BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176829 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #2976 on: October 21, 2017, 12:07:38 AM »
Yeah, that's a bit of a snoozer ending.  But about mid way through reading it I thought for sure she was going to come back and say you were free to go...

The question is, did you pull in the left lane to Harlan?
Yeah, I had some hope for a few minutes.

Yes, I did get in that lane a time or two...but I don't think I did it near Cartersville! 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Slats44

• Visitor
« Reply #2977 on: October 21, 2017, 08:49:45 AM »
I know that you can pull a trailer in any lane you want to in Albuquerque. The truckers are in every lane on that freeway. Not sure about the rest of New Mexico. But I have seen it and done it myself.
Mike and Kym

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #2978 on: October 21, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »
Ok...Trial of the century in 60 to 90 days.  I elected to get the bench trial.  The prosecutor wouldn't do anything. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The saga concluded today with a dull thud.

The court had scheduled my trial to be held on October 24th.  About a month ago I was told, "You need to go to a vendor convention in Phoenix", by my boss.  So I booked my travel for departure on October 22nd and return on October 25th.  I had completely forgotten about my court date. 

I realized the conflict a little before Harlan, so while I was in Harlan I called the court to reschedule the trial.  The clerk said, "We normally don't reschedule due to work conflicts, but send me some proof and I'll take it to the judge to see what he says."  I sent her my travel plans and information about the convention.  She called me back the next day and said they wouldn't reschedule it.  I had asked if I could still just pay the ticket, and the clerk said I could  (whew, I wasn't going to be forced to go to court).  So I had a decision to make:  Go to the convention, or go to court.  The convention will be fun, but I really wanted my day in court.  I elected to go to the convention. 

Today I went to the courthouse to pay the fine.  I went there to ensure two things:  1) I could pay with cash so I wouldn't have to pay the $25 convenience fee; 2) I could ensure my name was removed from the trial docket/schedule, so a bench warrant wouldn't be issued.  Number 2 was more important than number 1.

I met with the clerk, ensured she pulled me from the docket/schedule, and broke out the wallet to pay the fine (still $225).  She looked at the ticket and said, "Do you have a CDL?"  To which I responded in the negative.  She said, "And he wrote you a ticket for a left lane violation?"  I affirmed that statement.  She said, "I've never seen a non-CDL get this ticket."  I said, "Yeah, the law is very unclear, which is why I wanted to have a hearing."   She said she knew her husband had pulled a trailer in the left lane before.  She told me to hold on so she could go talk to the judge, since he was in the building. 

She came back and wouldn't smile, nor frown, as she stood near some other lady at a different desk.  It turned out that lady was pulling my record.  When she came back to me she informed me that the judge wouldn't change the ticket since the officer knows more about this law than him!  However, she said if my history didn't come back without 5 DUIs in the last 3 years, then they would allow me to plead "nolo contendere", but I would still have to pay the fine, I just wouldn't get points.  Then she told me that even if I had gone to court, I would very likely have had to still pay the fine.  She said, "Even if we reduce infractions to help with points, fines are never reduced."  So, it's all about the money. 

She looked at my driving record and said, "you like to drive fast, don't you" and "you had a problem in '96" (that one sent me to jail for a night).  I said, "Yes, Alabama always gets me with speeding".  Then she said, "and a ticket in 92, oh, one in 93, and...the 90's were a bad driving decade, huh?"  I said, "Well, the 2000s weren't great either!"   A little nervous laughter later, and she let me plead NOLO and just pay the fine.  Hell, it would have been only 1 point.

So, I made the right call to just pay the fine, and go on the boondoggle.  What I learned was, next time I'll request a jury trial.  The whole point of having a judge is to JUDGE whether the law applied to me, not to default to the officer's 'knowledge' of the law...WTF???  Sure, a jury will freaking hate me for making them listen to such a petty case, but I have a better chance of getting a true judgment than with the actual judge.

Judges back up officers pretty strongly...which explains why all of these cops get away with murder of innocent, unarmed black men.  I saw it in 3D today....well, something pretty close. :) 

I would probably get an attorney next time.  They can appear on your behalf and a lot of time the ticket is say $200 and an attorney is $250 to make it go away. 

Halfway through I was wondering if you spent another night in jail.

Solid statement Don, as much as i dislike most of them, thats what they do best.   most cops try and do the right thing, but like anything else, u have  groups that think they know and are having a bad day and u just rubbed them the wrong way and the are out to get u.   sorry u went thru all of that clark. it sucks.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2979 on: October 23, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2980 on: October 23, 2017, 02:58:35 PM »
Netflix needs extras for a show

http://www.ajc.com/news/world/now-casting-netflix-series-seeking-extras/yAz4gz4Otd4xIH3Wj2viuI/?ecmp=cobbco

Holy Shit, just got a call from casting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2981 on: October 23, 2017, 04:32:05 PM »
Must be for a horror movie.  //phantomskull//

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2982 on: October 23, 2017, 06:21:06 PM »
That is cool Don.  Definitely not going to get rich, just a fun experience.

It pays $80 for the day and it is only for tomorrow.  I sent in my information this morning.

I was an extra in a commercial for EarthLink when I worked there.  The director asked me to read for an on camera spot.  I was in the commercial for about 2 seconds but since I was "directed on camera", I got paid SAG rate.  I received royalty checks every quarter for 18 months for a total of $17k.  About 10 other people that I worked with got the same deal.  The extras got about $100.

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #2983 on: October 23, 2017, 06:31:36 PM »
Thats awesome. My el camino was used in Anchorman 2 as a background car driving around during the big fight scene in the end.
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2984 on: October 25, 2017, 10:34:48 AM »
Interesting day yesterday.  I didn't go to LaGrange.  They wanted me on a local shoot for a new Hugh Jackman movie about Gary Hart.  I was a reporter at a press conference (filmed in Marietta).  I was in the front row sitting down and it took practically all day to do a single scene.  I was 2' from Hugh Jackman in the scene and should be on camera no matter what angle they finally choose.  I don't get star struck so it wasn't a big deal.  I was amazed at the massive logistics that it takes to make a movie.  Also, the actors do put in real work.  I'd really like to be behind the scenes to see how they film fight scenes. 

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2985 on: October 25, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
Interesting day yesterday.  I didn't go to LaGrange.  They wanted me on a local shoot for a new Hugh Jackman movie about Gary Hart.  I was a reporter at a press conference (filmed in Marietta).  I was in the front row sitting down and it took practically all day to do a single scene.  I was 2' from Hugh Jackman in the scene and should be on camera no matter what angle they finally choose.  I don't get star struck so it wasn't a big deal.  I was amazed at the massive logistics that it takes to make a movie.  Also, the actors do put in real work.  I'd really like to be behind the scenes to see how they film fight scenes.
That's pretty cool.

C'mon, didn't you call Hugh Wolverine?
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2986 on: October 25, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »
I’ve done extra work before - specifically athlete / football roles.  It can be fun but don’t expect much money.  Ga is not a SAG union state so the wages are low.  Prepare for looong days.  For each scene you can have multiple takes from multiple angles.  Each time the crew changes angles they have to move all the tents and equipment so it could be 30min+ between takes.
I don’t mean to sound overly negative but just want you to be aware.  Like anything else it’s what you make of it and it can be a lot of fun and a cool experience.

What movie was that?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #2987 on: October 25, 2017, 04:23:00 PM »
I was an extra on a show back in the 90's. It was fun, got on TV but no money to be made. Just cool to see how it all works. The part that got me was the set is dead quiet and you can't talk but you have to make it look like you are talking. They dub everything else in. Funny.
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM