BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 179503 times)

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2688 on: August 15, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »
Nice John!! My most fun pick any car has been a g37 with national. I have a good ole Altima today. First thing I look for it traction control button. :)
Jay

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2689 on: August 15, 2017, 10:09:30 PM »
Nice John!! My most fun pick any car has been a g37 with national. I have a good ole Altima today. First thing I look for it traction control button. :)
They come with one.

You can spin the tires with it on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2690 on: August 15, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »
John, 4.5k rpm and up is what the motor loves and when it comes alive. I'm sure it's an auto but running it around 7k rpm will not hurt it. I love the coyote engine. 

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2691 on: August 15, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »
Nice rental. I got one on a trip to San Fran a couple years back but it was the V6. Thing still hauled butt. Paddle shifters got a real testing. I took it up into the redwoods and flogged that thing. I was impressed!
Sport mode is pretty fun.

It also has a built in front line lock setting so you can smoke the rear tires (not sure how I know that) .  ;-)

From the factory?

That's really cool. I'm surprised Ford was cool enough to do that.
Yup, from the factory and part of the "track apps" section of the center dash selection. I found an empty parking lot before I headed to dinner tonight and smoked the rear tires with the front line lock. This thing is a beast for a "stock" GT Premium with the 5.0. I would get into some trouble driving this every day. I took the long way back to the hotel tonight after dinner.

Also, I thought this was cool. When you unlock the car at night, there is a light mounted on the bottom of the driver and passenger side view mirror that projects a mustang on the ground beside the doors. Pretty cool.   Pic below.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #2692 on: August 15, 2017, 11:24:57 PM »
They come with one.

You can spin the tires with it on.

I know. I was just saying I look for that in general when I get a rental.
Jay

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2693 on: August 16, 2017, 01:10:47 AM »
Have you ever felt bad about telling somebody no, especially a family member.

So my father in law came over to talk to me and his daughter about the resturant. It was a discussion about us taking it over or not. If we had chosen to take it over, it would have cost us $xxx,xxx dollars. I felt so so bad about saying no. I felt like it was a let down, complete. On the up side there is a buyer that he would get more money from and not have to do the updates. He was going to pay for the grandfather updates. If he sells it to them he's not doing the updates. He comes out ahead but it doesn't stay in the family.

I currently own 2 business now and there are good and bad business deals, family or not. I just wish he would have put more money back into the business along the way as it would be in a better position in my eyes today. I would get it $0.50 on the dollar of its true land, building, and business value. My wife is a certified commercial real estate appraiser for SunTrust and her job is to review million dollar plus evaluations on loans so I know the true value from a bank stand point.

He benefits from a non family sell as this is his retirement, but man, his other two sons don't want it. Dang, sucks. Chalk it up to one of those things.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2694 on: August 16, 2017, 03:31:38 AM »

So my father in law came over to talk to me and his daughter about the resturant. It was a discussion about us taking it over or not. If we had chosen to take it over, it would have cost us $xxx,xxx dollars. I felt so so bad about saying no. I felt like it was a let down, complete. On the up side there is a buyer that he would get more money from and not have to do the updates. He was going to pay for the grandfather updates. If he sells it to them he's not doing the updates. He comes out ahead but it doesn't stay in the family.

I currently own 2 business now and there are good and bad business deals, family or not. I just wish he would have put more money back into the business along the way as it would be in a better position in my eyes today. I would get it $0.50 on the dollar of its true land, building, and business value. My wife is a certified commercial real estate appraiser for SunTrust and her job is to review million dollar plus evaluations on loans so I know the true value from a bank stand point.

He benefits from a non family sell as this is his retirement, but man, his other two sons don't want it. Dang, sucks. Chalk it up to one of those things.

I get your position, and it sounds like you made the right decision.  You have the added shit position of your marriage in the mix.  I do find the "in the family" thing to be a silly reason, but I'm not trying to pass along one of my most important accomplishments.

I try to stick with a general rule:  Don't do business with friends or family.  Period.

That rule nearly cost me a friend, and I'm sure it did permanent damage to the friendship, but I had to tell a bud that I wouldn't use him as my financial investor when he was starting out as one.

That rule, purely by fortune, also saved me from taking a job that would have disappeared within a couple of years and kept be from the awesome job I have now.  At the time it was tough to tell a friend I couldn't work for his company and support their goals.

I didn't follow that rule when I bought my second home and I was loaned money from my mom.  She nagged me one time about the house and how, "you wouldn't have this house without me".  While not accurate, since I'd just have had PMI added to the loan, I had to explain that if I had known she'd do that I'd never have accepted the money. I paid it back immediately after the first house sold.  Things were tough for a bit, but now I hardly think about...hardly.

If I "loan" money to a friend or family member, I actually go ahead and accept I'll never see that money again; If I can't accept that, then I don't loan the money.  If I get it back, great, but if I don't, I can still get along with that person without it pissing me off that they haven't paid me back.  It works for me, YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2695 on: August 16, 2017, 07:44:14 AM »

You did the right thing.  The restaurant is HIS business and HIS passion.  That doesn't have to translate to burdening you with it just because he thinks it should stay in the family.  If you were truly passionate about being a restaurant (I have friends that are), then it would be a different story.  You're at a good point in your life.  You're young, your wife has a good job, and you do whatever you decide to so that you're happy with your work every day.  I wish I had done that when I was your age.  I have a great job and make great money, but I lost my passion for technology many years ago.  Now it's just another "go work for the man" job.  Thankfully I only have 8 more years to do it. 

Good luck with your future, we'll be here to support you (and break your balls)!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2696 on: August 16, 2017, 08:11:18 AM »
If its not right, you have to politely deny and move on.  If you did it for family, it could ruin the family, especially when its in-laws. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2697 on: August 16, 2017, 08:12:22 AM »
If its not right, you have to politely deny and move on.  If you did it for family, it could ruin the family, especially when its in-laws. 

The difference between in-laws and outlaws?

Outlaws are wanted //LMAO//

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #2698 on: August 16, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »

If I "loan" money to a friend or family member, I actually go ahead and accept I'll never see that money again; If I can't accept that, then I don't loan the money.  If I get it back, great, but if I don't, I can still get along with that person without it pissing me off that they haven't paid me back.  It works for me, YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I've come to adopt this philosophy over the years and it has saved a couple friendships( and the relationship with my sister). It's not a loan, it's a helping hand up, and if you get the money back then you can bless the next person that comes along in need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #2699 on: August 16, 2017, 09:09:32 AM »
Well you can kiss your money goodbye with kids and grandkids
it's worse when their grown and "on their own". Here daughter
you need a little extra money......guilty as charged    LOL
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)