BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: How safe is your job?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: How safe is your job?
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »
Megan even said she wanted to call in today and I should to and I said if I called in today, it could be permanent...

That doesn't sound like the Megan I read about!  Hope she's feeling well.

She just has a case of the Super-Lazy-Bug  :D

yeah, cold rainy days will do that to ya, sleeping weather!

Offline StevenH

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »
Being self sufficient and knowing a few other trades doesn't hurt either. If I had to I would get a job in construction or whatever I had to do to keep the lights on

I really dont have any bills, I buy my shit with cash  ;) the little bit of stuff I have anyways  ;D

Another thing that will give us peace of mind is our 401k can help us in an emergency, it can make your mortgage payment if you have to use it for that. Thats one thing that makes me wonder about all the home foreclosures right now, those people didn't have any savings they could use to get them by?

I know using your retirement is a bad idea, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do
bolt-ons suck

TJ-xtreme

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 06:23:18 PM »
My company layed off 16 people last week nation wide. doesn't sound too bad unless you think about the fact that there's only about 300 employees in the entire company...

So-Bad-Im-Good

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 08:52:28 PM »
hmmmmmm how safe is any of our jobs in todays  economy??? I am a locomotive computer repair tech and fabricator.I am the oldest and only one in our Ga shop but I don't feel safe at my job.We work all over the US and travel alot.I was in Pa and Va last week and talked to some workers who said they figured the would lose their jobs in a few weeks.

tgrt

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »
Nice work you guys.  Sounds like somebody I'd want on my team.  Go the extra mile.  Take action without asking.  Good job!

Tgrt, where's the shop?

It's in Carrollton.  We do allot of tier 2 stuff for some big names.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM