1 (9.1%)
December 22
0 (0%)
Random Sunday!
0 (0%)
December 1st
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Beasley Ride: December 1st  (Read 11015 times)

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
Beasley Ride: December 1st
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:41:32 AM »
Original post below.

Poll indicates a lot of people want to go on Dec 1st...which is fine.

Meet at the trailhead (see google map below) between 9 and 9:30am. Roll out at 9:30am. Look for the old tan Land Rover with the white roof. That is mine (pretty hard to miss).

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.88227,-83.924648&ll=34.883361,-83.927178&spn=0.021862,0.049653&num=1&t=m&z=15&lci=com.panoramio.all

Check back here often if you are going. I will cancel if there is any precipitation the day of or the previous days (all up for debate, BTW).

Afterwards if we all want to go to Bell mtn, we can.

Please post up if you are going. I'm pretty excited to actually be going since I've been threatening for a while now.

-Max

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Good morning All,

Despite living within reasonable distance to Beasley, I've never been. I just heard rumors that there might be some changes in the future up there, so I figure that is a good enough excuse to go wheeling.

I wanted to see if there was any interest in going up there for the day. I live in ATL so I would just cruise up 400. I figure try to roll out from the pay station at 9:30-ish.

Any interest? Of course assuming it isn't too wet up there. I'm open to days but I'm feeling like Dec. 1st or the 8th would be best. Also open to riding on a Sunday and/or possibly camping nearby but I figure since it is close, a day trip sounds about right.

Thanks all.

BTW, need more wheeling-inducing rumors.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:59:07 AM by LR Max »

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Beasley Before It closes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »
Beasley is not closing. Just re working some trails. They do close in Dec- Feb I think.
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:15:48 PM »
You probably saw my post over on Expo about it. Just the winter closure. Trick now is finding a week that stays dry all week for the FS will keep it open for the weekend.

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »
Beasley is not closing. Just re working some trails. They do close in Dec- Feb I think.

Indeed. I guess I should've re-phrased it as the "seasonal closing". Same thing happened every year at Uwharrie. Also as mentioned earlier, excuses help get me off my duff.

@BigJerm, yeah I saw that post. Just got me thinking about going up there and thought this might be a better venue to find others interested. I like Expo but I doubt the majority there are interested in going to Beasley.

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »
I am always game to go. It isnt hard trails by any means. I let me wife drive the LJ for the first time half the day we were there. But for $5 and a nice drive in the mountains to get there Ill go and maybe stop at Bell MTN before the day is over.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:17 PM »
Now that would be a good trip. Never done Bell so I would be up for that. Broke right now... figuratively and monetarily.  ;D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »
I would be game for a Beasley/Bell ride
Bobby

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
Now that would be a good trip. Never done Bell so I would be up for that. Broke right now... figuratively and monetarily.  ;D

I understand  </BEER/>

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
In  //SLAMIN//
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

onlygoon

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
Bell mountain is that what y'all are talking about

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
Re: Beasley Before It closes for Winter
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 02:57:28 PM »
Primarily Beasley with a possible side trip over to Bell mtn.

Will depend on how we feel, if womenfolk nagging is at a level 3 or higher, if the mechanic gods strikes someone, how much light is in the sky, possible dinner opportunities in the area, etc.

You know, play it by ear.

onlygoon

Re: Beasley Before It closes for Winter
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 06:01:48 PM »
Careful with bell it's not a log trip and very limited in space at the top

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM