BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: UPDATE ON DURHAMTOWN JEEP PARKS  (Read 554 times)

Offline durhamtown

• Visitor
UPDATE ON DURHAMTOWN JEEP PARKS
« on: August 04, 2011, 04:08:05 PM »

I posted this on some other sites   they were asking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys 

it is hard to determine what to build when there is a wide variety of vehicles

we have had many stock vehicles to come out and leave due too much difficulty   and then again  we have had mods come out and leave due to not difficult enough

we just added approx 15 mles of  stock and semi stock trails  along creek bottoms and river bottoms   good shady cruising trails and a section of rocky part time creek bed to crawl in     we did it on bikes saturday and 6 people crashed....

now we are building and obstacle park at the top of the day parking lot   the quad and bike guys are always asking where can they see the jeeps play  they are not alowed on the jeep parks   

so we are building it so everyone can watch   

we are cutting troughs into the rocky hillside and placing large rocks and boulders, concrete pipe  logs   tires etc to generate some challenges   there will be a bowl for you to climb in   this area is naturally stoney and will hold up very well  with no mud  and on a hill side for drainage     we also plan to carve into the hillside for some climbing as well

as you see the area develope and have some suggestions  feel free to let us know

we know we are not the mountains and rock is limited here  so we will never be Tellico  but will try to be the best we can be.... with what we have

thanks mike 

Richard

Re: Re: UPDATE ON DURHAMTOWN JEEP PARKS
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:17:16 PM »
Sounds good I plan to come out later this month. See you there

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: UPDATE ON DURHAMTOWN JEEP PARKS
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
 {toast}
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
Sounds good!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:33:26 PM »
 {toast}

{drool}

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »
    Sounds good Mike! I was out there 3 weeks ago and Had lots of fun on the new part and Slippery Nipple was a blast going down and up. (except that dang root ball on the left about 3/4 of the way up. I had to back up about 75 times seems like lol) I also didn't like that you had no map for the new park yet and you had to scratch it out on a piece of paper for us... I know all of this will come soon so no real complaints here. Moving along Nicely.
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »
Good deal!  Thanks Mike.
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
ive never been there, but im looking farward to it- once mine has the axles redone ill be there!!  {toast} thanks for the update.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
Maps for the new area... i have had a few guys tell me that their GPS systems can be down loaded on to a computer and then printed out... so far none of those guys have brought in the map that they say they were going to do... my GPS is an old one and is not very computer friendly.. so I ask those of you that have one where you can have it follow you on a trail please do so and email them to Mike at dtown... as far as Labor day weekend goes I will be there... with my thumb is the air...LOL.....

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »
Sounds good Mike keep. If you build they will come. {toast} {letseat}
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

Offline Calvin

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 10:50:13 PM »
Richard let me know when you plan on going, I'll probably join you if that's alright. I WNna check out this new park.
98 XJ

ghostdancer308

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 06:01:03 AM »
I'm on leave and I have contacted MikeD. I might try to meet up with him down there. If I do, I will get pics!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM