BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Duraspark conversion complete...woohoo!!!  (Read 361 times)

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
Duraspark conversion complete...woohoo!!!
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
Well i got tired of messing around with the factory eec-v crap and decided to rip out all of the electronics, computer, and vacuum lines. I wired it wrong the first time, burnt up 2 duraspark ignition modules. but with some texting back and forth and a little help(thanks richard!!!) i finally got it running. and man does it run good

heres what it started out as(notice all the wires and vacuum lines)

went to summit because i burned up the factory tfi coil, and got this. i was kinda pissed, its the summit brand and the resister bracket was tackwelded to the mounting bracket, and it broke during installation. not good quality but for 30 bucks for the coil, bracket, and resistor i couldnt really complain.

and here is the after results. i just took an aluminum for sale sign from walmart and blocked the egr vavle and put it back on to seal it. im working on a thicker block off plate to get rid of the bulky vavle. 

it runs so much better then it did before...glad i decided to do it

2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

ranger11

Re: Duraspark conversion complete...woohoo!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
Looks alot better. {toast}

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
runs alot better too, made my metering block yesterday, now im just trying to figure out why i have a erratic/skipping sounding idle, and why it stalls when i stop quickly. got all the vac ports capped and in the right place. maybe i need to adjust the 2 screws on front of the carb
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

ranger11

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
The floats are prob shutting off when you nose dive.

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:25:37 AM »
i got it fixed, had to adjust the two screws on the front of the carb...hey richard do u have access to a timing light? i had to time it by ear, my timing light went dead on me and wont work, and i figured the auto parts stores would have a loaner. i guess nobody has a carb'd ride anymore
2000 TJ

ranger11

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
Yes I have one.

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:23:18 PM »
Nvm lol, i ended up getting one yesterday, i had it at 50*, reset it to 12* all i can say is wow, its like a new motor. i dont almost get run over on the interstate anymore
2000 TJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM