BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176839 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2448 on: June 27, 2017, 10:50:08 AM »
keep living the dream, gives the rest of us hope. 

Truth.  I work for the man.   //rtft//

ya, justin's my hero.  kind of feel like the dog is part of the package, so when they leave him home, i feel cheated.  ;)   im jk,..  ;) 
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #2449 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:43 AM »
For some it's all about the money. For others it's family. Obviously you need money to have the family but the older I get the more I want to have "less" if you think about it for a minute do you think we were put on this earth to work and make money to buy things we don't need? Hey, I love my hobbies and toys just like the next guy but if you break it down to life's essentials it's all a waste of time and money and time away from real life. I'm pretty simple in my needs and it always makes me laugh when I see people salivating for the next big thing, new car, new cell phone, new tires, new whatever. People have lost the feeling of being contempt in their life. I don't really "need" anything as it is all wants, all of it is wants. Air, food, roof over your head and some income to live within your means is enough for me. My personal goal is to move to the mountains and buy a good sized piece of property and live the rest of my life on that land. Will I need a job, yup. But by then I will not need the income I do now. I have been blessed by going thru a very difficult debt situation where I learned a good deal about money and how to control it. But we are all different and driven by different goals and that's what makes us all unique. Not everyone's happiness is the same.   //cheers2//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #2450 on: June 27, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »
Going into the 15th hour of this work day. 2 round of subs just starting. High profile jobs are so fun. It's going to be a fun ride home tonight since I started at 3 am this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good day there Bobby!. I am amazed at folks that won't put in the time and do what it takes and want a raise and a promotion.

Make hay while the sun shines.
15 hour days is a bit long...

I too subscribe to the give it a bit more than the minimum 'work ethic'; however, I think I understand why some choose not to do the same.  Living comfortably is good enough for some.   For me, I'll sacrifice some income to not travel constantly...that's my give.

What I don't understand is people who can clearly tell they are working hard (maybe even working smartly) and not progressing at the same rate as others (or make what others make)...why don't you do what successful people do?  Look around at who is successful, then learn what they do, and then mimic them; there are several people in the club who can be mentors for smart working people.

The other one I don't get is why people continue to live in areas that are obviously never going to have an economic growth rate that is close to other areas.  Freaking move to where you can be successful!  Retraining a coal miner to run a server farm is wasteful if he continues to live in coal country.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

takin shots at the rural workers. its a lifestyle choice for me more than anything. I know i could make 3-4 times as much working for someone else in a ABRA or Bla Bla Collision with next to 0 headaches. I dont want to deal with traffic, I hate the smell of the city (any city), and for the most part I dont have the patience for "city folk".. I could keep naming reasons Id rather make less and live in the mountains, there are many. Beth is a 1st hand victim tho, she made the same money bartending on weekends in 2 days that it takes 40 hrs to make here, she is getting there tho, she already makes more than I do, and she would never move back.. so she says lol ..
I really wasn't thinking of you or rural folk, since I know you are killing it and doing your own thing...not stupidly thinking a replacement job for manufacturing, agriculture, or mining will come to your part of the country.  I was really thinking of the folks in any city where jobs of the future will not be regardless of how much knowledge those folks have about the tasks involved in jobs of the future.

now that i read that it does look a little sensitive, not my intent.  I was honestly just poking @clark123456 ..  I just try to live to my own expectations and provide a comfortable life for Beth n I, we r young and coming up, we just have to remind ourselves sometimes that we have time to do the things we cant right now. Idk about the "dream" tho, if you call that having to work 7 days a week even for yourself then maybe, but it gets real old.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #2451 on: June 27, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »
Going into the 15th hour of this work day. 2 round of subs just starting. High profile jobs are so fun. It's going to be a fun ride home tonight since I started at 3 am this morning.

Good day there Bobby!. I am amazed at folks that won't put in the time and do what it takes and want a raise and a promotion.

Make hay while the sun shines.
15 hour days is a bit long...

I too subscribe to the give it a bit more than the minimum 'work ethic'; however, I think I understand why some choose not to do the same.  Living comfortably is good enough for some.   For me, I'll sacrifice some income to not travel constantly...that's my give.

What I don't understand is people who can clearly tell they are working hard (maybe even working smartly) and not progressing at the same rate as others (or make what others make)...why don't you do what successful people do?  Look around at who is successful, then learn what they do, and then mimic them; there are several people in the club who can be mentors for smart working people.

The other one I don't get is why people continue to live in areas that are obviously never going to have an economic growth rate that is close to other areas.  Freaking move to where you can be successful!  Retraining a coal miner to run a server farm is wasteful if he continues to live in coal country.

takin shots at the rural workers. its a lifestyle choice for me more than anything. I know i could make 3-4 times as much working for someone else in a ABRA or Bla Bla Collision with next to 0 headaches. I dont want to deal with traffic, I hate the smell of the city (any city), and for the most part I dont have the patience for "city folk".. I could keep naming reasons Id rather make less and live in the mountains, there are many. Beth is a 1st hand victim tho, she made the same money bartending on weekends in 2 days that it takes 40 hrs to make here, she is getting there tho, she already makes more than I do, and she would never move back.. so she says lol ..
I really wasn't thinking of you or rural folk, since I know you are killing it and doing your own thing...not stupidly thinking a replacement job for manufacturing, agriculture, or mining will come to your part of the country.  I was really thinking of the folks in any city where jobs of the future will not be regardless of how much knowledge those folks have about the tasks involved in jobs of the future.

now that i read that it does look a little sensitive, not my intent.  I was honestly just poking @clark123456 ..  I just try to live to my own expectations and provide a comfortable life for Beth n I, we r young and coming up, we just have to remind ourselves sometimes that we have time to do the things we cant right now. Idk about the "dream" tho, if you call that having to work 7 days a week even for yourself then maybe, but it gets real old.
If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #2452 on: June 27, 2017, 01:14:50 PM »
Ah yes but.....I've worked on extrusion dies for
34+ years. The last 11 being as a supervisor and
some days it ain't worth it and it is work! LOL
(5 more years=retirement)
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2453 on: June 27, 2017, 01:23:10 PM »
thats something i have had to explain to my son, like your job, find something that you like, parts will be un-fun or less-fun, but you have to take the good with the bad, if it was all good with no bad, I would be suspect of that.   

Grats on the future retirement Kevin.  :)
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2454 on: June 27, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »

takin shots at the rural workers