BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Who has a Sirius or XM subscription?  (Read 790 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Who has a Sirius or XM subscription?
« on: December 01, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »
I've been a subscriber for many years (off and on).  The free 1 year subscription just ended for my '14 JKR and I signed up for a month to month subscription.  We also have it in my wife's 2011 Grand Cherokee.

I like being able to travel anywhere and listen to my stations.  I use many of the different channels from music to sports radio, to news to listening to games that I don't get on TV.  A couple of years ago I had an '06 Silverado that didn't have a satellite radio, USB, or any iPod hookup.  Listening to Atlanta radio stations drove me crazy. 

But recently I've been getting more and more pissed about all of the talking on the music stations and the freaking Morning Shows on the MUSIC stations.  I'm pretty much ready to drop it on both vehicles.

I'd like to get your thoughts for the people that have an active subscription to SiriusXM.  For those that "just couldn't imagine paying for radio", yeah, we know, not looking for that commentary. 

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Who has a Sirius or XM subscription?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:40:46 PM »
I've cancelled for the same reason.  I paid for no commercials and talk. Now I use the phone to play iheart radio , local, or tunes.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
I've cancelled for the same reason.  I paid for no commercials and talk. Now I use the phone to play iheart radio , local, or tunes.

Thanks for the idea Doug.  I have my Galaxy S5 mounted in an iBolt cradle attached by the Daystar mount.  Works great and I can stream iHeart or Pandora. 

BTW, you mount anything to your windshield on a 2011 and up JK, consider the Daystar mount.  Worth every penny and a clean install.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:46:30 PM by BigMike »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
I have dropped Sirius and gone to streaming when I get tired of regular radio(which does suck the big one). 

Love Pandora.  Also love Tunein Radio for sports, they have all the games and what is really cool is that they quite often have both teams broadcasts to choose from for College games which is pretty cool.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 03:24:57 PM »
I have my routine for which stations don't have talk when im listening...

Other than that, month to month is expensive... call and you can usually get it half off, as long as you pay for the whole year in advance.

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
I have Sirius and have had it since Dec '05. However, I paid for lifetime about 2 years in, so I haven't had to pay in quite a while. I listen for Howard Stern mainly, though. Love all the music and NFL when traveling on the weekends, though. So.... there ya go.
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 05:11:56 PM »
I love Sirius, until I have to pay for it, then I drop it.  I moved from Pandora to Amazon Prime music, since I'm already a Prime member. 

I got tired of Pandora begging for money and playing back to back commercials. I like being able to create real playlists instead of suffering through bad music selection and association by Pandora.  How can I have, regardless of previous thumbs ups of similar songs, Taylor Swift in the same playlist as Metallica?  (Yes, I like Taylor Swift)

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 06:12:20 PM »
The music channels I listen to have little talk.  The only talking channel I use is BBC for news.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »
I couldn't imagine not having Sirius. I mainly listen to talk radio anyways like Howard stern, Ellis on Faction, & NFL network.
Music stations do talk a little but they don't have commercials, which is fair imo.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 07:45:14 PM »
I would pay for a subscription if I could get it on two vehicle radios for 5 bucks a month, total. What is lowest rate going these days?

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
I have my xm and change stations whenever the bullshit or a song comes on that I don't like. I also use CD's (I guess I'm old fashioned) cuz radio sucks. I only use Pandora for working out.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »
I have my xm and change stations whenever the bullshit or a song comes on that I don't like. I also use CD's (I guess I'm old fashioned) cuz radio sucks. I only use Pandora for working out.

Right, but my point is that I pay for satellite radio so I don't have to listen to the bullshit or morning shows.  I can do that for free on local stations.  All they need to do is play music. 

One of my favorite stations is The Highway (country).  It used to be just one guy, Storme Warren, talk too much.  Then he got a producer, Britt (bimbo) and now together they are a morning show.  Do I really give a flying F what Britt is wearing to her rehearsal dinner before her wedding.  Just STFU :)

I did someone mention on the station that Storme has a 'jacked up' Jeep with 35's.  Probably a mall crawler. 

I think stations like The Highway try to make themselves relevant in the music industry and promote their DJ's.  Great, but don't do it on my dime.  Get rid of the DJ's and lower the cost.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 12:50:22 PM by BigMike »

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM