BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New DD  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: New DD
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »
Well doing sparks this past weekend... whoever did them last over torqued 2 and didnt use anti-sieze so I got 1 part stripped but out... another 1 spinning in the block and wont come out. So the head has to be pulled. Not something I want to do even though its just a SOHC 4 cyl. May just end up selling it and taking a small loss vs spending big for a shop to do it.

How much?
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »
Man, that blows. Stupid little things that should be an easy fix always turn into major ordeals for me as well. Just another headache you don't need. //BAG//

The 1 that is spinning was so tight i had my 1/2" breaker bar out and it sounded like an over tq lug nut.

Matt, would love to get $1k out of it. 168,XXX miles, 2 door 5 speed, power windows, locks, sun roof, keyless, cruise, new speakers in the doors work, kenwood headunit works but has it quirks, kenwood amp wired up in the back, window tent but some is pealing on driver/passenger door windows, new tires on the rear earlier this yr, fronts are decent, new radiator and coolant flush 2 weeks ago, new syn oil, new sparks, new spark wires, new PCV, have a fuel filter ready to go in and Honda MT fluid and 3/4 tank of gas! lol. Yearly taxes were $37 and emission good till Dec. My brother replaced the compressor and 1 or both of the front axles during his ownership (from 120k miles till when I bought it).

KBB puts the car somewhere between $21xx and $27xx just depending on your buyer and what "shape" they consider it.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
Man, that blows. Stupid little things that should be an easy fix always turn into major ordeals for me as well. Just another headache you don't need. //BAG//

The 1 that is spinning was so tight i had my 1/2" breaker bar out and it sounded like an over tq lug nut.

Matt, would love to get $1k out of it. 168,XXX miles, 2 door 5 speed, power windows, locks, sun roof, keyless, cruise, new speakers in the doors work, kenwood headunit works but has it quirks, kenwood amp wired up in the back, window tent but some is pealing on driver/passenger door windows, new tires on the rear earlier this yr, fronts are decent, new radiator and coolant flush 2 weeks ago, new syn oil, new sparks, new spark wires, new PCV, have a fuel filter ready to go in and Honda MT fluid and 3/4 tank of gas! lol. Yearly taxes were $37 and emission good till Dec. My brother replaced the compressor and 1 or both of the front axles during his ownership (from 120k miles till when I bought it).

KBB puts the car somewhere between $21xx and $27xx just depending on your buyer and what "shape" they consider it.

Let me research a new head and I will let you know. I need a car.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
 {popcorn}
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »
10-4. i can tell you I have driven about 100 miles city on a 1/4 of a tank. A tank is 11.9 gallons. And judging by the sparks I got out it needs new sparks, the oil needed changing and PCV was a little clogged so mpg can only go up. If it wasnt for the fact i only drive 8 miles a day to work I would keep it and fix it and deal with it but truth is it will take me a LONG time to recoup the cost of the fix in gas savings + the cost of the car

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »
Did you try to get that plug out with some long needle nose pliers?

If Matt isn't interested, I might be.
Perry

BigJerm

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »
I couldnt fit the pair I had down the tube to the top of the spark. Its still in the block some so you cant just pull it out. I went so far as to super glue fuel hose to the top and pull and twist at the same time... I tore the fuel hose  </LMAO/>

Guess I post a sale thread soon and lots of pictures. I got some sorta friends who said they would want it but it will just be another lowered loud exhaust civic. I would rather sell it to someone who needs the car to save some money

BigJerm

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »
Well got it all fixed and back to driving everyday. The list of things being replaced is long but it will last forever at this rate. Should fetch a decent price when I decide to sell 1 day! Still getting around 31 mpg mostly city driving and have not used the tank of gas i put it in it when i first bought it weeks ago (but it did sit for a full week of not driving)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM