someone to air back up your tires at the end of the day.
Steve has air in the shop.

Offline Penatzer93

• Visitor
  • Yj is the only way. :D
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
alright cool guys, thinking about having a convoy leave saturday morning to go down there from lawrenceville if anyone else is going, text me tomorrow afternoon after 3 and just say your part of gatr looking to convoy. seven seven oh-598-6513

mdo817

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »
I met Micheal (Do Work 93YJ) and his crew this morning, thanks for letting me bum a seat for a little while Micheal. Let me start by saying this crew is a fun crew to ride with. A lot of you met Brad in his XJ at GATR Fest, the rest of this crew consisted of another 1 Ton XJ on Red Lables, a stretched Sammy, and a 'Yota. It all started with the Sheriff's Dept. visit a few minutes after the crew rolled into the park. You know it's going to be a fun day when S.O. is tracking you down. Seems one of the local's backed out in front of the crew on the way in to the park, and got passed on a double yellow to avoid a collision, and commenced to getting P.O.'d, he called S.O.,the cop was cool and in the end told everyone to have a safe day. Next lesson I learned today was that zip tie's, no matter how much we love them, are not a replacement for bolts in your pinion yoke, they just won't hold up to the torque of a drive shaft. I rode with Micheal for a few hours before bailing out to go pick up my Grandson. Here are a few pictures. I will see if any video's are worth posting later.

Zip tie's for driveshaft  {no} :

Always good to have Pizza delivered when your stuck at an obstical:

Bolts are better than zip tie's

Rest of the few pictures shot are here:
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/mdo817gatrailrider/WFTWW/?start=0

BigJerm

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 07:43:46 AM »
great pictures. Wish I could go this weekend with this great weather. Cant wait to be back on the trails.

Offline ocplunk

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2010, 10:10:03 AM »
Hey what happened I am here where is everyone

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 07:07:58 PM »
i wish i could have gone. but i had a baby friday afternoon so no river rock for me this time. i saw a red JK and black rubi tj going 75s towards 16/gray highway exit. pretty sure they were on there way. wish i couldve been with em
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

ranger11

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
i wish i could have gone. but i had a baby friday afternoon so no river rock for me this time. i saw a red JK and black rubi tj going 75s towards 16/gray highway exit. pretty sure they were on there way. wish i couldve been with em

Congrats {toast} Must have been painful..... {popcorn} Jk

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2010, 10:04:21 PM »
Thanks Mark for taking pictures for us. Sorry about all the early mishaps that keep us from be able to wheel more while you were there. :-\ I will call you when I get back in town so I can get your spares back to you. We had a blast this weekend and was glad we could help support such a good cause. {salute} The weather was great but the rain early in the week made for a lot rev limiter action. The weekend also turned into another flop fest with a long list of carnage. My list was a flop on horse power hill, bent pass. side main leaf, broke pass. side seat, broke driver side main leaf, and a boke front driveshaft. The sami rolled over on its lid, Red XJ broke transfer case yoke, Brad broke balljoint, yota 4 blown beads, blown water line, dropped front driveshaft, and last YJ buggy flop on horse power hill.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »
so i got there about 1030ish today... almost everone was gone... bummer

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 08:34:08 AM »
Thanks Mark for taking pictures for us. Sorry about all the early mishaps that keep us from be able to wheel more while you were there. :-\ I will call you when I get back in town so I can get your spares back to you. We had a blast this weekend and was glad we could help support such a good cause. {salute} The weather was great but the rain early in the week made for a lot rev limiter action. The weekend also turned into another flop fest with a long list of carnage. My list was a flop on horse power hill, bent pass. side main leaf, broke pass. side seat, broke driver side main leaf, and a boke front driveshaft. The sami rolled over on its lid, Red XJ broke transfer case yoke, Brad broke balljoint, yota 4 blown beads, blown water line, dropped front driveshaft, and last YJ buggy flop on horse power hill.

Hate I missed all the fun.  Sounds like you guys went all out.

Which hill is called horsepower hill?

Did Steve fix the gully leading to the rock climb up to the gas line/tires?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM