BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177085 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2820 on: September 12, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
We lost power last night around 10 and were still out - Roswell. Checked out the office and the power is out as well. Office is located at the corner of Roberts DR and 400, the Choate's Construction building.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #2821 on: September 12, 2017, 09:08:35 AM »
My Commute home yesterday was a pain. Hydroplaned 2 times and slowed down to 45mph. Lots of idiots out, (me included) some with out lights on and the Blinky light idiots. Only saw about 4 truckers on I-20 between 6 flags and East Atlanta.

We still have power at the house but internets and cable are out. East Atlanta got hit hard in some area's with multiple trees down, a few on houses. I suspect this is the case across most of Metro Atlanta. I had a few limbs down but thankfully nothing hit the house or kayaks.

Unlike Pat @patman  , I know how to secure a grill. Looks Like a "BiG RED Egg" might be in someone's future.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #2822 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
Work sucked....... We ran so many BS calls for sheepeople that shouldn't be allowed to own a home. If you can't figure out how to move a bradford pear tree limb from your driveway and have to call 911 you should have to turn over the deed to your house.. SMDH.
We did run a few "real" calls and for the first time it seemed like the people we dealt with didn't seem to feel entitled to our service and were gracious and thankful. When someone shows grace, humility and thankfulness I will go way over and beyond the call of duty.

Thankfully my family didn't have it too bad. The power went out last night around 8:00 and was back on around midnight. Didn't loose any food from the fridge so overall things were good.

If anyone needs help with anything today just let me know.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #2823 on: September 12, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »
Work sucked....... We ran so many BS calls for sheepeople that shouldn't be allowed to own a home. If you can't figure out how to move a bradford pear tree limb from your driveway and have to call 911 you should have to turn over the deed to your house.. SMDH.
We did run a few "real" calls and for the first time it seemed like the people we dealt with didn't seem to feel entitled to our service and were gracious and thankful. When someone shows grace, humility and thankfulness I will go way over and beyond the call of duty.

Thankfully my family didn't have it too bad. The power went out last night around 8:00 and was back on around midnight. Didn't loose any food from the fridge so overall things were good.

If anyone needs help with anything today just let me know.

Thanks for being out there Marc. I know its a Thankless job sometimes. But Thanks.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2824 on: September 12, 2017, 09:51:32 AM »
We lost power for about 3 hours around dinner time last night. A tree fell and took out a transformer down the street.
Did the world come to an end?  I can't imagine no internet for more than 30 minutes, especially not knowing when it will come back on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2825 on: September 12, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
We lost power for about 3 hours around dinner time last night. A tree fell and took out a transformer down the street.
Did the world come to an end?  I can't imagine no internet for more than 30 minutes, especially not knowing when it will come back on.

We managed to survive.  Broke out the camp lanterns and candles.  We played a round of Yahtzee by candlelight.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2826 on: September 12, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »

You and teenage girls have something in common

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #2827 on: September 12, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »
Been without power since last night. Thank goodness for a big generator. Haven't checked for down trees. I will do that when I get home from work. 52and 53 east to Dawsonville looks like a war zone. It was a slow ride to work and should have driven the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #2828 on: September 12, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
Power out and on a few times. Was out from 4-9 last night. Broke out the generator, watched the news, cooked on my gas stove... no trees down but I have a complete mess in the yard. big limbs, small limbs, sticks, leaves... hardly see the grass under it all.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2829 on: September 12, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »
Closed the office early so folks could deal with getting home and family issues. 

No power at home since 5. Generator, recently serviced, runs about 10 or 15 minutes and dies.  Assuming it's a coil pack. 8000w 16 hp Briggs and Stratton v Twin.  We did out s fuel filter on, could be starving for fuel? Fires right back up every time. Dies again.

Power out at the lake since noon, trees down, yayyy. 

Power on all around us but the power outage maps are crazy.

Update on the generator. 

No power at the office this morning so worked from home and called the guy that serviced it and went and got him.  Fired it up, put it under load, and it shut down after about 10 minutes. He agreed it was starving for fuel. Removed gas tank, flushed, blew it out, swapped out the filter for another new one, and she runs like new.  Powered the entire house tonight for 40 minutes with 2 a/c units on and an electric stove that really sucks some juice.  Lucky me again, he wouldn't take a penny.  He'll get a gift at Christmas just like Ron at Rons Driveline.

In-between bringing him to the house and me getting home tonight, Linda and I took Daisy to Marietta to get her staples out and she is doing great.  Has to wear the cone of shame a little while longer. 

And then we decided we needed to go the lake and clean out the refrigerators and freezers since the power has been out over 24 hours with no idea when it will come in, maybe a week they say. So we headed from Marietta to the lake.  Wow are there a lot of trees down.  Irma cleaned out all the weak trees. 2 coolers from our 2 and grabbed a cooler of stuff from cuzs freezer too... crab legs, shrimp, mahi.  Cleaned everything out.   A few trees down out of the way, no big deal, headed home.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:11:14 PM by Doug »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2830 on: September 13, 2017, 06:49:05 AM »
Nice outcome all around, Doug

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Jimbo