BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177371 times)

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2232 on: April 16, 2017, 11:57:19 AM »
I make estimated tax payments each year so it takes most of the bite out of this time of the year, but still never fun to stroke the check with nothing to show for it...
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #2233 on: April 16, 2017, 12:51:37 PM »
I have no Idea WTF is up with my taxes! I just got a notice that they say I owe $4000 from 2014! I already know I owe $6000 from 2016. I am apparently in the 1% and owe more than the average person. FML Anyone know of a real good tax attorney? My accountant has retired and basically said, sorry for your luck... Either way this is going to cost me a lot just to figure this shit out and hopefully get the IRS off my back.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #2234 on: April 16, 2017, 02:34:29 PM »
Presumably they told why you owe the back taxes.  Shouldn't be hard to tell who's right.  Unfortunately the IRS is usually correct.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #2235 on: April 16, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »
Presumably they told why you owe the back taxes.  Shouldn't be hard to tell who's right.  Unfortunately the IRS is usually correct.

Well. They sent me a form that says we owe. It doesn't say anything about why they think we owe and with my current accountant reluctant to take the case because it was done by someone else, I'm sitting here like WTF. I'm going to give them a call monday but I don't know if that will help. Not expecting much help from an IRS agent on the phone.

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2236 on: April 16, 2017, 02:51:02 PM »

Well. They sent me a form that says we owe. It doesn't say anything about why they think we owe and with my current accountant reluctant to take the case because it was done by someone else, I'm sitting here like WTF. I'm going to give them a call monday but I don't know if that will help. Not expecting much help from an IRS agent on the phone.
You still have your files right? The facts should be clear. They must think you have income you didn't report. Is someone paying you and sending a 1099?

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #2237 on: April 16, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »

You still have your files right? The facts should be clear. They must think you have income you didn't report. Is someone paying you and sending a 1099?

Yeah. We have our files. We already paid $1400 for that year. Our files seem legit and all of my 1099's are accounted for.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2238 on: April 16, 2017, 03:47:39 PM »

Yeah. We have our files. We already paid $1400 for that year. Our files seem legit and all of my 1099's are accounted for.
Hopefully talking to them will help.

I've had a few messages from the IRS before, and they've always explained things well...so it stinks that isn't the case for you this time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #2239 on: April 16, 2017, 03:49:00 PM »
Might be AMT if everything is otherwise reported.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #2240 on: April 16, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »

Try tax defense partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2241 on: April 16, 2017, 08:22:21 PM »
I get a refund only because of daughter in college (American opportunity credit).

I have a child in college and plugged all that crap in and it didn't help me a bit.

What is this American Opportunity Credit?

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2242 on: April 17, 2017, 05:00:17 AM »
I get a refund only because of daughter in college (American opportunity credit).

I have a child in college and plugged all that crap in and it didn't help me a bit.

What is this American Opportunity Credit?
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/aotc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2243 on: April 17, 2017, 07:31:35 AM »
headed to @Allsouth Autosports  this afternoon for some breaks , and picking up my softdoor lowers i got from @Doug  will take some photos and post up if i see some rigs on the lifts.  always excited to see whats new and being installed.  :) 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM