BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trip to MN  (Read 623 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Trip to MN
« on: November 02, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »
Well, I took the family up to MN over the weekend to look for a place to live. We did find a house and we find out tomorrow if we get it or not (rent). The funny thing is we got their Friday and came back tonight, so we spent a few days their. We did not see one lifted vehicle the whole time we were there. So i posted on one of the jeep forums that I was able to find and asked the question, "Is MN strict on their lift laws", and the answer I got back was, if you drive a lifted jeep or truck, "you are a environmental terrorist".

I guess it's time to install the roll cage with the built in 50 cal.

the bad part is, i looked up the lift laws and MN goes by the height of the bumper...........and the law states that the bumper must be within 6 inches of factory bumper height with the maximum on 4x4's being 25".
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ranger11

Re: Trip to MN
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:14:41 PM »
 :bs) :bs) :bs) :bs) :bs) :bs)

Offline fourwheelinaj

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:02:25 PM »
:bs) :bs) :bs) :bs) :bs) :bs)

x2   WTF 

Not that I ever plan moving any future north and would like to move furthur south - hate, hate cold weather which is anything under 80 - I know now one place I won't be going and I don't even have my Jeep lifted - yet.

Do you know if they really are all that strict about it?  Sometimes they have these things on the book but don't harrass people about it unless they go to far.

Hope you find a way to work it out.  Also would like to know why you are considered and environmental terrorists?  That makes no sense.  I would think we generally love the outdoors problably more than the ones making the stuipd rules.  The whole reason we do what we do to our Jeeps is to get out and play with nature and she usually wins with some sort of carnage.   {ehm}

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:09:58 PM »
Well, I took the family up to MN over the weekend to look for a place to live. We did find a house and we find out tomorrow if we get it or not (rent). The funny thing is we got their Friday and came back tonight, so we spent a few days their. We did not see one lifted vehicle the whole time we were there. So i posted on one of the jeep forums that I was able to find and asked the question, "Is MN strict on their lift laws", and the answer I got back was, if you drive a lifted jeep or truck, "you are a environmental terrorist".

I guess it's time to install the roll cage with the built in 50 cal.

the bad part is, i looked up the lift laws and MN goes by the height of the bumper...........and the law states that the bumper must be within 6 inches of factory bumper height with the maximum on 4x4's being 25".
If i'm not mistaken, Ga's lift laws are 2 inches up or down from stock bumper height.  {ehm}

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »
If I remember correctly, you're looking forward to St Paul, so that tells us all how mad MYSHAMI really is.   >:(

Glad you found something. 

When is your report day there, and when are you passing through?  Can you speed some time in Atlanta? 

Any chance of making Mountainside next weekend?

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:37:26 AM »
measure your bumpers and if they are too high for MN make some sweet bumper-lowering brackets.  {toast}

and buy a good coat.  {nln} the cold.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
Might want to look into a snow plow adapter for that Jeep as well.  :P
I've grown tired of this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
Might want to look into a snow plow adapter for that Jeep as well.  :P
pffft..... Buy a Snow Cat.

Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »
I guess I will find out when I take it in to get plates. And Larry, for some reason I have the feeling that I do not want to be in any areas that requires a snow cat...............................
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 02:56:58 PM »
Well, you will be. Went to both extremes in 1 yr! beach to freeze yo A-- off and 4ft of snow! ;D

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
If I remember correctly, you're looking forward to St Paul, so that tells us all how mad MYSHAMI really is.   >:(

Glad you found something. 

When is your report day there, and when are you passing through?  Can you speed some time in Atlanta? 

Any chance of making Mountainside next weekend?

We will be in Atlanta on the 19th and leaving early am on the 24th to head to IL and visit family for Thanksgiving and then heading to MN on the 29th. Maybe we can get some Wild Wings on that Saturday (20th).
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 03:56:51 PM »
 {letseat}

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE