BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: The latest player to the cooler and tumbler biz  (Read 2462 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
The latest player to the cooler and tumbler biz
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »
https://www.iceroutdoors.com/shop-coolers/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: The latest player to the cooler and tumbler biz
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:56:19 PM »
I've been thinking about one of these size coolers for a while, and only heard of Icer recently. I wonder if they will come out with a soft one? Those seem a better choice for me since they are easier to pack between hard surfaces.   

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 10:14:12 PM »
I've been thinking about one of these size coolers for a while, and only heard of Icer recently. I wonder if they will come out with a soft one? Those seem a better choice for me since they are easier to pack between hard surfaces.   

Happy with my RTIC soft cooler.
What size? What kind of results (ice retention?) did you see?

@Raisinhead don't you have one too?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »
I picked up a 30 RTIC soft cooler and really like it.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 10:48:26 PM »

Yup, love it. Ice doesn't last for multiple days like their hard coolers, but it does last a full day easily. It's perfect for a jeep cooler.
Jay

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 08:35:08 AM »
I've seen Yeti's in action and also have an RTIC 20 hard cooler.  In the heat of the summer, I don't think either work better than the Coleman I've had for years.  Plus the hard side coolers are pretty heavy when they're empty.  I think that the Yeti brand is taking a huge hit from company's like RTIC and Icer, etc.  I haven't looked, but has Yeti's price come down since they have more competition now?

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
The latest player to the cooler and tumbler biz
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »

Yup, love it. Ice doesn't last for multiple days like their hard coolers, but it does last a full day easily. It's perfect for a jeep cooler.

X2. Love my RTIC 20 soft cooler. It's a perfect day trip Jeep cooler.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:49:58 AM by tcdawg »

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 09:08:35 AM »
I have a friend that has the Icer and he said its as good as the Yeti/RTIC versions. He got it initially because it was less expensive and local. They are in Georgia. He says the built in bottle opener gets lots of use. I have been using a Soft cooler which is great for most trips, but if filled with melting ice and knocked over, it will leak.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 09:56:56 AM »
I have tested my RTIC 30 soft cooler for leaks and it does NOT leak.  I filled it with some water and turned it upside down and it was dry as a bone outside.   //SLAMIN//
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 10:36:49 AM »
When my yeti 30 (not soft) flipped over in Harlan it leaked everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 11:09:49 AM »
I've seen Yeti's in action and also have an RTIC 20 hard cooler.  In the heat of the summer, I don't think either work better than the Coleman I've had for years.

Details - Coleman what? I have a Coleman 'Extreme' regular old style non-rotomold cooler that I have used along with my Yeti Sherpa when headed to Moab.  Over the trip, the past two years, I have had to add double the ice to coleman to keep up with the Yeti.

I have been using a Soft cooler which is great for most trips, but if filled with melting ice and knocked over, it will leak.

Details :) What soft cooler? I have not checked my RTIC because it's so crammed in it's not possible for it to tip where I've been putting it.  I'm still planning to use it for park trips and the ARB for overland stuff where I want more.

http://fishpondusa.com/product/detail/blizzard-soft-cooler-yucca/2551

Their gear is made from recycled materials. The inside of the cooler is some type of gore tex.
The size allows me to stow it behind the front seats. And it has tie down loops if i want to tie it down.
I wish the Blizzard version was out when I picked mine up. I like the ruggedness of it. http://fishpondusa.com/product/detail/blizzard-soft-cooler-earth/2549
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM