BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176407 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #1020 on: October 24, 2015, 06:19:00 AM »
We have a Hellcat scheduled next Friday. Wrapping the hood, roof, & trunk matte black. The owner has some Forgiato's on order for next go-round too.
See if we can't get a little race going between the Hellcat and the GTR. I think the GT-R is 2.9 seconds 0-60
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1021 on: October 24, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
We have a Hellcat scheduled next Friday. Wrapping the hood, roof, & trunk matte black. The owner has some Forgiato's on order for next go-round too.
See if we can't get a little race going between the Hellcat and the GTR. I think the GT-R is 2.9 seconds 0-60
That all wheel drive gtr will smoke the piggy hellcat. I really doubt the hellcat will hook from the line under wot without slicks.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1022 on: October 25, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »
So I can buy a brand new 15 Cummins with a 5 year 100k warranty for about the same price as a used Duramax that is or will soon be out of warranty. 

Both will get the job done.

Dang.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1023 on: October 25, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »

So I can buy a brand new 15 Cummins with a 5 year 100k warranty for about the same price as a used Duramax that is or will soon be out of warranty. 

Both will get the job done.

Dang.

Do it.  Call Kirby Keith @ Ed Voyles and tell him I told you he would get you the best deal. Bought both the Jeep and truck from him. Had to work on him for the Jeep. On the truck, he went 13k off before we even started negotiating as he knew I wasn't going to bs around. I grew up in a Chevy family and have had zero regrets with my 15 Cummings.  Love it.
That's a no brainier.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #1024 on: October 25, 2015, 04:36:56 PM »
Welcome to the truck market. Doesn't make sense but don't argue with it.  I kept thinking I'd trade to a 1-2 year old truck but the math doesn't make any sense to do it... I'm 15k miles into my truck. Engine is strong and it's got a great interior setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1025 on: October 25, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
Not picking on you Cummins folks, but I hear that there have been some issues with the new ones that dodge can't get parts for at greater than a month becuase there are so many.

It may be an easy math thing, but I would start reading and see what's up. I know everyone has been fine, but you could always be the unlucky one. That goes for any brand. I didn't want to pay as much for a truck when I bought mine, but after reading I wouldn't get anything less than an 08 becuase the 6.0 had too many issues without spending a pile of money.

I would rather have deleted truck. No emissions crap is good for a diesel. That's one of the reason the 7.3 was so good, no emissions junk to fool.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1026 on: October 25, 2015, 05:17:03 PM »
When I was shopping, a day after the new GMC hit the lots (not literally, but close), they wanted $4k more for the GMC than the RAM.  It was a '14 RAM vs a '15 GMC.  Don't be scared to look for a new GMC if you are going to buy a new RAM.  I would have paid $2k more for the GMC, but they were hung up on the $4k.  Now that the stink has worn off the GMC, I bet you can get them much closer together, thus getting exactly what you want.  The DEF tank on the GMC is stupidly placed, but otherwise it is a great vehicle and it was the best riding and best off the line truck I drove.  The rear seats passengers did not get hvac (my 07 tundra had rear air vents...WTF GMC) and do get the joy of the front seat ventilation blowing hot (maybe stinky) air in their face...sucks to ride bitch in a GMC!

Good luck.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1027 on: October 25, 2015, 05:55:08 PM »
Not picking on you Cummins folks, but I hear that there have been some issues with the new ones that dodge can't get parts for at greater than a month becuase there are so many.

It may be an easy math thing, but I would start reading and see what's up. I know everyone has been fine, but you could always be the unlucky one. That goes for any brand. I didn't want to pay as much for a truck when I bought mine, but after reading I wouldn't get anything less than an 08 becuase the 6.0 had too many issues without spending a pile of money.

I would rather have deleted truck. No emissions crap is good for a diesel. That's one of the reason the 7.3 was so good, no emissions junk to fool.
Sorta like the 6.4.  Most say avoid them, many had issues, and you love yours.

I'll look for that info... There are a few new ones around here and I haven't heard anything bad. 

If you see a story please share the link.  I'll Google.

I've heard avoid the 11 Ford and Dmax but that's all on the recent year models.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1028 on: October 25, 2015, 05:56:31 PM »
When I was shopping, a day after the new GMC hit the lots (not literally, but close), they wanted $4k more for the GMC than the RAM.  It was a '14 RAM vs a '15 GMC.  Don't be scared to look for a new GMC if you are going to buy a new RAM.  I would have paid $2k more for the GMC, but they were hung up on the $4k.  Now that the stink has worn off the GMC, I bet you can get them much closer together, thus getting exactly what you want.  The DEF tank on the GMC is stupidly placed, but otherwise it is a great vehicle and it was the best riding and best off the line truck I drove.  The rear seats passengers did not get hvac (my 07 tundra had rear air vents...WTF GMC) and do get the joy of the front seat ventilation blowing hot (maybe stinky) air in their face...sucks to ride bitch in a GMC!

Good luck.

- Torg
Not even close now.  $12k off the cummins.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1029 on: October 25, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »
The 6.4 only has the bad designed coolant hose and then sometime the radiator. I have seen the hose. The 6.4 still has the most retarded power once tuned.

The 6.7 are solid. Even ford mech are saying. The 15, 6.7 got a bigger turbo and is becoming a league of its on. 11, 6.7 I think had a few things but following years are great. I'm a Ford fan but ford's diesel, the insides, and trans are something to consider.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1030 on: October 25, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »

There's a steering weld recall they've had delays in addressing but that's on 13-14s.  Not aware of anything else that's really of major concern.  At least haven't seen anything on the cummins forums.  Now a days recalls happen on any brand.

Weld?

I'm familiar with several recalls...steering airbags, side airbags, security on infotainment system...I'm sure more recalls are on the way...it is a Fiat!

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1031 on: October 25, 2015, 10:31:50 PM »

There's a steering weld recall they've had delays in addressing but that's on 13-14s.  Not aware of anything else that's really of major concern.  At least haven't seen anything on the cummins forums.  Now a days recalls happen on any brand.

Weld?

I'm familiar with several recalls...steering airbags, side airbags, security on infotainment system...I'm sure more recalls are on the way...it is a Fiat!

- Torg

Recall R46

Actually trackbar welds
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?searchType=ID&targetCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=15V541000

Steering airbags?

I haven't been notified of the weld recall...maybe my unit wasn't affected.

Actually driver's side airbag:
http://repairpal.com/recall/15V459000

Great site!
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults;jsessionid=9lQJWt9DcmnJnZlhF2G68c1pFdsGvZLSvCsfcyyBM3zXjjgtM0SW!1136289827?prodType=V&searchType=PROD&targetCategory=A&searchCriteria.model=2500&stats=1973413%2C6%2C1%2C77%2C17%2C2500&makeStats=&jsonBaseURL=%2Fdownloads%2Ffolders%2F&searchCriteria.model_yr=2014&searchCriteria.make=RAM&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1973413

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM