BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176870 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #1104 on: October 31, 2015, 02:27:36 PM »
U Joint in Decatur?  If so we lived a mile away from there years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, in Clayton Georgia...Rabun county. 

It is fun to watch people going in and out of Walmart and try to guess who is wearing a Halloween costume...it is more difficult than one might think.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1105 on: November 01, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »
Hoping we can fly out on time.  The remnants from that Cat 5 hurricane that hit Mexico and flooded Texas is lingering.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1106 on: November 01, 2015, 12:53:24 PM »
Hoping we can fly out on time.  The remnants from that Cat 5 hurricane that hit Mexico and flooded Texas is lingering.

My heart goes out to those affected by that storm, especially personal aircraft passengers.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1107 on: November 01, 2015, 12:58:19 PM »
I do hope you can get out of there safely.  I have a few co-workers who own aircraft and I recall them getting from a-to-b faster than me (Destin Florida fishing trip), but I also recall them having to stay over a couple of extra days waiting for the weather to improve enough to get back home.  I also recall the pilot not being able to drink for 24 hours before the flight. 

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1108 on: November 02, 2015, 06:40:39 AM »
We got home fine.  2 great instrument approaches in macon and Atlanta.

Rain.

Word.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:42:10 AM by Doug »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1109 on: November 02, 2015, 09:34:18 AM »
I do hope you can get out of there safely.  I have a few co-workers who own aircraft and I recall them getting from a-to-b faster than me (Destin Florida fishing trip), but I also recall them having to stay over a couple of extra days waiting for the weather to improve enough to get back home.  I also recall the pilot not being able to drink for 24 hours before the flight. 

- Torg

Yep, weather can make it a much longer trip than commercial.  Our captain is an ex-USAir captain and he isn't afraid to make a low ceiling insturment approach so we went, but many pilots would have stayed grounded yesterday for safety. 

But it is awesome to land and drive into the hanger out of the rain where your car is runing and the back is open, you step out and into the car and they put the bags in the back, and you drive off,
In severe contrast to my 5.5 hour flight today to San Diego in coach and dealing with the TSA.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1110 on: November 02, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »

- Torg

Yep, weather can make it a much longer trip than commercial.  Our captain is an ex-USAir captain and he isn't afraid to make a low ceiling insturment approach so we went, but many pilots would have stayed grounded yesterday for safety. 

But it is awesome to land and drive into the hanger out of the rain where your car is runing and the back is open, you step out and into the car and they put the bags in the back, and you drive off,
In severe contrast to my 5.5 hour flight today to San Diego in coach and dealing with the TSA.

Commercial sucks, so if the destination is within 6 hours of driving...I drive. 

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1111 on: November 05, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »
Who wants to grab this nail with pliers and give it a quick snap for me.  I've tried with my fingers and can't do it.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #1112 on: November 05, 2015, 08:34:29 PM »
Damn!!!!
Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1113 on: November 05, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
I'm on it...but tell me who is Keyser Soze!

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1114 on: November 06, 2015, 08:12:39 PM »
Got home from Vegas, ran a few errands, meet Linda for lunch, and got home and started relaxing.  Megan comes to me after dark and says her boyfriend has gone onto a power line and stuck his 4x4 Chev. He has a one owner low mile white club cab lifted beautiful truck.  I'm shocked but not so much.  He's a great kid out having some fun.

Megan already knows how I feel about power lines, and he does too, but 3 others have tried to get him out with no success.  He's been stuck since 330.  Its 6. So I grabbed the recovery gear and headed over.  Buried and on the frame.  No luck pulling, no trees close, and to pull him backwards back into the road out of the mud bog, I'm on an angle and a steep incline. 

The winch is dragging me down, so I let out some slack, backed up the hill as far as possible, and started digging 4 huge holes about a foot deep.  Now brakes on and winch moves him. 

Took a lot of winch to get him to the edge and then up the embankment before he could move under his on power.

Battery light came on! Went off at home after turning jeep off and on.  Is it OK?

Just having fun on a Friday night.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:15:39 PM by Doug »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1115 on: November 06, 2015, 08:16:09 PM »
Got home from Vegas, ran a few errands, meet Linda for lunch, and got home and started relaxing.  Megan comes to me after dark and says her boyfriend has gone onto a power line and stuck his 4x4 Chev. He has a one owner low mile white club cab lifted beautiful truck.  I'm shocked but no do much.  He's a great kid out having some fun.

Megan already knows how I feel about power lines, and he does too, but 3 others have tried to get him out with no success.  He's been stuck done 330.  Its 6. So I grabbed the recovery gear and headed over.  Buried and on the frame.  No luck pulling, no trees close, and to pull him backwards back into the road out off the mud big I'm on an angle and a steep incline. 

The winch is dragging me so I let out some slack, backed up the hill as far as possible, and reverted digging 4 huge holes about a foot deep.  Brakes on and winch moves him. 

Took a lot of winch to get him to the edge and then up the embankment before he could move under his on power.

Just having fun on a Friday night.

A RAM wouldn't have gotten stuck. :)

any pictures?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM