BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 178494 times)

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #3912 on: May 28, 2019, 01:07:10 PM »
"Required" is a strong word, but they definitely belong in the vehicle. Only takes 1 time for something bad to happen. At Rausch I think everyone had a helmet and most if not all of us ended up wearing them at some point.

Maybe not this best word but I think it’s something to be considered,, Along with other safety protocol on the trails. Especially with the progression of the rigs in this club and the trails that you guys are doing. Just not wanting to see anybody getting hurt out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3913 on: May 28, 2019, 01:24:40 PM »
"Required" is a strong word, but they definitely belong in the vehicle. Only takes 1 time for something bad to happen. At Rausch I think everyone had a helmet and most if not all of us ended up wearing them at some point.

Maybe not this best word but I think it’s something to be considered,, Along with other safety protocol on the trails. Especially with the progression of the rigs in this club and the trails that you guys are doing. Just not wanting to see anybody getting hurt out there!!

Agreed!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3914 on: May 28, 2019, 05:20:40 PM »
Yes I noticed the helmets in the pictures also..awesome
@clark123456 did you are anyone try the helmet you got
from me?
No sir, but I offered it up, and set a requirement for passengers in my rig that a helmet must be worn at all times, regardless of whether the driver does.  That was the reason I bought it..no excuses for my passenger to be without a helmet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3915 on: May 28, 2019, 05:21:41 PM »

My ideal world would have me putting on a helmet if I tighten down my shoulder straps. 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3916 on: May 28, 2019, 06:00:02 PM »

My ideal world would have me putting on a helmet if I tighten down my shoulder straps. 

I will also try to be more diligent in its use. There was a post this afternoon on fb for someone looking for a helmet recommendation after he flipped this weekend and hit his head on a rock, blacking out. No thanks to that

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3917 on: May 29, 2019, 07:27:00 AM »
whats sad are the comments in the article stating they were drinking, which there is no proof of, they are really trying to stir some shit there.

we do like to have a good time, but safety and paying attention is at the top of this groups list for sure. i have no problem harnessing up or wearing that stupid looking helmet, its much better than the alternative.

From "new-ish" by comparison , member POV, you guys all think the helmets ( which I agree should be used) look goofy but , coming from many decades of skating & motorcycle use, I don't even notice them outside a second glance. They look like you're smart and hitting hard as crap obstacles is all.
The safety of this club is one of my main 'Pros' were I asked to list them . Keep wearing helmets. Heck, seein you guys w/ them made me want to bring both of my helmets , especially since my mall crawler is equipped w a 'Sport Bar' ....
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3918 on: May 29, 2019, 08:00:04 AM »
whats sad are the comments in the article stating they were drinking, which there is no proof of, they are really trying to stir some shit there.

we do like to have a good time, but safety and paying attention is at the top of this groups list for sure. i have no problem harnessing up or wearing that stupid looking helmet, its much better than the alternative.

From "new-ish" by comparison , member POV, you guys all think the helmets ( which I agree should be used) look goofy but , coming from many decades of skating & motorcycle use, I don't even notice them outside a second glance. They look like you're smart and hitting hard as crap obstacles is all.
The safety of this club is one of my main 'Pros' were I asked to list them . Keep wearing helmets. Heck, seein you guys w/ them made me want to bring both of my helmets , especially since my mall crawler is equipped w a 'Sport Bar' ....
What constitutes a hard obstacle for one driver/rig is completely different for another driver/rig. I have seen people who can't make it down the main trail without smacking a tree or a large rock and were completely sober.   My first trip to Black Moose everybody in the group I was with was talking about how hard this one rock ledge was and how more than a few people had rolled over and most had to winch up it. I hit the thing in 3rd gear never slowing down and never knew it was the "ledge".  So who makes the call on when you, I or someone needs a helmet?
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3919 on: May 29, 2019, 08:13:04 AM »

What constitutes a hard obstacle for one driver/rig is completely different for another driver/rig. I have seen people who can't make it down the main trail without smacking a tree or a large rock and were completely sober.   My first trip to Black Moose everybody in the group I was with was talking about how hard this one rock ledge was and how more than a few people had rolled over and most had to winch up it. I hit the thing in 3rd gear never slowing down and never knew it was the "ledge".  So who makes the call on when you, I or someone needs a helmet?
You make the call generally, but in some cases it should be a group decision since others can get hurt if the driver gets knocked out.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3920 on: May 29, 2019, 08:25:33 AM »
You make the call generally, but in some cases it should be a group decision since others can get hurt if the driver gets knocked out.

Very sensible answer.  [cheers]
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3921 on: May 29, 2019, 08:28:20 AM »

Very sensible answer.  [cheers]
I take it back since I was trying to be unreasonable. :)
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3922 on: May 29, 2019, 08:41:45 AM »

...... I have seen people who can't make it down the main trail without smacking a tree or a large rock and were completely sober...

This describes the cause of my stupid stupid stupid accident/damage done this past Hale Mnt ride  [no2] nearly spot-on...
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3923 on: May 29, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »

...... I have seen people who can't make it down the main trail without smacking a tree or a large rock and were completely sober...

This describes the cause of my stupid stupid stupid accident/damage done this past Hale Mnt ride  [no2] nearly spot-on...
I wondered if it was a targeted statement :)
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM