BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177309 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #1560 on: September 02, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »
Just checked in to Hotel in Novi  MI at 2:30 am after 12 hour drive. I'm attending the Funeral of a friend who drowned swimming off his boat last weekend. Still not clear exactly what happen. He was a little older than me but active and healthy.  Just never know.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

very sorry to hear of your friend Mark

You are absolutely right, you just never know.  I have lost two friends in the last 6 months, both of them my age...46 years old.  Very, Very tough.

hang in there Mark

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #1561 on: September 02, 2016, 08:38:03 AM »
Mark and Tony...y'all keep those memories alive...I hold some people very dear to me in memories.

Today we at the McKean household are Celebrating 2 years since my wife Laura's lung surgery, they had to remove her upper left lobe due to a pre cancerous tumor. She has never smoked a day in her life and is an active runner. She coded twice on the table. I'm Thankful she pulled through and has made such a great recovery. She's my everything.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1562 on: September 02, 2016, 09:26:41 AM »
Life can be taken away any moment.  I lost my fiancé thanksgiving 2008.  She passed in her sleep at age 42.  Heart attack, she worked out, was fit, owned a women's gym.
  Hug your loved ones often
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1563 on: September 03, 2016, 08:17:35 AM »
Incredibly beautiful and cool at the lake this morning.

First taste of fall and a lot of football and food ahead.

For the jeep to the lake, a rare thing, drove awesome but I do need more power for the 40s up hill.

Do have an abs light, no heat, no cruise, wth.  Allsouth next week.

Tony is the ripp going to give me that power? 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #1564 on: September 03, 2016, 02:34:49 PM »

For the jeep to the lake, a rare thing, drove awesome but I do need more power for the 40s up hill.

It will give you back the power you lost from the big tires. Probably make it drive like it had 32's

But I would look for a SC that offers more low end power.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1565 on: September 03, 2016, 04:17:24 PM »

It will give you back the power you lost from the big tires. Probably make it drive like it had 32's

But I would look for a SC that offers more low end power.
Ah thanks

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1566 on: September 05, 2016, 09:42:57 AM »
Coffee sitting in the swing on our beach with Linda and Daisy. Gorgeous day.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1567 on: September 07, 2016, 05:25:11 AM »
Last Saturday, coming back to Kennesaw from downtown, Kell and I saw these motorcycle guys doing stunts on i-75N.  A group of 5 came flying through (racing?), then two more came up and proceeded to do wheelies in one of the lanes...for a long time.  It was cool to see, but man, these idiots put themselves at tremendous risk, plus they risked the rest of the vehicles.  I think I've seen this before (in person), but I can't remember for sure.  I didn't see a camera crew our chase car.  Crazy stuff...but it wasn't YouTube worthy since they didn't wreck.  They were behind me, so I didn't get a video.  Have y'all seen this on the freeway?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1568 on: September 07, 2016, 06:02:58 AM »
Yep, and we saw one get squished on 285. Bad scene.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #1569 on: September 07, 2016, 08:11:52 AM »
Those people that stunt on highways are f*cking idiots.  Anyone seeing that should call the cops.  I wish bad shit on them when I see it and those stupid videos on the Internet.  Love seeing them go splat.

I've been a motorcyclist my entire life and it pisses me off to see some jackass put other people's safety at risk.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1570 on: September 07, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »
I've seen a couple different groups when I was in atlanta doing wheelies. Doesn't really bother me if the highway is relatively empty. What pisses me off (and I call the police) are when idiots are splitting lanes and doing 120. I remember getting on 285 west coming from 400 (sandy springs) one day during rush hour when everyone is going 25-30, and these morons are going 70+ in the on-ramp shoulder and start weaving through the 285 traffic.

I had a teacher once whose boyfriend at the time was a cop. We heard a story of a guy running from the police and he lost control, ended up offroad and going under a sign that was supported my two metal poles. His legs didn't fit between the two poles...

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #1571 on: September 07, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »
I see them riding down I-20 the scariest thing for me to see is when they are off the side of their bike like they are barefoot water skiing. I have seen this twice, once with a crew in a convertible filming them doing wheelies in traffic and some kind of superman thing where they lay down on the bike etc. I will always slow way down and let them go. i don't want to be around if one of them eats it. I have seen how bikes wreck and its never pretty even for the pros. We have a worse problem currently on the East Side of Atlanta with dirt bikes and atv's taking over Moreland Ave. Usually on Sunday afternoons. Its one thing to have crazy street bikes at least they are going the same way. The dirt bikers are every where both sides of the street and yards and sidewalks. I have come to a complete stop while some kid, with out a helmet, rides a wheelie straight at me. The cops in Atlanta have a no chase policy so these kids run the streets and are unafraid.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM