BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Morning Coffee  (Read 177300 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Morning Coffee
« Reply #4056 on: August 05, 2019, 06:15:05 AM »

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4057 on: August 05, 2019, 07:27:26 AM »

Oh, I get it, we need more mass shootings (and associated deaths) in order to be competitive with other causes of death and perhaps to reduce the numbers for other causes of death...interesting point, Pat and Neil.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #4058 on: August 05, 2019, 07:31:57 AM »

Oh, I get it, we need more mass shootings (and associated deaths) in order to be competitive with other causes of death and perhaps to reduce the numbers for other causes of death...interesting point, Pat and Neil.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sounds like clark missed the point. lol
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Morning Coffee
« Reply #4059 on: August 05, 2019, 08:00:22 AM »
The stats put it in perspective.

How about 22 veterans a day commit suicide and nobody blinks. This happens every weekend in Chicago, where is the outrage?

I heard this morning that one of the gunman put his school on lock down due to writing a hit list and rape list in the wall of his high school. WTF kind of parents raise a kid like that?

If someone wants to commit an evil act, there is little law enforcement or the government can do to stop them. The tool isn't the problem, it's evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:01:24 AM by BigMike »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4060 on: August 05, 2019, 08:16:07 AM »
Man what is going on? I never hear about these.

CHICAGO (CBS)– At least three people were killed and 40 were wounded in weekend shootings across Chicago. There were two mass shootings overnight in Chicago — both in the West Side’s Lawndale neighborhood, including 22 people shot Sunday in less than four hours.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/08/04/weekend-shootings-chicago-2/

BALTIMORE (SUN) - Seven shootings reported this weekend in Baltimore amid ceasefire call. As if in defiance of an organized plea against violence announced for this weekend, police reported seven more shootings — including at least one homicide — in Baltimore in less than 24 hours.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-shooting-20190803-lgfvfsayljhzliyxv7aowkws5m-story.html

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4061 on: August 05, 2019, 08:36:12 AM »
What I think you aren't understanding is that just because stats are what they are today, and I am not sure Neil's stats have been verified, doesn't mean the causes of the statistics shouldn't be targetted for change. 

Can you imagine how many deaths we'd have per day if we didn't have seatbelts, airbags, and other safety restraints in our vehicles?  Those safety items occurred because users of vehicles, plus governments, demanded them to exist.

Another point is while 'evil' exists, the tools used have vastly different death rates.  Society recognizes the distinction in tools available and impacts of those tools, and limits access to- or tracks purchases of- things such as bomb-making materials, tanks, RPGs, bump stocks, fully-automatic weapons, etc. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4062 on: August 05, 2019, 08:38:49 AM »
Man what is going on? I never hear about these.

CHICAGO (CBS)– At least three people were killed and 40 were wounded in weekend shootings across Chicago. There were two mass shootings overnight in Chicago — both in the West Side’s Lawndale neighborhood, including 22 people shot Sunday in less than four hours.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/08/04/weekend-shootings-chicago-2/

BALTIMORE (SUN) - Seven shootings reported this weekend in Baltimore amid ceasefire call. As if in defiance of an organized plea against violence announced for this weekend, police reported seven more shootings — including at least one homicide — in Baltimore in less than 24 hours.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-shooting-20190803-lgfvfsayljhzliyxv7aowkws5m-story.html

At some point the problem will self-solve as the 'evil' kills the 'evil'...it stinks when innocent folks are in the middle, though.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #4063 on: August 05, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »
What do you think the solution is without infringing on the People's Rights?

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #4064 on: August 05, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »

He doesnt have a solution, neither do any of the other candidates, they just use these acts as talking points to stand on, the Chicago and Baltimore stuff are just too common to stand on. You know what never get mentioned? Cross reference the shootings with the number of the shooters that were on medication, anti-depressants, etc, bet its 95% or better. I would also be willing to bet more than 75%, maybe closer to 90% of them either had priors, were on watch lists, or owned/possessed the weapons illegally. Im not even going to act like I have an answer to all of it, but the spoon is not what make people fat, Jack. I am all for a solution, but there needs to be an actual discussion by people who are educated ON BOTH SIDES to ever even begin to find a solution.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #4065 on: August 05, 2019, 09:42:33 AM »

He doesnt have a solution, neither do any of the other candidates, they just use these acts as talking points to stand on, the Chicago and Baltimore stuff are just too common to stand on. You know what never get mentioned? Cross reference the shootings with the number of the shooters that were on medication, anti-depressants, etc, bet its 95% or better. I would also be willing to bet more than 75%, maybe closer to 90% of them either had priors, were on watch lists, or owned/possessed the weapons illegally. Im not even going to act like I have an answer to all of it, but the spoon is not what make people fat, Jack. I am all for a solution, but there needs to be an actual discussion by people who are educated ON BOTH SIDES to ever even begin to find a solution.

The solution can't come from anybody currently in office. Republicans and democrats are pushing their own agenda and neither has anything to do with whats best for the people.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #4066 on: August 05, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »
Mental and back ground check to purchase a gun would be a good start... I know, I know, I said it the last four or five mass shootings. Sorry to be annoying.
And this obviously won't solve all issues, but you gotta start somewhere
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:53:21 AM by Danny Kinder »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #4067 on: August 05, 2019, 10:36:55 AM »
I'm all for checking the mental status of people as long as they get due process. It's when beaurocrats make arbitrary decisions is where there is a problem. It is exactly why I oppose Red Flag laws.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM