BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177416 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2640 on: August 10, 2017, 07:34:09 AM »
Good luck Clark, give 'em hell. 

We should all show up to support Clark.  It would look something like this.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2641 on: August 10, 2017, 08:00:46 AM »
/>
I have two goals:
1) don't pay for the ticket
2) don't compound my problems with a stay in the local detention center

I'll compromise on #1

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2642 on: August 10, 2017, 08:07:31 AM »
Or more likely this version....

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2643 on: August 10, 2017, 08:27:48 AM »
YEARS AGO, I went to small claims court and was the defendant.  Garbage company was suing me for non-payment of 3 years.  Problem was, a trash container was dropped off at my house when I moved into the neighborhood and I never knew it was private collection and never signed a contract.  A guy shows up at my door 3 years later to collect 3 years worth of trash collection.  I told him to go fuck himself. 

Went to court and it looked like a tiny classroom and the "judge" might have been 30 years old and was wearing khakis and a polo shirt.  I got a little snippy with him and he stopped the proceedings and said "this might not look like a court room, but it is; I might not look like a judge, but I am".  I got the hint and fell in line and avoided being taken away.  My point to the judge was that I never signed a contract and how was I to know this was a private service not paid for by the city.  I told him that it was like a scam that this guy drops off trash cans and comes years later to collect a large amount of money.  The judge said he saw my point but that by allowing them to take my garbage for 3 years, (can't remember the term) I implicitly was bound contractually.  He did say that the statue of limitations only allow the garbage company to collect for the past 9 months.  He suspended the case for 30 days and if neither of us came back and settled the matter, it would be dropped.  I wrote the guy a check for the 9 months and continued to pay the monthly fee until I sold the house.  I still felt like I was cheated but it was an okay compromise.   

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2644 on: August 10, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
YEARS AGO, I went to small claims court and was the defendant.  Garbage company was suing me for non-payment of 3 years.  Problem was, a trash container was dropped off at my house when I moved into the neighborhood and I never knew it was private collection and never signed a contract.  A guy shows up at my door 3 years later to collect 3 years worth of trash collection.  I told him to go fawk himself. 

Went to court and it looked like a tiny classroom and the "judge" might have been 30 years old and was wearing khakis and a polo shirt.  I got a little snippy with him and he stopped the proceedings and said "this might not look like a court room, but it is; I might not look like a judge, but I am".  I got the hint and fell in line and avoided being taken away.  My point to the judge was that I never signed a contract and how was I to know this was a private service not paid for by the city.  I told him that it was like a scam that this guy drops off trash cans and comes years later to collect a large amount of money.  The judge said he saw my point but that by allowing them to take my garbage for 3 years, (can't remember the term) I implicitly was bound contractually.  He did say that the statue of limitations only allow the garbage company to collect for the past 9 months.  He suspended the case for 30 days and if neither of us came back and settled the matter, it would be dropped.  I wrote the guy a check for the 9 months and continued to pay the monthly fee until I sold the house.  I still felt like I was cheated but it was an okay compromise.   
I like that quote!  I'm also sure he's used it many times.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #2645 on: August 10, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
YEARS AGO, I went to small claims court and was the defendant.  Garbage company was suing me for non-payment of 3 years.  Problem was, a trash container was dropped off at my house when I moved into the neighborhood and I never knew it was private collection and never signed a contract.  A guy shows up at my door 3 years later to collect 3 years worth of trash collection.  I told him to go fawk himself. 

You getting a little snippy...... no way
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2646 on: August 10, 2017, 08:54:45 AM »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2647 on: August 10, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
So far, so good.  No handcuffs needed, yet.  I elected to meet with the prosecutor and potentially negotiate a deal.  If that fails, I'll go and plead not guilty.  Then I have to decide if I want a jury or bench trial.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2648 on: August 10, 2017, 09:52:55 AM »
So far, so good.  No handcuffs needed, yet.  I elected to meet with the prosecutor and potentially negotiate a deal.  If that fails, I'll go and plead not guilty.  Then I have to decide if I want a jury or bench trial.

You want a bench trial, they'd never find a jury of your peers. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2649 on: August 10, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »

You want a bench trial, they'd never find a jury of your peers.
True....I am peerless

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2650 on: August 10, 2017, 09:57:10 AM »

You getting a little snippy...... no way

I got the last laugh.  Raleigh used to have something live Alive After 5 on Fridays on the mall.  The city buildings surrounded the mall.  I was there with a group of people and saw the "judge" partying with a group of people.  Now I was young and buzzed, I went to the beer truck and bought two 16oz cups of beer.  Walking back to my group, I walk by the guy, acted like I tripped, and the two beers spilled all over him and soaked him.  I apologized and walked away.  Might have been a dick move, but I felt it evened the scales of justice at the time.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2651 on: August 10, 2017, 10:59:47 AM »
Ok...Trial of the century in 60 to 90 days.  I elected to get the bench trial.  The prosecutor wouldn't do anything. 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM