BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Running a Diesel on WVO wast veggie oil  (Read 6837 times)

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re:
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »
Have fun! Finding good is really easy, just follow the rainbow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2014, 12:24:59 PM »
Have fun! Finding good is really easy, just follow the rainbow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Be careful which rainbows you follow...some have things other than gold at the end.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
Re: Running a Diesel on WVO wast veggie oil
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »
Well we are back in Fairbanks today. We checked out a claim that was 80miles north out of Fairbanks this last week.  It had some gold but not enough to keep me there. Then we moved 128miles out to a unknown claim that was giving us a 1/4 oz a day but couldn't stay out there for long. We had to sleep in the jeep it was the safest place . We had to bring all the supplies with us in the Jeep and ATV. There where a lot of bear and moos all around us. I don't mind the bear to much but they stated to come closer and closer to us as we where working in the river each day. You go though a lot of supplies when you are working as hard as we have been running this dredge. This thing doesn't mess around it will suck your hand in if you get closer then a foot from it! Casper keeps surprising me on what it can go though. I had to cross and swamp where the beaver build a dam in the river. We made it in but on the way out one day to get supplies from the bus we broke though the tundra. We didn't get suck but Casper was sinking and ripping though the roots of the tundra. So when we went back up to the claim we went over the beaver dam in the river. that was fun with a trailer. It had a steep clime up and a very muddy down side into the lake the beavers made. I'm happy we made Casper so tall. it can get though 4 feet of water before it gets to the top of the starter. oh get this we where running around town yesterday and the battery went bad. Good thing we where in town or we would have had a long ride out with the ATV to get one from the bus. When you look at the pics of the munitions just drive past the first one and then around the next one and you will be close to where we where. Oh did I tell you you have to make your own road to get there. The trees here will lay right over when you have to drive over them. I mowed over some that where 12 to 15 feet high and about 4 to 6 inches thick. There like rubber! We have to use first gear in 4 wheel low to go slow enough over the rock in the river or it beets you to hell. We are not getting rich with gold but the things we have seen and the time here with my son is price less. Jon has been a hell of a worker for me. I drive Casper and he rides the ATV. he loved riding it tell saterday when he went out on his own and got it stuck! he couldn't get it out on his own so he had to walk back to camp and get me. we couldn't get Casper back to it he went under the Ak pipe line and Casper wouldn't fit under it so we had to walk the rest of the way back. We had to flip the ATV on its side and fill the ruts in with trees. it's like driving on a sponge. If you rip though it there's nothing but water under it! There was one day it rained and the river gut high. I didn't know you can float on water with a Jeep! As I was crossing the one spot where the river gets narrow and the water was ripping. I went floating sideways for about 20 feet till the tires grabbed something to push off. Today we have to go to the fish and game and get a permit for the dredge. I didn't know you have to have one here. We didn't get in any trouble just found out you have to have it.
 So John the guy I know here asked me if I would start up his claim in Chicken. He wants me to get his wash plant set up and running. he had a drill coming out next week and test the claim and find where the best gold is on it. he has 200ac of untouched land in Chicken! the claim next to his claim took out over 90,000 oz of gold!!! He wants me to set it up and run it for him!  //SLAMIN// I told him I would look at it with him and let him know. I didn't really come here for a job but what he is offering is very tempting. I'll let Uall know how that go's.  

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 465 days]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:02:02 AM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re:
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Very cool. Can't wait to hear more about this new claim area. Good luck.
Bobby

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2014, 12:47:21 AM »
Here's a video of one the trails we went on.

/>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:50:19 AM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2014, 07:50:30 AM »
Here's a video of one the trails we went on.

/>
/>
Awesome.  Thanks for sharing the videos.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
Hi everyone! WOW what a trip! We are back in Ga. I have so much to tell yall. It started slow at first we had to find a place we could go to prospect for gold once we got there. I found a gold claim off the Steese hwy about 75miles north of Fairbanks. We went to DNR and filed for the claim before we went out to see if there was any gold on it. We stocked up on supplies before we left Fairbanks for the wilderness. We were so far from anyone or anything. We had to make sure we had everything we needed. When we got out to the old claim there was a old log cabin and some old equipment. We had to bring everything up the Chatnika river. The river started out around 60 feet wide and about 6 to 8 inches deep. About 2 miles up the river was a beaver dam. the first time we went up to the claim I went around the beaver dam though the tundra that was interesting driving over the moss. It was like driving on a sponge the water would squirt out from under the trees. I found out if you spin a tire on the tundra it will rip though the roots and you will have nothing under it but water. The tundra is like a insulating blanket that keeps the ground frozen but there's a lake of water under it that the tundra floats on. We had to use the wench to pull Casper back up on the tundra we had to tie the wench to about 6 trees to pull from or we would just pull the trees out on the tundra. There's about 12 to 16 inches of unfrozen ground on top and then a layer of water and then ice (permafrost) the trees don't have a very big root ball on them. They don't grow roots in to the ice so they spread out. I still have a lot to learn about permafrost! So after setting up a camp on the claim we went to work. We went to the very end of the claim on the river and set up the dredge. We got 5 claims that was 40 acres each. We run the dredge for the day there and didn't find any color there but did see a moose. So we moved the dredge down river and punched in another hold. We sent the day there and still didn't see any color. We kept moving down the river for the next 2 weeks punching holes trying to find some color but there wasn't enough gold there for the work. So he packed up camp and abandoned the claim. We found a bumper sticker on one of the old trucks that was left on the claim from 1997. It said if you can't mine it grow it! and there was about 400 flower pots around the claim. So we headed back the Fairbanks to try and fine a new claim.
Mike

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
Great update Mike, good to know you are home safe !

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2014, 11:55:17 PM »
Welcome home.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2014, 08:14:20 AM »
We want to know how much GOLD was found
Bobby

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2014, 05:48:09 PM »
I'm awake again. I have been sleeping for the last couple days. We drove home from Fairbanks in 85hrs. We left on Monday afternoon and didn't stop for anything but gas and food. I slept in the back seat while Jon drove and then he slept while I drove. The bus is still in Alaska! We will get back to the bus later. So the first claim didn't work out for us. We met a guy that told us about this place called Cripple Creek that had good gold so we went 20 miles down river with him and he showed us where it was. He told us just let him know how we do and how much gold we find. We set up the dredge and started punching in a hole in the bedrock. Well we only ran two tanks of gas though the dredge and called it a day. We lifted the rubber mat in the sluice and WOW! there was 5 nice pickers about a gram each and lots of fine gold. We packed the dredge up and took it back to camp so we could move everything down river to this new place. We run the cons though a gold wheel that night and we had found almost a 1/2oz of gold in just under 4hrs! this was great! we packed up camp so we could move closer to the creek. We had to get more supplies so the next day we made the ride to town some 80miles. It took us all day to get our clothes cleaned and restock our food supplies and more gas. When we got back to the bus we moved it to a new camp site down river. By now it was too late to start dredging so we had dinner and went to sleep for the night. Well Jon and I got up the next morning and there was a ranger hanging around camp. I went out to see what he was hanging around for and he told me that it was ok to camp there but this was BLM land and there was no motorized prospecting or dredging allowed there!!! )0: I was bummed and so was Jon. We thought we found a good place for us to prospect. It was hard to leave there knowing there was good gold there. So we packed up camp and went back to Fairbanks so we could go to the DNR and find a place legal for us to work. I wanted to buy a claim around there but I was too late this year to find one. They come open in March from people that didn't pay there tax or just let the claim go. So my friend in Fairbanks told me about a claim in Fox that was open and he knew the owner. So we went out there with him with a couple A52  sluice boxes. We ran about 5 buckets of dirt though my sluice and John ran about 6 though his. all I can say is WOW I have never seen so much gold in a A52 sluice before then. there was about 1/4oz in mine alone! Great right? nope I just had to go to DNR the next day to place a claim on the land when I found out it was not legal to claim or even open to claim. It was what they call Mental Health Trust. So it's not open for mining. So now I'm really bummed out We have been in Alaska for 3 weeks and still didn't have a place to work or any gold to speak of. Now the guy I know in Fairbanks John has a couple claims but there out in Chicken around 300miles from Fairbanks. I didn't want to go out there because supplies out there are so expensive.  Gas is $6.00 a gallon and food is way to much. Milk is $10.00 a gallon bread is $7. a loaf. But John told me him and his partner was going to bring out a backhoe and make a couple ponds for pumps. Their claim is a placer claim and there is no river or creek on the land just the run off from the melting permafrost under the moss. So John gave us a freezer and we filled it in Fairbanks and got as much gas as we could haul. We went out there and set up camp at the 70mile marker. We waited for a week for Bill. Johns partner to come out with the backhoe. While we waited for him we drove all over the 200 acre claim looking at how the land was. It's on the side of a mountain running from the top and coming just short of the river at the bottom. There was nothing we could do with it till we had some way to remove the moss and trees. When Bill got there on Friday the 4th with the backhoe we where very happy to see him. Well it was late and I ran it for about 2hrs and then we went to camp to eat. After we ate a couple of the guys there with us wanted to go to town. Well the town of Chicken is very small they have a place to get gas and a couple camp grounds and a saloon. We went to the Saloon and had a couple beers and watched them fire off the panty canon. Yes they ask the girls for there panties and load them in this cannon and fire it off. Oh um most of the girls there are from Canada and come out there on the weekends to make the miners happy and take there money. (love u long time) So anyway the next day I got back on this backhoe and found out what permafrost really is. I pulled up the moss and pushed over some trees and I couldn't dig down more then a foot or 18inches nothing but ice but with plant matter frozen in it. I did what I could with this backhoe but didn't get much more then a couple ponds made about 80feet long and 30 foot wide. there was nothing we could do with the permafrost. We were out there for 3weeks now and still couldn't work the land. There's no phone out there that works. Well I had found a D8 dozer for $3500.00 a week and $1400.00 delivered. I told Bill I would pay the rent on it if they would put my name on the claim with them. Now I haven't found any gold on this claim but I know it's there. Well Bill didn't want me to go in there a rip it all up with out a reclamation plan. So we went back to Fairbanks so we could talk to John and Bill together and come up with a better plan. We all met at Bill place and sat down and talked about what their plan was for this claim. Bill has a couple core drills but there's no way of moving them around the claim. It needs some roads cut in. I told Bill and John I wanted in on the claim and I would match any $ they wanted to put in. So they agreed to bring me in on the claim. The first thing we had to do is get a dozer out there a clear some of the land so we can start melting the permafrost. more to come

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 465 days]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:15:24 PM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »
Sounds nonproductive, bummer.

I can't believe you drove your CJ 85 hours straight. WOW. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM