BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 2011 Grand Cherokee  (Read 412 times)

BigJerm

2011 Grand Cherokee
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:02:05 PM »
Anyone got some real reviews on this thing? Maybe a forum review or something? Car and Driver, Edmunds, all of that is the same garbage repeated over and over. Meg wants 1 when they start showing up used soon. We test drove a Laredo with the auto AWD feature (no shifter for 4x4, its just there) and it was an amazing ride and quite peppy for the V6. Her car is always our travel vehicle since the Wrangler gets the usual mpg for a wrangler.

mdo817

Re: 2011 Grand Cherokee
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »
I haven't seen any Jerm, but I really like them a lot. Donna DD's a WK, V6 4X4 Laredo, I will say that the all wheel drive is awesome, it is so smooth that you really don't even feel it kick in. You can't make it break the tires loose on a wet road and it's friggin' awesome in the snow. My only issue with the WK's is having 27 computers on board all talking to each other  :o when we got hers there was a module in the rear that had a bad ground that was jacking up the front auto windows. Dealer finally found it, no mores issues in almost 60,000 miles.

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »
Yeah another concern of mine is all the electronics. We drove pretty much a base model Laredo with dual air, heated seats and navigation added but there was a lot of controls and stuff for just trip computers... Wish we could afford the Overland edition with all the gadgets but if I can buy that I will just buy a used SRT8 GC  ;D

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 03:38:01 PM »
Yeah another concern of mine is all the electronics. We drove pretty much a base model Laredo with dual air, heated seats and navigation added but there was a lot of controls and stuff for just trip computers... Wish we could afford the Overland edition with all the gadgets but if I can buy that I will just buy a used SRT8 GC  ;D
Yes I luv those. Buy that then we could race I know the SRT8 will smoke my TBSS but it would still be cool to have a grocery getter race. {toast}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

RotorHead

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »
Talk to Hitmoney over on JKO Jeremy. He bought one a while back. His is all decked out with the Hemi, but he would give you an honest opinion.

Mark, we need to talk about the window thing. My mom's WK is doing the same thing. The auto up feature on the passenger side goes up then back down. My brother says it's a common problem, but the dealer wants almost $400 to fix it.

BigJerm

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
Talk to Hitmoney over on JKO Jeremy. He bought one a while back. His is all decked out with the Hemi, but he would give you an honest opinion.

Sent him a message, thanks for the info!

mdo817

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »

Mark, we need to talk about the window thing. My mom's WK is doing the same thing. The auto up feature on the passenger side goes up then back down. My brother says it's a common problem, but the dealer wants almost $400 to fix it.
Call me tonight, we need to talk anyway. {toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »
Hopefully Mark and Mike your's dont have window issues like the 2007 Liberty does. Switches work great but the window regular has a plastic tab that can break causing the motor to lose tension and the window falls down... Jeep's fix for it? Replace the whole window and set up with that of earlier Jeep Liberty's. Jeep just sent out a letter extending a warranty on the windows so we can get it fixed finally.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »

Our Commander does the same thing on the passenger side, ever once and awhile. Kind of annoying.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

RotorHead

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »

Opps. Just saw this Mark. Sorry.

mdo817

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »

Opps. Just saw this Mark. Sorry.
Sure, call the house this afternoon, maybe I'll answer. ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM