BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ok im stumped...  (Read 261 times)

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
Ok im stumped...
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »
well last week i decided to change the flexplate and torque converter on my rig because i was going on a 350 mile trip. i used a lower stall torque converter then stock, all brand new parts. so i replaced everything and used locktite blue, and torqued everything up right. also i have a manual lock up switch to lock up the t/c.i noticed that with the new torque converter that my lockup didnt work, but it kinda seemed like it was locked on the 3-4 shift. i checked all of my wires to my switch and everything is good. what could be wrong?

also my valves ticked like crazy, so when i got to my destination my stepdad helped me get them back in spec, and holy crap was it quiet. we ran through everything 3 times to make sure the tolerances were right.

also before i changed my flexplate out my starter was grinding everytime i started her up, and when i got finished with everything the starter was normal. well now its grinding on startup again and im getting a rattleing noise from the bellhousing area. fluid in trans is spot on, and everything is still tight...any ideas on what it could be? it seems to be only noticable at idle, mainly in park. what should i check out?
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

mdo817

Re: Ok im stumped...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »
also before i changed my flexplate out my starter was grinding everytime i started her up, and when i got finished with everything the starter was normal. well now its grinding on startup again and im getting a rattleing noise from the bellhousing area. fluid in trans is spot on, and everything is still tight...any ideas on what it could be? it seems to be only noticable at idle, mainly in park. what should i check out?
Two things come to mind on the third question. One - sounds like your starter needs to be shimmed properly to get proper engagement and disengagement.  Two -  New flex plate might be cracked or a broken weld on the ring gear.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM