BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Suit or no Suit  (Read 545 times)

Offline Alex

• Visitor
Suit or no Suit
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »
So i am going to be going down to Albany ( ::)) next monday to meet with a guy about a job.  A little background, i interviewed with the CEO of the company back in December.  I was told I would have a job when i graduate.  The CEO is friends with my uncle, they were roommates and played football at GSU.  I didn't get the job  in the office i wanted in Savannah or Columbus so now i have been passed to the Albany office.  I have talked to the guy twice on the phone and he wanted to setup a Skype meeting with me when i offered to drive down and meet him at the office.  He was happy about that and is going to take me around albany to show me places to live and such.  So would you wear a suit even though this is like my 4th interview with the company?

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
Re: Suit or no Suit
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »
Not sure what type of job you are going for... but a suit NEVER hurts. At minimum I would be in business dress and have a sports coat, then when you leave the office to look at housing, you can leave the sports coat. 
JK-AJ

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
Business dress at a minimum.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »
I asked this same question last year. Everyone said "yes". Every interview I went to I got a "Well, you are a  bit overdressed..." The job I ended up getting, I wore some slacks and a button-up shirt and got a "thanks for not overdressing too much". I also got bonus points for having a nice bloody fingernail (thanks to Ryan's Jeep). I guess it depends on the job. In the office all the time? Meeting with customers? Doing field work?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Richard

Re: Re: Re: Suit or no Suit
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »
I asked this same question last year. Everyone said "yes". Every interview I went to I got a "Well, you are a  bit overdressed..." The job I ended up getting, I wore some slacks and a button-up shirt and got a "thanks for not overdressing too much". I also got bonus points for having a nice bloody fingernail (thanks to Ryan's Jeep). I guess it depends on the job. In the office all the time? Meeting with customers? Doing field work?

Stop the press.  I told you about 5 times not to overdress. Fag. Look back at the posts since that's the only proof I have

Richard

Re: Re: Suit or no Suit
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:46:41 PM »
Alex like I told jimbo dress for the job you are applying for. Nothing more nothing less. Dress like you think you will when/if you get the job. If you wear a suit I hope like hell you are a sales man. Basic clothes that look nice is all you need people aren't stupid and almost never hire the guy in a suit unless they will be selling something.

Ps im hiring but I think this job would hurt you're feelings.  Its not for the weak at heart or for the person that wants a fat wallet.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 02:26:27 AM »
I'm living in Albany again and also  born and raised. Biz casual or khaki and a collar shit. What is the job you are interviewing.

Side note there isn't a lot to see. Better like the gnats and hot weather. 97 tomorrow here...woot woot. Give a look at lee county for places to live as well. Right next to albany and not really a drive.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

EvilMunkey

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:15:08 AM »
I'd say button up shirt w/ tie and dress/suit pants w/ nice shoes. . Unless they require a blazer to be worn at work or to work and work related functions I wouldn't worry about the jacket/blazer.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »
I lived in Albany once.  Couldn't wait to get out, and it took les than a year for me to depart.  God awful place to live.

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »
Thanks guys, yeah i am not very excited about Albany but a job is a job at this point.  I was told to live in Lee County also.  It is a consulting civil engineering firm and suits will not be daily dress.  I had the suit for the interview with the CEO but this is like me 4th or 5th interview (phone and in-person) with this company so i thought that a button down and dress slacks would be the best idea.  I also have a meeting with  HRD engineering in Chattanooga tn next Thursday.  I REALLY want that job.  I interviewed with the guy a about a month ago and he told me they were at the beginning of expansion and he wished he could hire me right there but they can't right that minute.  So he said to wait a month and come up and he would take me to lunch and show me the office.  So I still have my fingers crossed on that job because I love chattanooga and have family that lives there. 

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 10:27:43 AM »
Casual, like a summer wedding attire. Just tuck the shirt. ;)
I've grown tired of this.

ranger11

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
Alex I seen a few jobs that you may want to checkout on these sites. nscorp.com and csx.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM