BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177200 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2580 on: August 02, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
Too dumb to be fake:  https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40799777

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They need to check to see if one of the inmates was his nephson.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2581 on: August 02, 2017, 07:57:46 AM »
Too dumb to be fake:  https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40799777

They need to check to see if one of the inmates was his nephson.
I'm concerned about the guard!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2582 on: August 03, 2017, 06:54:39 AM »
Our local conservative radio talk show host (the Austin Rhodes Show) had an interview with a "left wing writer from Oregon" And was played over the air (I have not heard it, nor do i listen to the show, but will try to find the replay):

From their fb:
Hats off to John C. for prompting us to look in a certain direction for the connection...but we have concluded that "Dr. Nira Cain"...the "left wing writer from Oregon", interviewed in our studio yesterday, was in fact Sacha Baron Cohen.

The producer traveling with the documentary crew, Todd, was in fact this man, Todd Schulman.  He spent the entire 90 minutes of the interview in the control room with my producer, Bill Botham.

Schulman is a longtime collaborator of SBC, having worked on virtually all of SBC's recent major films.

As a big fan of "Borat", I should have caught the voice...but the make-up job was too damn good.  Gotta say...I am tickled to death to have been picked for this "interview", and I can't wait to see what happens with the footage.

(The crew was adamant about "no pictures" being taken of "Dr. Cain", but we are lifting security footage tomorrow to provide you a look)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2583 on: August 03, 2017, 06:58:47 AM »
Our local conservative radio talk show host (the Austin Rhodes Show) had an interview with a "left wing writer from Oregon" And was played over the air (I have not heard it, nor do i listen to the show, but will try to find the replay):

From their fb:
Hats off to John C. for prompting us to look in a certain direction for the connection...but we have concluded that "Dr. Nira Cain"...the "left wing writer from Oregon", interviewed in our studio yesterday, was in fact Sacha Baron Cohen.

The producer traveling with the documentary crew, Todd, was in fact this man, Todd Schulman.  He spent the entire 90 minutes of the interview in the control room with my producer, Bill Botham.

Schulman is a longtime collaborator of SBC, having worked on virtually all of SBC's recent major films.

As a big fan of "Borat", I should have caught the voice...but the make-up job was too damn good.  Gotta say...I am tickled to death to have been picked for this "interview", and I can't wait to see what happens with the footage.

(The crew was adamant about "no pictures" being taken of "Dr. Cain", but we are lifting security footage tomorrow to provide you a look)
That's awesome.  Borat is a great movie!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #2585 on: August 03, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »
http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2016/09/doctors-wanted-wealthy-become-ups-truck-drivers.html?utm_content=buffer08a3b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I wonder where the author of that came up with that. When I worked for UPS, and it may have changed since then, you could not be hired in immediately as a driver. It would take years of working up through the loader/unloaded to sorter etc ranks before you would even be eligible for a route. So the earning starting at 18 isnt exactly accurate.  Also, a UPS truck driver may qualify for the Section 13(b)1 overtime exemption in the Fair Labor Standards Act. So they can scratch that UPS working MD hours line off the chart.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:57:31 PM by Scott F. »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Morning Coffee
« Reply #2586 on: August 03, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »
Adrian Beltre gets his 3000th hit and who is on the cover of my SI

Some idiot soccer dude. 

Fook

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2587 on: August 03, 2017, 07:14:05 PM »
http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2016/09/doctors-wanted-wealthy-become-ups-truck-drivers.html?utm_content=buffer08a3b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I wonder where the author of that came up with that. When I worked for UPS, and it may have changed since then, you could not be hired in immediately as a driver. It would take years of working up through the loader/unloaded to sorter etc ranks before you would even be eligible for a route. So the earning starting at 18 isnt exactly accurate.  Also, a UPS truck driver may qualify for the Section 13(b)1 overtime exemption in the Fair Labor Standards Act. So they can scratch that UPS working MD hours line off the chart.

As a detail guy, I love the detail in your responses.
Ditto. 

My thought was that while it would be nice to hypothesize about a UPS driver working 70 hours per week, that's a rough job to be pulling that many hours per week for 24+ years.  Being a doctor in an office, not as tough to knock down 70 hours per week. 

I don't hear about any UPS truck drivers driving white balls down the fairway of an exclusive country club on a weekday afternoon, but I hear about doctors doing it.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2588 on: August 03, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »

Some idiot soccer dude. 

Fook

Although it might be upside down but you might want to remove your address before Clarke starts sending you love letters.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2589 on: August 03, 2017, 07:51:43 PM »

Some idiot soccer dude. 

Fook

Although it might be upside down but you might want to remove your address before Clarke starts sending you love letters.

LOL
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2590 on: August 04, 2017, 06:41:54 AM »
This is pretty awesome. AC/DC Thunderstruck on an acoustic guitar. This guy has skills.

John
Tube chassis/buggy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM