BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 178514 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2436 on: June 27, 2017, 02:26:06 AM »
Going into the 15th hour of this work day. 2 round of subs just starting. High profile jobs are so fun. It's going to be a fun ride home tonight since I started at 3 am this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good day there Bobby!. I am amazed at folks that won't put in the time and do what it takes and want a raise and a promotion.

Make hay while the sun shines.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2437 on: June 27, 2017, 06:29:48 AM »
Going into the 15th hour of this work day. 2 round of subs just starting. High profile jobs are so fun. It's going to be a fun ride home tonight since I started at 3 am this morning.

Good day there Bobby!. I am amazed at folks that won't put in the time and do what it takes and want a raise and a promotion.

15 hour days is a bit long...

I too subscribe to the give it a bit more than the minimum 'work ethic'; however, I think I understand why some choose not to do the same.  Living comfortably is good enough for some.   For me, I'll sacrifice some income to not travel constantly...that's my give.

What I don't understand is people who can clearly tell they are working hard (maybe even working smartly) and not progressing at the same rate as others (or make what others make)...why don't you do what successful people do?  Look around at who is successful, then learn what they do, and then mimic them; there are several people in the club who can be mentors for smart working people.

The other one I don't get is why people continue to live in areas that are obviously never going to have an economic growth rate that is close to other areas.  Freaking move to where you can be successful!  Retraining a coal miner to run a server farm is wasteful if he continues to live in coal country.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2438 on: June 27, 2017, 06:46:28 AM »

wow, rare these days to see people who are dedicated and committed .   great example,  careful coming home after those long bouts.  it will pay off in the long run.  Good Job.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2439 on: June 27, 2017, 07:07:43 AM »
15 hour days aren't very unusual for any of our management team when something needs to get done.  A 6am to 9pm day or whenever isnt that big of a deal when its needed. Certsinly not every day.   

I want folks working for me that I know will do whatever it takes.  So does my boss.  Those folks are promotable. The ones that won't and don't check email on vacation, well they aren't going to be our first pick.

Traveling is almost always that kind of hours or more. New kids can't keep up on a cross country trip of 3 cities, 3 evening flights, 3 hotels, and a redeye back to the office. It kicks my ass the older i get. About to give up the redeyes.

I couldn't do the out on sunday and back on Friday either for any money if i had a choice. Would do anything to feed my family.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #2440 on: June 27, 2017, 07:11:15 AM »
Just woke up. Didn't get home to 12. Heading back now. The weekend can't get here fast enough.

Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2441 on: June 27, 2017, 07:18:03 AM »
15 hour days aren't very unusual for any of our management team when something needs to get done.  A 6am to 9pm day or whenever isnt that big of a deal when its needed. Certsinly not every day.   

I want folks working for me that I know will do whatever it takes.  So does my boss.  Those folks are promotable. The ones that won't and don't check email on vacation, well they aren't going to be our first pick.

Traveling is almost always that kind of hours or more. New kids can't keep up on a cross country trip of 3 cities, 3 evening flights, 3 hotels, and a redeye back to the office. It kicks my ass the older i get. About to give up the redeyes.

I couldn't do the out on sunday and back on Friday either for any money if i had a choice. Would do anything to feed my family.
You do a bit than feed your family

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2442 on: June 27, 2017, 07:18:37 AM »
Just woke up. Didn't get home to 12. Heading back now. The weekend can't get here fast enough.

Good afternoon, Bobby

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2443 on: June 27, 2017, 07:45:56 AM »
Bobbys a machine. 
Kent Casey

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #2444 on: June 27, 2017, 08:35:19 AM »

I too subscribe to the give it a bit more than the minimum 'work ethic'; however, I think I understand why some choose not to do the same.  Living comfortably is good enough for some.   For me, I'll sacrifice some income to not travel constantly...that's my give.

What I don't understand is people who can clearly tell they are working hard (maybe even working smartly) and not progressing at the same rate as others (or make what others make)...why don't you do what successful people do?  Look around at who is successful, then learn what they do, and then mimic them; there are several people in the club who can be mentors for smart working people.

The other one I don't get is why people continue to live in areas that are obviously never going to have an economic growth rate that is close to other areas.  Freaking move to where you can be successful!  Retraining a coal miner to run a server farm is wasteful if he continues to live in coal country.

takin shots at the rural workers. its a lifestyle choice for me more than anything. I know i could make 3-4 times as much working for someone else in a ABRA or Bla Bla Collision with next to 0 headaches. I dont want to deal with traffic, I hate the smell of the city (any city), and for the most part I dont have the patience for "city folk".. I could keep naming reasons Id rather make less and live in the mountains, there are many. Beth is a 1st hand victim tho, she made the same money bartending on weekends in 2 days that it takes 40 hrs to make here, she is getting there tho, she already makes more than I do, and she would never move back.. so she says lol ..
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2445 on: June 27, 2017, 08:55:17 AM »

takin shots at the rural workers. its a lifestyle choice for me more than anything. I know i could make 3-4 times as much working for someone else in a ABRA or Bla Bla Collision with next to 0 headaches. I dont want to deal with traffic, I hate the smell of the city (any city), and for the most part I dont have the patience for "city folk".. I could keep naming reasons Id rather make less and live in the mountains, there are many. Beth is a 1st hand victim tho, she made the same money bartending on weekends in 2 days that it takes 40 hrs to make here, she is getting there tho, she already makes more than I do, and she would never move back.. so she says lol ..

I have no issues Justin, its not about what u make, its about being content, if your not, change, if have to find a balance and u seemed to have found it, I would love to move to the mtns in a cabin, removed from everyone, .  i like "IT", seem to have a nack. for it, and it pays bills and keeps the wife happy with her toys.    u have a good woman who supports you and that, is worth a lot.  keep living the dream, gives the rest of us hope.  ;)
Kent Casey

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2446 on: June 27, 2017, 08:59:12 AM »

I really wasn't thinking of you or rural folk, since I know you are killing it and doing your own thing...not stupidly thinking a replacement job for manufacturing, agriculture, or mining will come to your part of the country.  I was really thinking of the folks in any city where jobs of the future will not be regardless of how much knowledge those folks have about the tasks involved in jobs of the future.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2447 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »
keep living the dream, gives the rest of us hope. 

Truth.  I work for the man.   //rtft//

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM