BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New DD  (Read 1030 times)

BigJerm

New DD
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Bought my brothers 98 civic this past weekend. 168,000 miles and all the important stuff still works great. The price was to good to pass up and the fact that he said he still gets 30mpg mixed hwy/city...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: New DD
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »
Very nice.
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »
Like those MPG's!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:03:06 AM »
Now you need a drop, wheels, tires and a large picnic table rear spoiler on the back  </LMAO/> But, I wish I had something that got that mileage. Just gotta pry yourself out of it though when getting out //OLDSKOOL//
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »
Now you need a drop, wheels, tires and a large picnic table rear spoiler on the back  </LMAO/> But, I wish I had something that got that mileage. Just gotta pry yourself out of it though when getting out //OLDSKOOL//

No joke. Imagine our size but with a bullet proof vest on and a batman belt every morning... its a tight fit sometimes, lol. I need to take off the crappy tent, address a leaking hose, replays some worn out relays, maybe clean a little around the engine bay where I am getting some belt squeal but belts are good. Just little stuff expected for a 14 yr old car.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:17:58 AM »

No joke. Imagine our size but with a bullet proof vest on and a batman belt every morning... its a tight fit sometimes, lol. I need to take off the crappy tent, address a leaking hose, replays some worn out relays, maybe clean a little around the engine bay where I am getting some belt squeal but belts are good. Just little stuff expected for a 14 yr old car.

Post up your real MPG's once you have run a tank and filled up, I'm curious to see what an old honda like that will actually do.

BigJerm

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 11:53:14 AM »
Will do. After I replace a few things I will do a log to keep MPG. Will be going to Daytona soon so should get some good test

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
I noticed today after around 35-40 miles of total driving since I filled up, the gas needle has moved from just above F to barely above F, lol. I did start measuring from that point though just to get an idea of mpg

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
One thing I love about my sub. Mileage and a huge vehicle. I drove from here to Pittsburgh with the fam and all our stuff and still had 8 gallons left. 23 hwy, 17 around town. Not too shabby for 5600+ vehicle and being 24 years old </ROCKIN/>

BigJerm

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
Well doing sparks this past weekend... whoever did them last over torqued 2 and didnt use anti-sieze so I got 1 part stripped but out... another 1 spinning in the block and wont come out. So the head has to be pulled. Not something I want to do even though its just a SOHC 4 cyl. May just end up selling it and taking a small loss vs spending big for a shop to do it.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
Well doing sparks this past weekend... whoever did them last over torqued 2 and didnt use anti-sieze so I got 1 part stripped but out... another 1 spinning in the block and wont come out. So the head has to be pulled. Not something I want to do even though its just a SOHC 4 cyl. May just end up selling it and taking a small loss vs spending big for a shop to do it.

That just bites.  No good dead goes unpunished...you try to get the car all fixed up and it bites you in the butt.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 10:28:05 AM »
Man, that blows. Stupid little things that should be an easy fix always turn into major ordeals for me as well. Just another headache you don't need. //BAG//

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM