BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176877 times)

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #1740 on: December 01, 2016, 10:03:30 AM »

Or they have one hell of a sense of humour...very funny

Because it's in the mecca of high tech, I believe this to be the case...
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1741 on: December 01, 2016, 10:23:25 AM »
Murray said that speculation in the community that Scott was unarmed – initial reports from a family member on Facebook said he was holding a book – were untrue.  “A reading book was not found in the front or back seats of Mr. Scott’s SUV,” Murray said.  People who claimed on social media that they had seen the shooting and Scott was unarmed later recanted – three people who’d made the claim told State Bureau of Investigation agents in interviews that they hadn’t actually seen the shooting, Murray said.

Those false tesifiers should get a year in jail,

And the media ran with that BS, and not what the officers were saying, because they don't say... they cannot speculate. They must wait for the facts.  Why can't the media?

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1742 on: December 01, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »
Murray said that speculation in the community that Scott was unarmed – initial reports from a family member on Facebook said he was holding a book – were untrue.  “A reading book was not found in the front or back seats of Mr. Scott’s SUV,” Murray said.  People who claimed on social media that they had seen the shooting and Scott was unarmed later recanted – three people who’d made the claim told State Bureau of Investigation agents in interviews that they hadn’t actually seen the shooting, Murray said.

Those false tesifiers should get a year in jail,

And the media ran with that BS, and not what the officers were saying, because they don't say... they cannot speculate. They must wait for the facts.  Why can't the media?
You can't over react if you have the facts.

The real problem is that there have been sufficient bad, real experiences with cops that makes society not trust them in normal interactions. 

I don't trust cops.  There is also the fact I'm usually breaking at least one law at all times, so maybe the laws should be changed!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1743 on: December 01, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »
His families atty just said he had a gun but there is no proof it was in his hand....

On Wednesday, Mecklenburg District Attorney Andrew Murray laid out in extensive detail the evidence gathered in the case.

“I’m extremely convinced that Mr. Vinson’s use of deadly force was lawful,” Murray said.

Evidence in the case shows that Scott stepped out of his SUV with a gun in his hand, Murray said, and ignored at least 10 commands from the five officers on the scene to drop it.

Murray said that Scott bought the gun – a Colt .380 semi-automatic that had been stolen in Gaston County – 18 days before the confrontation for $100. One bullet was found in the chamber of the cocked gun, the safety was off and Murray said Scott’s DNA was found on the grip and slide.

The person who sold the gun to Scott admitted to doing so when confronted by state and federal law enforcement, according to a prosecutor’s report on the shooting. “The seller said that Scott asked him to find him a weapon because he was having problems with his wife and her family, specifically his nephew,” the report said.

Murray said that speculation in the community that Scott was unarmed – initial reports from a family member on Facebook said he was holding a book – were untrue.

“A reading book was not found in the front or back seats of Mr. Scott’s SUV,” Murray said.

People who claimed on social media that they had seen the shooting and Scott was unarmed later recanted – three people who’d made the claim told State Bureau of Investigation agents in interviews that they hadn’t actually seen the shooting, Murray said.

Murray said he ran the evidence in the case past 15 veteran prosecutors in his office and they were unanimous in their recommendation that there was insufficient evidence to charge Vinson in the case. Two of those prosecutors were African-American and one was Latino, Murray said.

Local NAACP President Corine Mack, who attended a meeting of clergy and community leaders at Little Rock AME Zion Church before the protest, said she was disappointed but not surprised at Murray’s decision.

She called for more police accountability and transparency, and for an independent federal investigation into the Scott killing and law enforcement’s response to it.

“I am still very deeply disturbed,” Mack said. She said the episode brought to light problems such as lack of economic opportunity and social mobility for minorities.

“This goes beyond killing people,” Mack said. “The system was never made for black people.”
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/special-reports/charlotte-shooting-protests/article117914953.html#storylink=cpy

She's right, the system wasn't made for black people, it was made for ALL people.  I am sick and tired of all this bullshit about what color skin someone has.  I have been excluded unfairly because I am a Caucasian male.  I didn't get into certain colleges, I didn't get consideration in certain jobs.  I have been told that to my face.  I have been told that I was not allowed to hire a Caucasian male and to not include any in the interviews if possible.(I reported this to HR of that company and nothing was done to my knowledge).  We're all on this fawked up world together and I don't care what color you are.  fawk you if skin color matters to you.
Going to the hiring point you made: my dad told me growing up. He works at Miller Brewing. At the time black female was the most sought after. Your racist if you hire only white people and really so if you hire a male.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1744 on: December 01, 2016, 11:32:11 AM »
The real problem is that there have been sufficient bad, real experiences with cops that makes society not trust them in normal interactions. 

Damn you like koolaide.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #1745 on: December 01, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »

Damn you like koolaide.
By the gallons

BTW "You can't over react if you have the facts" has never stopped Libtards
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:36:29 AM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1746 on: December 01, 2016, 12:37:49 PM »

Damn you like koolaide.
By the gallons

I contemplated the over reaction comment after I posted it...it seems everyone is capable of over reacting...think about the 'Obama is going to take your guns' folks!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #1747 on: December 01, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »

Damn you like koolaide.
By the gallons

I contemplated the over reaction comment after I posted it...it seems everyone is capable of over reacting...think about the 'Obama is going to take your guns' folks!

I never thought he would take my gun, or at least without a fight!  just preventing us from buying more.  lol
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #1748 on: December 01, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »

Damn you like koolaide.
By the gallons

If it wasn't for the NRA and the fight that would come along with it, he would have done it in a minute.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1749 on: December 03, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
Just enjoyed a discussion with a LEO regarding my vehicle speed vs legal maximum speed on a specific road (47 in a 40).  I was honest, he was cool, and I got a warning!  Plus...I didn't get shot!

I'm going to Cherokee to gamble this afternoon (and tomorrow)...I hope I didn't blow all of my good fortune on avoiding a speeding ticket!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1750 on: December 03, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »
Just enjoyed a discussion with a LEO regarding my vehicle speed vs legal maximum speed on a specific road (47 in a 40).  I was honest, he was cool, and I got a warning!  Plus...I didn't get shot!

I'm going to Cherokee to gamble this afternoon (and tomorrow)...I hope I didn't blow all of my good fortune on avoiding a speeding ticket!
You got pulled over for u
7 over?

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1751 on: December 03, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »

You got pulled over for u
7 over?

Sorry, 57 in a 40
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM