BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 176301 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3120 on: December 30, 2017, 05:54:15 PM »
My daughter went to a friend's house last night, and their dog (supposed to be locked up but wasn't) bit her hand and calf.  On advice of Kaiser Permanente online nurse, we took her to their Kennesaw hospital where she's in bed getting pumped with antibiotics and with her hand suspended upright to protect the tendons.  Hopefully she'll be released tomorrow afternoon.  Dog bites get infected pretty easily, so if it happens to you don't wait getting it treated.
Ouch! Hope all is well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3121 on: December 30, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »
80s? Get ready to drag some diffs.

Thats what i said. Hes only found 1 company that even makes an aftermarket diff cover, and ballistic quit making shave kits since they only ever sold like 2 of them. I wonder how much lower they are than a 14b?

What’s the ring gear size in that 80?
11.5"

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3122 on: December 30, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
My daughter went to a friend's house last night, and their dog (supposed to be locked up but wasn't) bit her hand and calf.  On advice of Kaiser Permanente online nurse, we took her to their Kennesaw hospital where she's in bed getting pumped with antibiotics and with her hand suspended upright to protect the tendons.  Hopefully she'll be released tomorrow afternoon.  Dog bites get infected pretty easily, so if it happens to you don't wait getting it treated.

Hope she gets well soon, those bites are terrible.

Our 2 female dogs got into 2 different fights. It's the kinda fights they are not gonna stop until one of them is probably dead. The first time I broke the fight up I had my left hand bit on the top and bottom side. I couldn't close my hand for almost a month and then didn't have grip strength for well over a month.

The second time I decided to use my foot to attempt to step on someones face. I stopped the fight but I have lasting bite marks in the back of my right calf and on the front shin. Both hurt like hell and require doctor visits. My wife stands there yelling at them and growing up with bird dogs, I know that will not work. When I was a teenager our 2 male German Shorthairs got into it. Grabbed the collar of one and sure enough my finger was bit. To this day it have a numb spot on that finger.

I succeed in breaking up fights but I always get bit. I would avoid it and if you ever see one in person and like your dog, do something about it because one will not live and vet bills are not cheap.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3123 on: December 30, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

Thats what i said. Hes only found 1 company that even makes an aftermarket diff cover, and ballistic quit making shave kits since they only ever sold like 2 of them. I wonder how much lower they are than a 14b?

11.5"

Most 14b’s are 10.5 right?  I think some of the newer ones are 11.5. 

That’s a big chunk

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3124 on: December 30, 2017, 08:26:18 PM »

11.5"

Most 14b’s are 10.5 right?  I think some of the newer ones are 11.5. 

That’s a big chunk

From what I understand, 14s are 10.5, newer sterling's are 10.5, and older sterling's are 10.25. Didn't know newer 14s were also 11.5, but either way, it's a yuge bitch. I'll get more pics once they're final welded and under the jeep

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #3125 on: January 02, 2018, 07:25:35 PM »
Update on my daughter for those interested.  After one night in Kennesaw she was transferred to Northside and underwent surgery on her hand to remove some infected pus.  Even after massive doses of antibiotics the infection isn't completely cleared, and she is still at Northside.  We are hoping she'll be released on Thursday, but will supposedly need to wear a PICC for a couple of weeks.  Other than being bored, she's seems to be doing OK and is anxious to get back to work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripherally_inserted_central_catheter
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:26:09 PM by kvom »
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #3126 on: January 02, 2018, 07:27:22 PM »
Wow. Hopefully they will get it knocked out for her. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3127 on: January 02, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
Update on my daughter for those interested.  After one night in Kennesaw she was transferred to Northside and underwent surgery on her hand to remove some infected pus.  Even after massive doses of antibiotics the infection isn't completely cleared, and she is still at Northside.  We are hoping she'll be released on Thursday, but will supposedly need to wear a PICC for a couple of weeks.  Other than being bored, she's seems to be doing OK and is anxious to get back to work.

Wow x2! Crazy. Hope she fully recovers.

Just got back from Costa Rica where a captain had to be flown to Miami to treat staff infection in his leg caused by a pregnant spider bite and they thought he might lost his leg. Good news is he is doing better and looks like no leg lost. Yeah I know, comes from a pregnant spider, not sure what kind.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:04:40 PM by Doug »

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3128 on: January 02, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »

Hope her recovery goes smoothly.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #3129 on: January 02, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »
Good luck to her Kirk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3130 on: January 02, 2018, 08:13:24 PM »

Sorry to hear that Kirk. Hope her recovery continues

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #3131 on: January 02, 2018, 09:30:49 PM »

Prayers for you and your daughter. I hope she gets past this event quickly.

Today marks 4 weeks since I went in the hospital and I am just now starting to be able to walk without pain.  Hopefully the Doc will give me the all clear tomorrow after my appointment.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM