BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Your 1st time...  (Read 274 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Your 1st time...
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »
 ;D So where was the 1st place you really got your feet wet in the driver seat? Not just the powerlines and hills but real wheeling? I was used to playing on powerlines and backwoods properties {no} until I happened across camp jeep online and read into a few places that they were going to be at. I saw Tellico on the list and it was pretty close. Did some research and found that there was a Dixie Run coming up (this was in '07) and figured I would give it a shot. Me and my buddy headed up and camped at Crawfords camp ground near the start of trail 1. The rides were already planned based on your trail choices from the sign up waiver etc. My 1st ride came on trail 4 and I was instantly hooked. Nothing difficult about trail 4 but it was a blast. It was the 1st time I saw real rocks on a trail of any kind. I was used to mud and and the occasional rock or 2 but this was awesome! By late in the day I was getting a bit bored with running these easy trails like 4, 5, 6. So at the end of the day we headed back to camp and met our neighbors in 2 built XJs. They had planned on running schoolbus, guardrail and helicopter the next day. I was stoked and nervous at the same time. Next morning we woke up earlier than anyone else there and got to the trails 1st. We had schoolbus all to ourselves! For those of you that know that trail, it was an absolute blast and never stopped with the obsticles. So here I was, day 2 of being on the rocks for the 1st time and loving it. I was instantly addicted! I was running my TJ with 1 rear locker (S35 kit) no front locker, 2" BB and 33's. Those memories will always be with me. I really wish Tellico was still around.

My 1st official "offroad video"  ;D
/>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:17:58 AM by Krawler00 »
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: Your 1st time...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »
Trail 4 at Tellico was also my first real rock trail, Easter 2004 in the snow.  Went as far as Fain's Ford then turned around.  Got high centered once.  Later that weekend did 5-6, then went to watch on Lower 2.  Also camped at Crawfords.  Open diffs on crappy 33s.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:34:38 AM »
In Hibernia N.J. around and above the Iron Ore mines in 1964.
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:04 AM »
Mine would have Tellico trail #4 also in 2005. Me and my nephew went (by ourselfs) in my TJ with 2'' lift and 32'' tires on open axles (didn't know about lockers). Hell I got high centererd a bunch and was scared shitless. We also turned around at Fains Ford. Tore both my stock side steps off. Bent in my skid plate enough that later I had to take a sledge hammer to it. Went back several more times and done  #4 all the way "5, #6 and # 8 was pretty fun. I freaking hate it closed and I didn't get a chance to do it after I learned more and had a better prepared rig...
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline CopperCrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
Niagara Rim Trail in Northern CA.

[attachment deleted by admin]
1999 TJ
2004 F-350 XLT, FX4, 4X4, 4"lift on 35s
2011 F-150 Supercrew Lariat, 4X4 (Wifes car)
And the Off Road transportation that NEVER gets stuck
1990 Tennessee Walking Horse - "JEZ"

Always remember our veterans!!  Even if you don't agree with the politics of what they are fighting for, they are someone who swore to give the ultimate sacrifice of their LIFE to defend the freedoms you and I enjoy everyday.

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »
River Rock '08.
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 06:54:01 PM »
Tellico for me too. Dixie Run 2004 - I went with the Off-road shop I worked for. The first day there we meet up with Shane McCormick from Rancho. I got to ride their buggy around Crawfords camp! My first trail was 4 to Fain's Ford. I love that place!! The next trail we hit was Slick Rock - that was pretty intense for  newbie

It really sucks that Tellico is gone, seeing as how it affected so many peoples life's in the community and all over the Southeast  :'(
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
Beasley, then Tellico for my first weekend trip and then River Rock...

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: Re: Your 1st time...
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 07:39:04 AM »
Wow, I was wrong! I just found my registration for Dixie run 2002.

TAPATALK
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »
Should be in a frame with candles burning around it!  :'(
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE