BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176937 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2616 on: August 08, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
Thanks.

I fixed it last night.

Drying things out now. It only affected a very small part but that's where the only carpet is in the basement. Sheetrock looks fine and I only saw a little mold on the base boards. Coated them in bleach.

I have a carpet cleaner but it's not at my house but will be today.

I will not be bothering house insurance. Too small and they kill you on premium. If they show up and you don't get anything from them, its still a ding on your report. My new roof comes off in the spring of next year, so unless it's catastrophic I'll leave them out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I would put some box fans around to circulate the air.  The pros use those medium velocity, high volume blowers (squirrel fan design), but for that I'd just get the air moving.  A dehumidifier would be good too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Bought 2 box fans from Wal-Mart last night.

Already use a dehumidifier down there.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2617 on: August 08, 2017, 10:18:08 AM »
The drain for the air conditioning decided to clogg up. Water went everywhere in the basement including the carpet.

Cluster screw up right now. Pissed to say the least.

That sucks!

Clorox in the basement pump and attic pan every year.  I need to bad. 

Make a note guys, if you ever build a house, always put extra pipes in the slab from the A/C area and the panel to get the AC condensation, power, and anything else you want out of the house.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:18:55 AM by Doug »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2618 on: August 08, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »
The drain for the air conditioning decided to clogg up. Water went everywhere in the basement including the carpet.

A guy at work just went through this.  He said his drain line was completely blocked by minerals and his drain pan had a slight leak that didn't allow the float switch to cut off the air.

Good luck on getting it fixed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Good luck. I had this happen last year on my attic unit. The float switch in the drain pan had gone bad as well. Went to throw some laundry in one morning and saw water leaking from the ceiling.  Major pain in the ass.

This just happened to me last week.  I was mowing the yard and noticed water dripping from a small pipe coming out of the side of my house up above the second floor.  I was pretty sure exactly what was going on.  Went up into the attic and found that the regular condensation drain had clogged and it was filling up the emergency drain pan and dripping out of that pipe.  I tested the float in the drain pan and it was working, the water had just not got high enough to activate it yet.  Sucked the water out of the pan and had CoolRay come out and make the fix. 

I got lucky that the pan held the water and the emergency drain worked correctly.  No water damage.

Your attic has a pump rather than gravity feed?

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2619 on: August 08, 2017, 10:23:00 AM »
I see one of these most mornings on the way to work.  Has to be the ugliest Jeep ever produced.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:23:33 AM by BigMike »

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #2620 on: August 08, 2017, 10:24:34 AM »
Yep I agree there is one around my area......
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2621 on: August 08, 2017, 10:27:40 AM »
A sprinkler pipe had burst over the garage and sprayed throughout the entire house all day.

Fire Sprinklers?  Rare in Single family homes here. Did the county require it for new construction?  Maybe only the garage?

I built our last house with a full sprinkler system.  Filled the system with eco antifreeze before the final charge, although I had no pipes in the attic, only basement and walls, but if we lost heat for an extended time I didn't want a busted pipe.  Unlike your house water, the sprinkler lines should be the highest pressure possible and bypasses the regulator so you must have had a Noah sized flood and a HUGE water bill.  We had 130psi. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2622 on: August 08, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »
Require if garage is under the house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #2623 on: August 08, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
A sprinkler pipe had burst over the garage and sprayed throughout the entire house all day.

Fire Sprinklers?  Rare in Single family homes here. Did the county require it for new construction?  Maybe only the garage?

I built our last house with a full sprinkler system.  Filled the system with eco antifreeze before the final charge, although I had no pipes in the attic, only basement and walls, but if we lost heat for an extended time I didn't want a busted pipe.  Unlike your house water, the sprinkler lines should be the highest pressure possible and bypasses the regulator so you must have had a Noah sized flood and a HUGE water bill.  We had 130psi.

They are required if there is no fire barrier between the garage and the house (sheetrock). Our garage has sheetrock so i have no idea why we have sprinklers also.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #2624 on: August 08, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »
Code calls for sprinklers in garages if living space is above. Like a garage basement with the main floor above or bedroom above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2625 on: August 08, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »

That sucks!

Make a note guys, if you ever build a house, always put extra pipes in the slab from the A/C area and the panel to get the AC condensation, power, and anything else you want out of the house.
If the pipe cloggs up through the slab could be an issue.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2626 on: August 08, 2017, 12:50:37 PM »

This just happened to me last week.  I was mowing the yard and noticed water dripping from a small pipe coming out of the side of my house up above the second floor.  I was pretty sure exactly what was going on.  Went up into the attic and found that the regular condensation drain had clogged and it was filling up the emergency drain pan and dripping out of that pipe.  I tested the float in the drain pan and it was working, the water had just not got high enough to activate it yet.  Sucked the water out of the pan and had CoolRay come out and make the fix. 

I got lucky that the pan held the water and the emergency drain worked correctly.  No water damage.

Your attic has a pump rather than gravity feed?

No.  I said the normal drain got clogged. That made the condensation back up into the pan.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2627 on: August 08, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »

That sucks!

If the pipe cloggs up through the slab could be an issue.

There's always an IF

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM