BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: something is wrong, need help  (Read 611 times)

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
Re: something is wrong, need help
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
Ok, so I took my calipers off and checkes the bearings. When a helper pushes on the front of the jeep, it looks as the only thing moving is the tires. I'm about to go buy a pressure guage as I think the tire pressure is kinda low. I also measured for toe, from the like spots on the tire. I have 1/2" of toe in. As in the rear of.the tire is farther then the front. Tire pressure is 31

Could it be the alignment
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 09:52:09 AM »
Well, we know the axle movement is the problem. It should not move at all so I'm willing to bet that either one or more of your CAs are the source of your woes. Your controle arms are what keep it in place so if the bushings are wallered out or if they are bent or twisted, they are not going to be able to function as they should. Allignment or toe agnle wouldnt necessarally cause this issue, instead would more cause un even tire ware, and / or obviously a constent pull to either side rather than a jerkiness as you discribed.
When you can get the tools, definately take some time to remove the CAs and inspect the bushings for both upper and lower.
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »
Well looking at it this morning when I get a helper to push the side of thl jeep, the axle doesnt move. It only shifts a little bit when its parked and someone turns the wheel. But I can't really tell if its just the tires letting the whole jeep move. My stepdad will be bacl tonight to unlock the shop so I can check it out. I'll try to post a video of what's going on
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Re: something is wrong, need help
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
Just run it by a reputable shop and have them diagnose it.  Can u get it to Allsouth?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »
I'm actually in sc right now. I'm meeting matt Sunday to trade tops. Maybe he can help me out. I don't know much about jeeps
2000 TJ

JROLIN

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 09:51:57 AM »
I'm actually in sc right now. I'm meeting matt Sunday to trade tops. Maybe he can help me out. I don't know much about jeeps

If your ever near the Buford, Ga area, swing by and I will take a look at it for you.

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »
I'll be going through there tomorroe lol. Anyways heres what I found. Id post pics here but its a pita on this phone. So here's my jf post http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/normal-1441716/
2000 TJ

JROLIN

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »
Its going to be either a TRE, control arm bushing or track bar related.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
Track bar is probably loose we can check it tomorrow.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
I agree with the track bar. My old set up did that from time to time. Bolt was loose and you could turn the wheel and watch the axle shift left and right some. Just a little play is all it takes.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »
The only part of a 5 link suspension that centers the axle under the Jeep is the Trac Bar. Tighten the lower bolt (I believe it is a Torx bit) This should fix your problem.

Also jack up the tire (one at a time) Put a big pry bar under the tire and lift up - if the tire moves up and down with the prying movement then get someone to look at the upper & lower ball joints while you pry. You will be able to tell if one has play. This is much easier than taking your front end apart. Or bring it to Allsouth = Free diagnostic = no tools needed </LMAO/>
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
Well my 350 mile drive showed me that the toe was the culprit. I was able to maintain my lane, and it was even windy as heck. I am going to replace all the bushings, then new f&r track bars when I lift her
2000 TJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM