BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 179570 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #1308 on: March 08, 2016, 09:10:31 AM »
Can't seem to get to the site via a browser on my desktop but my phone app seems to work?
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #1309 on: March 08, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »
Da man is supposed to be getting in touch with da man!
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #1310 on: March 08, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »
The site was migrated to a newer style platform. They are still working on the finishing touches. The site should operate the same for the most part. It will be back to normal soon though.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #1311 on: March 08, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »
aby normal???     ! No longer available
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #1312 on: March 11, 2016, 08:45:31 AM »
Hurting this morning.  Spoke on a conference panel in the homeland of @jc79.  Downtown Louisville has more Bourbon than you can handle.  Surprisingly really good food,  some very cool art in a museum that was beside the restaurant and The Pappy was tasty but my wallet is lighter.  Should have come here when I was with Cisco more.  The upgrade to first class on my flight home was worth it. 

Not a Pappy fan, I think the way they keep the production and the demand high makes it more desirable that it really is good.  The few times I have had it I was waiting for the heavens to open up and rain down unicorns on me...didn't happen.  Good bourbon but there are many that are its equal in my opinion.

Now...if someone is buying, I'm drinking

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #1313 on: March 11, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »

Hurting this morning.  Spoke on a conference panel in the homeland of @jc79.  Downtown Louisville has more Bourbon than you can handle.  Surprisingly really good food,  some very cool art in a museum that was beside the restaurant and The Pappy was tasty but my wallet is lighter.  Should have come here when I was with Cisco more.  The upgrade to first class on my flight home was worth it.

I've heard that a lot over the years... That people are a little surprised at what downtown Louisville has to offer. It mostly started with the re-do of 4th Street. You should go and do some of the Bourbon Trail tours. I've only done Makers Mark but it was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #1314 on: March 11, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »
Speaking of bourbon, I had a bourbon flight last night, pretty cool. 3Bs. Basil Hayden, Bulleit, Booker. A buddy with me ordered a Macallan rare cask, craziness.
Jay

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1315 on: March 11, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1316 on: March 12, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »

I've heard that a lot over the years... That people are a little surprised at what downtown Louisville has to offer. It mostly started with the re-do of 4th Street. You should go and do some of the Bourbon Trail tours. I've only done Makers Mark but it was awesome.

I was on 4th for a bit but ended up and down Main.  Proof, Doc Crows, and Manny & Merle are all recommended.  BBQ at Doc Crows was pretty good, not life changing, but good.  Manny & Merle had a green chili pork taco which was fantastic but the Bacon on a stick was just - odd. Proof on Main had a 30 day aged NY Strip that was very tasty and a drink called a Poison Arrow with China China in it.   It was also attached to the 21c museum which had some wicked exhibits like the Al Farrow deconstructed firearms and bullets exhibit -
http://www.21cmuseumhotels.com/louisville/museum/exhibits/al-farrow-wrath-and-reverence/

Text Rain was a pretty cool exhibit as well - a video wall with falling text that sensed your image and displayed it and the text interacted with you
https://youtu.be/_24diCvtAPM

The bathroom was pretty trippy as well with a waterfall trough urinal that was a one way mirror
https://youtu.be/Bq8hk-IPWJs

Very nice Jay.

Bourbon bucket list.

http://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/the-bourbon-bucket-list-15-bourbons-you-need-to-try-at-least-once/

I need to work on that list.  Had the 15 and 20yr Pappy but have not had the 23 yet.

Decided there is no time like the present to start on that list. Picked up a bottle of Four Roses and Widow Jane. I'll do a taste test this evening.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #1317 on: March 12, 2016, 05:01:33 PM »

Decided there is no time like the present to start on that list. Picked up a bottle of Four Roses and Widow Jane. I'll do a taste test this evening.

Haha, I did the same!  I tried Four Roses on Thursday and picked up a bottle today. Just poured my first taste.
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #1318 on: March 12, 2016, 05:47:11 PM »
If you guys see Blanton's in stock you should grab a bottle. Getting hard to get from what I've heard and experienced.

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Morning Coffee
« Reply #1319 on: March 12, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »
If you guys see Blanton's in stock you should grab a bottle. Getting hard to get from what I've heard and experienced.

Yes it is.

I have had it but never have had a bottle in my bar.  On the lookout for it. It's a damn solid bourbon.

This is another good one

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:49:41 PM by tcdawg »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM