BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Bumpers  (Read 985 times)

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
Bumpers
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:38:56 AM »
People like Krawler00 and others have the thing on the front of there bumper.. not the winch the sticky outey thing... is that a addon?... or a new bumper.. if its addon where did you get it.. and so on and so forth!

also jeep is coming along nicely so far got 33" maxxis buckshots 2BB, 2" BL

i ordered some Rubi coils (Purple Tag in front and Tan tag in back) Supposed to be the Strongest ones meaning more hight from them.. but i was told i need like 300$ more in parts for it to work.. is this true?.. i know i need shocks and what not... but they where talking about like Drop kits for things .. i was so confused could some of you elaborate on the subject please?...

May i also say you all EVERY single person who has helped me so far in this whole jeep shenanigans has my gratitude and if there is ANYTHING you ever need please give me a holler!  ;D

-Tom

06trailrig

Re: Bumpers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:27:54 AM »
Well Tom it all depends on how much lift the new coils are going to add. But you're going to need the following:

1.Adj. front trackbar or relocation bracket
2.Adj. rear trackbar or relocation bracket
3. T-case drop or SYE and CV driveshaft
4.Adj. control arms (depending on the amount of lift)
5.Brake lines (depending on the amount of lift)
6.Drop pitman arm (only if you use a relocation bracket on the front)

I think that's it anyone else can add if I've missed something.

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 02:33:19 AM »
i think they will give about 1-1 1/2 since its gives 2 for 4clyn soft tops well im a 6clyn soft top.. so i think that might drop it 1/2 a inch... maybe less...

-tom

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:42:59 AM »
and holy moly this is gonna be pricy!! my wallet is yelling OUCH!!

06trailrig

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:22 AM »
I've got 4" or so on mine and have the factory arms and brake lines still. There wasn't a need for them. I got my t-case drop from skyjacker for around $45 and around $160 for the front trackbar and $45 for the rear relocation bracket.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:10:49 AM by 06trailrig »

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:39:31 AM »
i think they will give about 1-1 1/2 since its gives 2 for 4clyn soft tops well im a 6clyn soft top.. so i think that might drop it 1/2 a inch... maybe less...

-tom

You won't get that much from Rubi springs, most get under and inch, usually a half.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BigJerm

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 06:49:43 AM »
People like Krawler00 and others have the thing on the front of there bumper.. not the winch the sticky outey thing... is that a addon?... or a new bumper.. if its addon where did you get it.. and so on and so forth!

it is a stinger. Mine is a bolt on to the bumper. Some bumpers though it is one piece

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 08:14:14 AM »
and holy moly this is gonna be pricy!! my wallet is yelling OUCH!!

That's why it takes most folks years to get it the way they want it.  My Jeep has 4.5" lift + 1" body lift, 4:88's and lockers front and rear, 35's, winch, stinger, rear bumper w/ tire swing, BFG 35's, and still needs $10,000 in mods to be what I would like to have.  It's definitely not a cheap hobby.

Here is a pic of the Poison Spyder Stinger for $232:

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »
Okay, for lift... if you run a 2" suspension should be fine with everything else. I ran a 2"BB all around tellico with no issues and brake lines are long enough for disconnecting the front axle. I went to a RE 3.5" superflex and then needed all new things. If you keep around 2-3" you will be fine with stock components. Just drop the trans case or get an sye. I ran for years on my 2" without a drop or sye. No vibes. Start simple, learn to wheel what you have then go to the next step. Bigger is not always better. The bar on my front bumper is a stinger bar. Prevents an endo on the trail. Keeps you off the roof!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
Ya i have a feeling this is never going to end.. i mean i love it tho so its worth it...maybe if i wasnt trying to go so fast in building my jeep it would be as expensive... and for the springs jimmy they purple tag fronts and tan tags back they are not stock rubi springs they are a decent amount bigger.. just off a 06 rubi  ;)

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 09:22:49 AM »
I've got 4" or so on mine and have the factory arms and brake lines still. There wasn't a need for them. I got my t-case drop from skyjacker for around $45 and around $160 for the front trackbar and $45 for the rear relocation bracket.

so i have this and im good to go?...correct me if im wrong

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 12:07:39 PM »
I run a 2" BB and Rubi coils. Total lift I got from both was 2-3/8" of lift exactly in the front and rear. That was with the 1-3/4" BB and the 5/8" Rubicon coils. No driveline vibes or steering issues. Which means none of this stuff...

1.Adj. front trackbar or relocation bracket
2.Adj. rear trackbar or relocation bracket
3. T-case drop or SYE and CV driveshaft
4.Adj. control arms (depending on the amount of lift)
5.Brake lines (depending on the amount of lift)
6.Drop pitman arm (only if you use a relocation bracket on the front)

Mine was a 4 cylinder as well. DO NOT EXPECT TO GAIN MUCH FROM THOSE COILS!!!!!

Also dont count your body lift for theses parts. It has no effect on your suspension. 3-4"+ is when you run into these problems.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM