BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Any good trails near the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area?  (Read 1452 times)

Offline harrism

• Visitor
Any good trails near the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area?
« on: July 18, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »
I am looking to take my friend off roading soon but I don't know any good places. I've heard there are some cool areas near Morgan Falls but don't know how to get to them. I'm looking for some mid difficulty trails that are still fun but something that I can take in a stock toyota FJ.

Offline Drlecter90210

• Visitor
Re: Any good trails near the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »
I'm super new to this forum.  But I grew up in that area and used to run the sweet powerline trails over there.  Used to be that you could go down the road to Morgan Falls damn and immediately before it turned a hard left there was a pull out on the left.  If you look back up to the right there are high tension lines.  There used to be a gate that was often left open.  It was pretty cool back there but then again I was running a 4WD mitsubishi montero so it wasnt' too extreme but after some rain it got fairly silly back there.  Be careful as I'm not sure if it's legal.  In fact I'm pretty sure they didn't want me back there. 

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »
I'm super new to this forum.  But I grew up in that area and used to run the sweet powerline trails over there.  Used to be that you could go down the road to Morgan Falls damn and immediately before it turned a hard left there was a pull out on the left.  If you look back up to the right there are high tension lines.  There used to be a gate that was often left open.  It was pretty cool back there but then again I was running a 4WD mitsubishi montero so it wasnt' too extreme but after some rain it got fairly silly back there.  Be careful as I'm not sure if it's legal.  In fact I'm pretty sure they didn't want me back there. 

{no}

Most all power lines are illegal. Not recommended.
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
All power lines are Illegal unless you own the property or have permission from the owner.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any legal wheeling areas in the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area.

Check out the ride thread, got some coming up.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
There are lots of good trails in the area -- for hiking.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM