BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Which Jeep model?  (Read 1333 times)

Offline brentdavis

• Visitor
Re: Which Jeep model?
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »
Sure would be nice to have that new motor and trans. 

Before we bought our 2009, we went to order a 2012, and the price for a Rubi at dealer with some nice options, working an order deal, the dealer cost less hold back and promotional Tread Lightly discount was still $32800 or over $35000 with tax, so we decided to find a used one.

Used 2012 or 2013 would be the way to go, but Jeeps do depreciate less than other vehicles.

If you don't know a Rubi from a Ruby, have someone else look at it with you that does.  Axles may have been swapped, might be parts damage, transfer case should shift properly and easily,

//toast//

You were smart enough to get a rubi...  If my 2011 would have been a rubi I probably could have looked past the 3.8 and 4 speed trans...
Brent Davis

Offline Nastygnome

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »
So sounding like the 3.6 is really that much better?  And I for sure will buying used and the idea of having a partner there that really knows what's up with the rubi is a great idea as well!  I have found some good deals on 2011 and automatic with the 3.8 but y'all have me second guessing the motor... Thanks again for the input! The more I look at the jeeps and watch these YouTube videos and see these pics on here I'm freaking getting hooked!!! It's jrack(jeep crack) I had a wrangler when I was 16 and missed it ever since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 2Dr
Dana 44 front and rear lockers
stock suspension
automatic transmission
silver and black

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 06:45:27 AM »
Don't drive a 12' and you won't know lol

Sent off camber

Offline Nastygnome

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 08:01:37 AM »
Don't drive a 12' and you won't know lol

Sent off camber
good point! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 2Dr
stock suspension
automatic transmission
silver and black

Offline Nastygnome

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
So I am still doing my searching and havnt found the one just yet but couple porspects.  I had another question for those of you who have done it about what does it cost to do arb air lockers front and back installed??? Thats a job i dont think Id be able to do on my own.
2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 2Dr
stock suspension
automatic transmission
silver and black

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »
An ARB install is  approximately equivalent to a regear, plus adding the air pump and the switches.  You also have to drill and tap a hole in the diff for the air line.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline rodi

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 03:49:25 PM »
I bought a non-Rubi. I was on a budget and wasn't sure i was even able to purchase. I'm hoping to swap a pr44 in the front this spring as well as an Atlas or rubi T-case and lockers. Even if you don't plan to do much, a rubicon will hold its value more, as others have said.
Ryan

Offline Nastygnome

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
I still definitely thinking the Rubi is what im going with but dang the price on a sport sure makes it hard haha thats why i was asking about the install price.  I just have never dealt with a gear swap and would have to have a guidance from someone who has done to even feel comfortable attempting it.
2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 2Dr
stock suspension
automatic transmission
silver and black

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Re: Which Jeep model?
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
I still definitely thinking the Rubi is what im going with but dang the price on a sport sure makes it hard haha thats why i was asking about the install price.  I just have never dealt with a gear swap and would have to have a guidance from someone who has done to even feel comfortable attempting it.

With the rubi you get the resale. If you buy a sport and make it a rubi like then you get half price of parts back out on a good day and nothing on labor. Something to consider.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Nastygnome

• Visitor
Which Jeep model?
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »

With the rubi you get the resale. If you buy a sport and make it a rubi like then you get half price of parts back out on a good day and nothing on labor. Something to consider.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

you mean on resale or what?
2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 2Dr
stock suspension
automatic transmission
silver and black

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 08:06:03 PM »
A Rubi has resale for the nice upgrades it comes with.

He is saying that if you do or pay a shop to do the upgrades on a non rubi, you'll only get half or less back when you sell for the same features.

Sent off camber

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 10:35:41 PM »
Only Rubi if you are going off road.  Very wise to ask up front.  Many have bought and then went off road and found out how much they will have to spend to hang with the rubis.

Sent off camber

I havn't spent nearly what it would cost for a rubi same year and miles and have been able to keep up just fine with those of the same caliber build  //cheers2//  just pick your mods properly if you dont go rubi.  I too happened to fall into a rubi and hopefully wil be swapping everything but otherwise have been very very happy with my sport. Just put your $ in the right places.
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM