BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176572 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2604 on: August 07, 2017, 10:24:28 PM »
The drain for the air conditioning decided to clogg up. Water went everywhere in the basement including the carpet.

Cluster screw up right now. Pissed to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2605 on: August 08, 2017, 06:50:53 AM »
The drain for the air conditioning decided to clogg up. Water went everywhere in the basement including the carpet.

A guy at work just went through this.  He said his drain line was completely blocked by minerals and his drain pan had a slight leak that didn't allow the float switch to cut off the air.

Good luck on getting it fixed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2606 on: August 08, 2017, 06:53:29 AM »

A guy at work just went through this.  He said his drain line was completely blocked by minerals and his drain pan had a slight leak that didn't allow the float switch to cut off the air.

Good luck. I had this happen last year on my attic unit. The float switch in the drain pan had gone bad as well. Went to throw some laundry in one morning and saw water leaking from the ceiling.  Major pain in the ass.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2607 on: August 08, 2017, 07:19:55 AM »

Good luck. I had this happen last year on my attic unit. The float switch in the drain pan had gone bad as well. Went to throw some laundry in one morning and saw water leaking from the ceiling.  Major pain in the ass.

This just happened to me last week.  I was mowing the yard and noticed water dripping from a small pipe coming out of the side of my house up above the second floor.  I was pretty sure exactly what was going on.  Went up into the attic and found that the regular condensation drain had clogged and it was filling up the emergency drain pan and dripping out of that pipe.  I tested the float in the drain pan and it was working, the water had just not got high enough to activate it yet.  Sucked the water out of the pan and had CoolRay come out and make the fix. 

I got lucky that the pan held the water and the emergency drain worked correctly.  No water damage.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2608 on: August 08, 2017, 07:40:45 AM »

This just happened to me last week.  I was mowing the yard and noticed water dripping from a small pipe coming out of the side of my house up above the second floor.  I was pretty sure exactly what was going on.  Went up into the attic and found that the regular condensation drain had clogged and it was filling up the emergency drain pan and dripping out of that pipe.  I tested the float in the drain pan and it was working, the water had just not got high enough to activate it yet.  Sucked the water out of the pan and had CoolRay come out and make the fix. 

I got lucky that the pan held the water and the emergency drain worked correctly.  No water damage.
Yep..great outcome!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #2609 on: August 08, 2017, 07:43:23 AM »
Ugh, sorry to hear it, Tripp.  Good luck getting it resolved quickly.
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #2610 on: August 08, 2017, 07:46:39 AM »

Yep..great outcome!

When we bought our house in december of 2011 we had a really cold snap for about a week. We had been in the house for less than a week and i come home and the garage door isn't working. I go in through the front door and the entire ceiling in the dining room and garage has fell in due to water. A sprinkler pipe had burst over the garage and sprayed throughout the entire house all day. I think it ended up being around 45,000 in damage but we essentially got a brand new interior of our house. It sucks at the time but will always work out for the better. Just be patient and know the insurance company is going to try and screw you any way they can.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2611 on: August 08, 2017, 08:01:13 AM »
Thanks.

I fixed it last night.

Drying things out now. It only affected a very small part but that's where the only carpet is in the basement. Sheetrock looks fine and I only saw a little mold on the base boards. Coated them in bleach.

I have a carpet cleaner but it's not at my house but will be today.

I will not be bothering house insurance. Too small and they kill you on premium. If they show up and you don't get anything from them, its still a ding on your report. My new roof comes off in the spring of next year, so unless it's catastrophic I'll leave them out.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2612 on: August 08, 2017, 09:08:47 AM »
Thanks.

I fixed it last night.

Drying things out now. It only affected a very small part but that's where the only carpet is in the basement. Sheetrock looks fine and I only saw a little mold on the base boards. Coated them in bleach.

I have a carpet cleaner but it's not at my house but will be today.

I will not be bothering house insurance. Too small and they kill you on premium. If they show up and you don't get anything from them, its still a ding on your report. My new roof comes off in the spring of next year, so unless it's catastrophic I'll leave them out.

I would put some box fans around to circulate the air.  The pros use those medium velocity, high volume blowers (squirrel fan design), but for that I'd just get the air moving.  A dehumidifier would be good too.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #2613 on: August 08, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »
Had mine back up a few years back in the attic. Pan overflowed, soaked the ceiling and walls. Luckily I caught it before it got out of hand. I only knew there was an issue due to the ceiling light being filled with water!  //LMAO// I was like... WTH?!
I've grown tired of this.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2614 on: August 08, 2017, 09:26:27 AM »
Shortly after we bought our first house in atlanta, my wife decided to take a bath. The plumber never sealed the drain of the tub, so all the water started dumping out the bottom of the tub into the kitchen below. We had 8 or so recessed can lights, all of them dumping water like some elegant waterfall.

We did have the A.C. attic drain clog like everyone else here in our Augusta house. Very glad the pan and shutoff switch worked, sounds like it could have been a lot worse!

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2615 on: August 08, 2017, 09:27:52 AM »
Going to check my drain in the attic tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM