BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50956 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #552 on: March 24, 2009, 07:09:06 AM »
This is where we all differ when it comes to body types and activity level. I feel you can do 2 20min sessions a day of steady cardio and not burn any muscle. To get to that catabolic level(muscle loss) you have to be extremely high octane. I am talking marathon prep level of running and swimming. Just getting to your target heart rate will not hinder or cause muscle loss. Now, when the talk of steady cardio comes in there is a simple rule to follow. Just be able to maintain a conversation during the entire 20-30mins. Not gasping and falling down. Hope this helps.  {toast}

I will probably do some cardio. I do 10 minutes (.5 mile) as a warm up before I hit any weights.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #553 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:58 PM »
Back and tri's. Did 300 crunches. No cardio in 3 days.  :bs)

BigJerm

« Reply #554 on: March 24, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
back and bis today. No abs as they are actually sore from yesterday  {letseat} Yesterday I also did a 30 minute hard pace cardio on the bike, today was a mild 25 minutes and then ran some stationary steps while I waited for Megan to get done with her class.

Tomorrow I need to really jump on school work and its my day off from weights so I may take it off from cardio too and just stretch/abs here at home and let my legs be rested for the leg workout thursday.

Scale had me around 250.5 today  ;D

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #555 on: March 25, 2009, 07:25:35 AM »
back and bis today. No abs as they are actually sore from yesterday  {letseat} Yesterday I also did a 30 minute hard pace cardio on the bike, today was a mild 25 minutes and then ran some stationary steps while I waited for Megan to get done with her class.

Tomorrow I need to really jump on school work and its my day off from weights so I may take it off from cardio too and just stretch/abs here at home and let my legs be rested for the leg workout thursday.

Scale had me around 250.5 today  ;D

250 was your goal right?
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #556 on: March 25, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »
Jerm- WWE!!! I could see you in tights and knee boots!!LOL!! Went on early work thing this morning. Got back and did shoulders and than ran a 5K. Rested for 45mins and did another 5k.

BigJerm

« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
Yep 250 was my goal to make by next Tuesday so I should be on target! Man my lower abs are some kind of sore from working them Monday...

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #558 on: March 25, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »
Did back and 100 crunches tonight.
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #559 on: March 26, 2009, 10:49:27 AM »
Has anyone done one of these detox/clensing things where you take some pills for a few days and it is suppose to clear of the excess "stuff" inside your body and you could loose a few pounds in the process? It's a tempting idea to try if it is proven. I doubt it would make you lose fat or get skinny but I mean shedding a few pounds is always nice no matter where it comes from.

Today is heavy legs, abs, light cardio and some foot drills to work on my foot cordination. I will find out Monday if I am eligible to continue my interview process for the Sheriff department and if so next week will be a light week since Thursday is obstacle course day...

ghostdancer308

« Reply #560 on: March 26, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »
There is some stuff at the GNC that works pretty good. But be very carefull. It will clean you out actually overnight, but you will feel chitty(no pun) all day the next day. Make sure your off from work and have no morning plans the next day as well. It works, but it could back fire. It is basically charcol and selium root is all. It dehydrates you as well. Did 10 sprints today. 5 were with sandbags in each hand for 100yrds. The last 5 were slick. Glad its over. ;D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #561 on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
 {peek} Jerm, buy some giant TP rolls and get ready! :D Hit shoulders last night. Good times. went heavy on the shrugs 315 for 3 sets of 12!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #562 on: March 26, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Yeah no thanks on that then. I don't feel like being a walking time bomb for 48 hours!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #563 on: March 26, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »
If your wanting to just get cleaned out go buy a bottle of phospho soda and mix it with 8 ounces of sprite. This is what the Dr. gives you before a colonoscopy and it cleans everything out of your system.
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM