BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50954 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »
Saturday I made 1 mile on the treadmill. Mostly walking but I did add a little jog @ 4 mph and ran @ 6 mph. Then hit the weights for a full body work out. Worked on Biceps, triceps, chest, back, shoulders, legs, and the abdominal. My shoulders are really sore today. The best part about all of this is I put my Sunday church pants on and I can tell they were just a little bit looser, not a lot but some. It's not from just one week of working out. I haven't had one beer in almost 4 weeks now or any soda's either and have been watching what I eat. So next week I'm expecting good results. Today on Sunday I did nothing but take my vitamins.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »
Good job Chuck! I know drinking plays a big part in weight loss. Those are pure empty calories even clear liquors. As you can see water weight will be the first thing you will drop and its a huge moral booster. Keep it up and stay driven!! All I got in today was 2 hrs of handgun training. I will post pics later. Than a 3 miler. Than a shoulder and ab workout. Than 10-12 minute rest and another 3 miler. This is a typical day the closer I get to rolling out. It speeds your metabolism. Nothing is done for speed and time, its just a duration and endurance builder. Keep up the hard work!!! Keep me posted!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2008, 09:19:32 AM »
well.. did a 2-3miler yesterday carrying about 40lbs of gear over terrain.. legs feel it today.. about to go back out and do it again.

BigJerm

« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »
I cant wait to start working out again... I will go light today and tomorrow because I got a final to take care of but I got to do something. The last 4 days most every meal has involved French Fries and every night involved a few beers and I feel like CRAP.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2008, 10:36:15 AM »
Flew to Miami this morning and now my arms are tired ;D Hopefully I will find a treadmill tonight.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2008, 09:07:13 AM »
Well BigJerm, how did it go?

I hate working out in the hotels, they just don't have the right stuff. I only spent 15 minutes on a piece of sh#t treadmill, I think I got close to a mile. Tried using there out dated machines for the weight lifting. I was able to get a few things in but I just feel like I didn't get a good work out. But something is better than nothing.

And Glen, 335 pounds, WTF, how does this help you pull the trigger? That trigger takes like what .1 pound of pressure or less? Buddy that's overkill, no pun intended there! I don't want to get into anything like that. I just want to be skinny ;D
Chuck & Sherry

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2008, 09:17:07 AM »
i thought that pushing 250 was a big deal 10yrs ago.. being in the army and being in shape goes hand in hand.. alot of people to count me in on this... get hurt and go down hill from there.. and trying to go back is one of the hardest things to do.. and  i hate it but i know i need to do it...

ghostdancer308

« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2008, 10:39:58 AM »
I know, 335 is weak!!LOL!! I am paying for it though. My shoulder has not quit hurting for a few days. Just wear and tear. I will try upwards of 350 for 2 reps later this week. I got some motrin from the medic, so I should be good. I stepped down on a rock while running the other day. No swelling but the outter edge of my right foot won't quit hurting. I am to close to throttle back. Thats where another misconception comes in. There are some high paid atheletes out there and because of contracts and sponsors, they feel a tingle and they end up on the DL. Know your limitations. Know your body and don't let ambition exceed ability! Selection for special units is a totally different demon. You just have to endure the suck fest and move on and yes sometimes things break! Like wheeling, it happens. Heal up chaulk it up and press on with the training!! Today was a bad day for me. Did 2 miles and felt heavy the entire run. Hit the steel and did back and biceps. Tomorrow is a new day!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2008, 10:45:20 AM »
well why training for the cook BN we had rucks and runs... had to run with pots and pans.. i thnk i hurt my wrist once...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2008, 11:27:06 AM »
 {hardlaugh} Run with pots and pans! Oven mitts as well, apron? ;D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »
{hardlaugh} Run with pots and pans! Oven mitts as well, apron? ;D

Mike in an apron, sounds about right 8==D
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2008, 07:40:01 AM »
Nothing to report today. Lifted twice. I did get 340 one time on my 5th set of bench. No cardio. I am trying to see if this foot pain goes away. Chime in Chuck, lets hear it!!!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM