BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gun Control Info Thread  (Read 38936 times)

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
Re: Gun Control Info Thread
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2019, 08:14:17 PM »

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »
Emotions should not dictate policy, the Constitution should.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2019, 05:18:10 AM »
Ouch...Texas gunman had been ruled 'mentally unfit' to buy firearms, used loophole on background check: report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-odessa-gunman-mentally-unfit-buy-firearms-gun-law-loophole-background-check

The suspected mass shooter, Seth Aaron Ator, 36, appeared to have taken advantage of a loophole in federal gun law by purchasing the AR-type assault rifle used in the rampage at a private person-to-person gun sale, effectively bypassing a background check. Under Texas state law, background checks are not required in private sales, according to the Texas Tribune.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2019, 05:55:18 AM »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2019, 06:36:18 AM »

Murder is legal, it's just that the government has a monopoly on it.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2019, 07:26:39 AM »
Ouch...Texas gunman had been ruled 'mentally unfit' to buy firearms, used loophole on background check: report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-odessa-gunman-mentally-unfit-buy-firearms-gun-law-loophole-background-check

The suspected mass shooter, Seth Aaron Ator, 36, appeared to have taken advantage of a loophole in federal gun law by purchasing the AR-type assault rifle used in the rampage at a private person-to-person gun sale, effectively bypassing a background check. Under Texas state law, background checks are not required in private sales, according to the Texas Tribune.

It's not the law, but in my opinion a seller should only be selling to those who are able to buy/currently have a ccw or equivalent license

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2019, 09:56:42 AM »

The suspected mass shooter, Seth Aaron Ator, 36, appeared to have taken advantage of a loophole in federal gun law by purchasing the AR-type assault rifle used in the rampage at a private person-to-person gun sale, effectively bypassing a background check. Under Texas state law, background checks are not required in private sales, according to the Texas Tribune.

It's not the law, but in my opinion a seller should only be selling to those who are able to buy/currently have a ccw or equivalent license

I agree.
I wonder how shitty the person feels now, after selling to that nutcase.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »

I agree.

Yep. Also, if they were friends, was there a reasonable expectation he would have known the guys mental deficiency? If so, cant he be held responsible?

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2019, 10:12:15 AM »

I agree.

Yep. Also, if they were friends, was there a reasonable expectation he would have known the guys mental deficiency? If so, cant he be held responsible?
I know in the sate of Georgia if you sell to known felons or "those known to not legally posses firearms" you can be held liable. An Alpharetta police Sargent is spending prison time for it..
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »

I agree.

I know in the sate of Georgia if you sell to known felons or "those known to not legally posses firearms" you can be held liable. An Alpharetta police Sargent is spending prison time for it..

I know GA does, would be interesting to see if the seller in this case can be held liable

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2019, 10:29:18 AM »

I agree.

I know GA does, would be interesting to see if the seller in this case can be held liable

For the average seller though, there is no way to know for sure if someone will pass a background check.  The cop in Alpharetta was trafficing guns to known felons.  If I sell a gun to @patman and I have no idea he is a convicted felon, I cannot be held liable. 

I’ve sold many guns over the years.  Back in the day if you wanted to sell a gun, you put a classified ad in the newspaper.  If I didn’t get a good vibe from the buyer, I didn’t sell it.  I usually made them show me their driver’s license and wrote down their information.  I still have them all in a file.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2019, 10:35:03 AM »

I agree.

For the average seller though, there is no way to know for sure if someone will pass a background check.  The cop in Alpharetta was trafficing guns to known felons.  If I sell a gun to @patman and I have no idea he is a convicted felon, I cannot be held liable. 

I’ve sold many guns over the years.  Back in the day if you wanted to sell a gun, you put a classified ad in the newspaper.  If I didn’t get a good vibe from the buyer, I didn’t sell it.  I usually made them show me their driver’s license and wrote down their information.  I still have them all in a file.

When I sold one I required a valid drivers license and carry permit. I also made sure the addresses and photos matched

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM