BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Shox pitman & trackbar reloc for tj  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Shox pitman & trackbar reloc for tj
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »
I run 35's on 3.5". Matt runs 2.5" and 35's. It can be done. I for one do not like when Jeeps go over 4" total lift. Gravity lines change and it gets hairy...

COG can all together be different with the same lift height. For instance a Jeep with a 4" lift could have a better COG than a jeep with 3" of lift. COG is factored by width of tires, spacers or not, width of axles, if you have a tire carrier or not and weight of the spare, engine weight, how much other weight is in the jeep and where the weight is, and the list keep going. So, COG is all together different than just the lift height although I wouldn't reccomend 6 inches though.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 05:59:19 AM »
Have any of you acutally had a 6 '' lift? I understand what y'all are saying. But who has
had a 6'' lift? I've been at 5'' to 6'' now for 3 years and wheeled with each one of you.
current pic   5.5'' springs front, 4'' spring with 1'' spacer rear for leveling
with the weight of the winch I figure I sitting with 5''

All I'm doing is presenting actual experience with that much lift. I'm not saying it's the best
way to go...in every discussion you should each side to be heard. I'm used to the backlash
of doing things my way....35's on stock axles with 3.07 gears....remember that shit storm.....LOL

Now if you want to know stupid.....years ago while piecing together my lift I had my 2'' suspension with 2'' spacers for 4'' total. Bought a 3'' body lift off Craigslist even though I said I never would do a body lift. So then I had 6'' of lift......think that is stupid it gets better. I finally got a true 4'' suspension lift, left the spacer on plus still had that damn 3'' body lift.....

What a dumbass......
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

BigJerm

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 07:17:30 AM »
I have had 5" total, not 6 on my LJ

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »
I had a 6" TeraFlex Long-arm on my old TJ, but I was running 37" tires. I felt like the center of gravity was good. Not sure about 35's though.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »
Hey, we all do things the way we want. Nobody is fussin with that. I was once on the old school way of thinking and at one point wanted a cool 6" lift for the TJ. I thought like most of the guys on JF, that you had to have a huge lift to run big tires. I then researched and found out that it was completely doable to run a low lift and big tires. Now, I have never ran a rig with that much lift. So I cannot bash anyone, and have not. I just know how my jeep feels on the lift I have and 35's and would not want to add anymore height. Ideally I want 37's on this lift. I really wish I could loose and inch or more but can't because of the steering set up and belly up. But that is the cool part about this hobby, guys will run all kinds of stuff on their rigs, some work, some don't, but it is probably the only hobby I have known where each run, I learn something new. Either a new breaking point of the jeep or finding another "pushing the envelop" spot or looking at someone else's rig and seeing something that would work well on mine. Kev, I like the way you think and have stood behind you before on the 35 deal  ::) Each of us have our likes and ways, that is the cool part about this group. I have the clearance of a jeep on 6" lift and stock bellypan, hell, maybe more with the belly up. But to each his own and just keep it right side up! {letseat}
I've grown tired of this.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 08:44:17 AM »
 {cheers2}
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline MOOSE

• Visitor
  • KNUCKLES
    • JEEP FORUM - MOOSE
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
I havent been here in a min. 6" is nice and I did buy the 6" lift but I am only going to put 4" for now til I can do it right for 6". With that said, I still need 4" rear coils! Any help out there?

MOOSE via iPhone
/\/\ @ @ § €

1980 AMC JEEP CJ-5
SBC350 5.7L V8
DANA 30 FRONT AMC 20 REAR
T176 4 SPEED DANA 300 T-CASE
31 INCH A/Ts BLACK WAGON WHEELS
EDLEBROCK ACCESSORIES INTAKE & CARB

If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done... - Anonymous

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK