BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177731 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2013, 08:36:54 AM »
I started playing tennis again after a 7 year hiatus.  Am going to be on a senior men's Alta team this winter with other geezers like me, probably B6.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2013, 08:48:41 AM »
DAWGS got the 12 win season... a rarity.

South Carolina game was awesome.

Clemson/LSU was awesome but I would would have preferred SEC won.

VERY difficult to relax last night knowing vacation was over and had to return to the office.  Watched about 20 episodes of Sons of Anarchy of the holidays.  In season 4 now.  Hate when we catch up, like we did with Homeland.

New Year Bummer:  Everybody's Social Security taxes went up 47% yesterday even with the news hype that the fiscal cliff was averted except for those of you making $400k+.   ;D  The Social Security 2% tax reduction is gone, and it's back up to 6.2% from 4.2%.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:03 AM »
Thanks Doug, my SS check went up 1.7%, so I appreciate your contribution.   ;D
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
Thanks Doug, my SS check went up 1.7%, so I appreciate your contribution.   ;D

You don't need it!  lol

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2013, 07:05:19 AM »
well, was kind of sick yesterday, stayed home.  in bed most of the day. 

found out my wife may be losing her Job soon so, things for me may change.   not sure how we are going to deal with the two in college as her job was funding that..
we will see.

daughter in last Jr. Semester of Nursing school in OK, Clinicals nxt, then she has an internship lined up at a local hospital in OK to work till she begins her Sr. year.
Son, cant cutt it in college so he is in TN looking for employment and a place to live. currently living out of his car, he is looking for shelters around Nashville to have a place to sleep.
so if your a praying person, keep him in your prayers that he remains safe and is able to find employment and a place to live.

funny how kids turn out, funny how we are nothing but a mixture of the choices we make.  raised them both the same yet , they are both traveling different paths?

anyway, its hard on his mother, so keep her in your prayers also if your so inclined to do so.

Me, I need more coffee and i guess my job is going well, reviews are due to be in by the end of this week, then we work on them in Feb and hopefully final numbers are set by early March.
I just got to many fingers in my pockets, but I cant take it with me, at least my investments are holding steady.   12% over the last 3 years Avg.  is how much my 401k grew.   several guys
at the office are upset with me , cause I wont give them details on how i managed that.   (hint) Foreign stocks, was a big key last year , at least for me, and.. Im pretty aggressive, and they
are not.   but its all a gamble, i just go lucky.  i changed it this year, to be more Conservative, i don't see a bright future the way the country is headed, but only time will tell.

peace guys.   hope the rest of your week goes well.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2013, 08:04:21 AM »
Sitting here at Mount Vernon Mills watching the Chattooga river rise. It's got maybe a foot or two here at the mill before it overflows its banks. When that happens the mill will have to shut down because the basemant where all the air compressors are at will be flooded.

Oh well, guess I'll get to go back home and enjoy a rainy day on the PS3!
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2013, 08:05:21 AM »
well, was kind of sick yesterday, stayed home.  in bed most of the day. 

found out my wife may be losing her Job soon so, things for me may change.   not sure how we are going to deal with the two in college as her job was funding that..
we will see.

daughter in last Jr. Semester of Nursing school in OK, Clinicals nxt, then she has an internship lined up at a local hospital in OK to work till she begins her Sr. year.
Son, cant cutt it in college so he is in TN looking for employment and a place to live. currently living out of his car, he is looking for shelters around Nashville to have a place to sleep.
so if your a praying person, keep him in your prayers that he remains safe and is able to find employment and a place to live.

funny how kids turn out, funny how we are nothing but a mixture of the choices we make.  raised them both the same yet , they are both traveling different paths?

anyway, its hard on his mother, so keep her in your prayers also if your so inclined to do so.

Me, I need more coffee and i guess my job is going well, reviews are due to be in by the end of this week, then we work on them in Feb and hopefully final numbers are set by early March.
I just got to many fingers in my pockets, but I cant take it with me, at least my investments are holding steady.   12% over the last 3 years Avg.  is how much my 401k grew.   several guys
at the office are upset with me , cause I wont give them details on how i managed that.   (hint) Foreign stocks, was a big key last year , at least for me, and.. Im pretty aggressive, and they
are not.   but its all a gamble, i just go lucky.  i changed it this year, to be more Conservative, i don't see a bright future the way the country is headed, but only time will tell.

peace guys.   hope the rest of your week goes well.

Prayers for your son Kent. 

Offline unwantedstray

• Visitor
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »

I got my statement yesterday. 14% on the year which is not too bad. Ive still got a while for it to grow. Ive only been working for 2 years.
Zack Gilbert
2005 Rubicon "Agent Orange"

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2013, 08:34:15 AM »

I got my statement yesterday. 14% on the year which is not too bad. Ive still got a while for it to grow. Ive only been working for 2 years.

Very nice.  i was happy with 12.  some of the guys in my office watch and play the market daily, i seem to take the advice my dad gave me a long time ago.   put it in, and walk away.  if you
look at it all the time it just makes your blood pressure go up.   </LMAO/>   
Kent Casey

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »
Kent, what type of job is he looking for?
What are his skill sets?
Is he in Nashville for music career?

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »
Kent, what type of job is he looking for?
What are his skill sets?
Is he in Nashville for music career?

anything Full time. that maybe has some benifits.
he was an Art Education Major.  so.  little to no practical skills.  he works well with his hands, was going to be a teacher.
was at MTSU for school.  he has worked at ACE hardware chick-fla, several other food places.
Kent Casey

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »
I just got to many fingers in my pockets, but I cant take it with me, at least my investments are holding steady.   12% over the last 3 years Avg.  is how much my 401k grew.   several guys
at the office are upset with me , cause I wont give them details on how i managed that.   (hint) Foreign stocks, was a big key last year , at least for me, and.. Im pretty aggressive, and they
are not.   but its all a gamble, i just go lucky.  i changed it this year, to be more Conservative, i don't see a bright future the way the country is headed, but only time will tell.

16.8% for 2012, not bad at all.

some of us remember 1995 - damn, the good ole days, I was up over 40% that year.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM