BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177221 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #1728 on: November 30, 2016, 01:50:53 PM »
I don't disagree, in general.  They also aren't supposed to shoot without cause...which someone not following orders, and having a gun, would qualify for...I'm not sure that just not following commands is justification for shooting. 

Thank goodness I'm white, and that I'm not a cop...would suck to be non-white and/or a cop these days.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1729 on: November 30, 2016, 02:02:25 PM »
I don't disagree, in general.  They also aren't supposed to shoot without cause...which someone not following orders, and having a gun, would qualify for...I'm not sure that just not following commands is justification for shooting. 

Thank goodness I'm white, and that I'm not a cop...would suck to be non-white and/or a cop these days.
BS! Haed nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with behavior.
Oh i c what you did there

Wait, you're white?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #1730 on: November 30, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »

Wait, you're white?

more like rainbow
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1731 on: November 30, 2016, 03:49:37 PM »

Wait, you're white?

more like rainbow
Communist Red!   Pink on Fridays, sometimes.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1732 on: November 30, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »
Look what I see as I turned my calendar to December early.   Is this foreshadowing of the upcoming chili contest winner?
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1733 on: November 30, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »
His families atty just said he had a gun but there is no proof it was in his hand....

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1734 on: November 30, 2016, 07:01:37 PM »
There is a video online I can't find right now that times the response when someone reaches for a gun to shooting.  Basically, if a cop waits for your hand to pull that gun, it's too late and at least one round is going toward the cop.  You can't ask them to risk their life, their family's well being, if someone is not complying with their commands and reaching for something potentially a gun.  Comply even if you don't know or believe what is going on is right, survive the situation, and handle it after.
I agree with this, and I comply to the orders...but can you imagine how many drunks would be dead if the cops decided to just pull out the gun every time an order wasn't followed? 

I mentioned the whole "comply and nothing bad will happen" thing to a co-worker who grew up in the hood...he said he (and everyone in the hood) used to run from the cops because he knew if he stood still, they'd get him on some charge.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1735 on: November 30, 2016, 07:58:56 PM »
There is a video online I can't find right now that times the response when someone reaches for a gun to shooting.  Basically, if a cop waits for your hand to pull that gun, it's too late and at least one round is going toward the cop.  You can't ask them to risk their life, their family's well being, if someone is not complying with their commands and reaching for something potentially a gun.  Comply even if you don't know or believe what is going on is right, survive the situation, and handle it after.
I agree with this, and I comply to the orders...but can you imagine how many drunks would be dead if the cops decided to just pull out the gun every time an order wasn't followed? 

I mentioned the whole "comply and nothing bad will happen" thing to a co-worker who grew up in the hood...he said he (and everyone in the hood) used to run from the cops because he knew if he stood still, they'd get him on some charge.
On a legit charge?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1736 on: November 30, 2016, 08:19:26 PM »

On a legit charge?

I didn't get into details...it wouldn't have mattered...it's a state of mind. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1737 on: December 01, 2016, 08:57:32 AM »
Actual sign from a building in San Francisco where I had a recent meeting.

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1738 on: December 01, 2016, 09:19:57 AM »
Really sad that's needed. Problem is, something must have occurred for them to post it.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1739 on: December 01, 2016, 09:45:47 AM »
Really sad that's needed. Problem is, something must have occurred for them to post it.

Or they have one hell of a sense of humour...very funny
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM