BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: So what do you do for a living?  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
So what do you do for a living?
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
I don't think a thread was ever made regarding what we all do for a living. Some of us might need some help with something in the future so post up!

I am a Graphic Designer/ Product Engineer for ACME Diecast. www.acmediecast.com (formerly GMP Diecast) we manufacture high end model cars and other collectibles. I am responsible for all product development, design, packaging, photography and website maintenece. I also freelance on the side. Been with this job for almost 9 years.
I've grown tired of this.

MMjeep

Re: So what do you do for a living?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »
sounds like a sweet place to work ben, no wonder you got all that computer free time {toast}. I am a master technician or electrical technician however you wanna put it with Kysor/Warren been here about 2 1/2 years. I basically troubleshoot, test, and program all industrial refrigeration systems made by our company. Before this i spent some time as a breacher, search and disposal of ieds, and a EIB trainer for claymore mines.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »
Man, that was a change in careers! Bet you kinda miss that. Yeah, I am locked at a desk all day and I would much rather be out doing some sort of physical work. It's days like this that I hate my window in my office :P

MMjeep

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
yeah i hear ya im in a factory from dark to dark it seems like. Makes me hate the winter time. At least you got a window. Yeah i miss the army days but it was either reclass or get out and i chose to get out. Ive been doing motor controls and electrical since before i could drive so the current job isnt far from that. I would like to get into engineering but dont really got the time between work and raising a family.

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »
 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o {cool} ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :bs) :hlp {toast} {btt} {letseat} {popcorn} {salute} {boohoo} {ehm} {no} WTF :smoke................ {rtft}..this says I'm retired!
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

BigJerm

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
Baby sitter, mediator, ass kicker, and sanitation worker. Keepin those streets clean  {toast}

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »
 :D

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »
My job is actually my hobby  ;D  Get to sell off-road and custom auto parts all day!  {salute}
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
I've been in the aluminum extrusion business for 28 years. Best description is.....a giant Play-doh machine that use's aluminum to make anything you can think of. I work the dies to ensure dimensions and quality. Over the years I've made everything from shower doors, the corner trim for pool tables, Freightliner grilles, bed rails for trucks, hurricane shutters.
    For that the last 6 1/2 years I've worked in the Aerospace industry as the Die Repair Supervisor on the world's 2nd largest extrusion press (16,200 ton). It was made in the 1930's by Germany. After the war it was seized and while in transport to the US it sank to the bottom of one of the rivers over there. It was recoverd and made operational in St. Louis by Spectrolite until the company went under. It sat in storage for years until my company bought it and started prodccing in 2005. We currently extrude the parts that the wings are made from for Boeing, Air Bus and other's. We are taking over Alcoa's place in the aerospace field.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:08:40 PM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
Wow - Awesome !!  {salute}
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »
I am an unemployed, recent college graduate.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »
I'm a project manager. I work for a company that builds light rail transit systems, such as the MARTA there in GA. We also build people movers that are located in some airports. If you have ever flown into Miami International Airport or Dulles International Airport and took the train to a different terminal then you have ridden on one of my projects. If you have been on a train in Washington D.C., or ST. Louis you have ridden on one of my projects. We actually install the track, substations, communications and the signal systems for these projects. Substations include AC (14.3kv) and DC power (875 Vdc).

Before this I worked for the same company but in a different division. In the beginning I worked for our Power and Industrial division building power houses. Here we were responsible for all if the electrical and mechanical instrumentation.

I left the company once for about 8 months to go to work for a pipe and steel fabrication company. That was probably the best 8 months of my working career.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM