BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50979 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2009, 07:11:03 AM »
Are you guys taking a break or what? It's been quit!

I blew off the whole weekend - diet included. I had a gator burger on Friday with fries and a Corona and then on Saturday went to Flanagan's and had Ribs with fries and 2 Corona's. But I was back at in the gym last night. Did legs and 100 crunches and then another 100 leg lifts, .5 miles on the treadmill to warm up.

I'm also going to change out my protein drink. As soon as my Syntha 6 is gone I'm switching over to Muscle Milk and Cytomax. Muscle Milk is a little cheaper and has way less cholesterol in it. I will also be adding Hydroxycut into my diet.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2009, 07:54:34 AM »
A little break for me. Other than 2 light weight days, an obstacle course and a good mountain bike ride Saturday I didn't do much. I did stick to my diet though for the most part.

Today is back at it with chest, tris and cardio.

Careful with that Hydroxycut... It will raise your heart rate during exercise and resting period. I never measured mine while on hydroxycut but I do know when I was taking GNC's version, Thermacore, my heart rate was 30-40 paces higher on the bike at the gym and after I sometimes felt real light headed. Obviously I quit taking that!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #602 on: April 08, 2009, 07:08:17 AM »
I have taken it before and if I keep it to just to 2 pills in the morning and then 2 pill before a workout it doesn't seem to affect my blood pressure at all. But it does get you going! tonight is arms and chest night!
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #603 on: April 08, 2009, 07:59:26 AM »
Well I finally made my goal weight of 250!!! Just 7 days later than hoped... Now that I have dropped 25 lbs I think a good final goal will be around 220 lbs... That's my new goal but I don't plan to get to it till August though. That gives me about 3.5 months. I did the first 25 in 3 months with only 2 months of real weight training.

richv30

« Reply #604 on: April 08, 2009, 01:42:51 PM »
up to two miles on the tread mill . still losing about 3pounds/week

ghostdancer308

« Reply #605 on: April 08, 2009, 02:04:38 PM »
Playing catch up on this thread. I am 7 days behind, but have not slowed up. I looked back in my training log tonight and realized I was on my 16th day straight either running, lifting or a combo of both. You just get into a routine. Anyways, here it goes:

4-1: easy 1 mile run
4-2: back, arms, 2 miler
4-3: shoulders, 2 miler
4-4: chest, arms, 2 miler, 3 mile bike
4-5: back, tri, sandbag sprints
4-6: 7 miles, 100 dips, 200 crunches
4-7: chest, back,bi, 730 crunches, 30mins cardio
4-8: No gym, fatigue and tired as sh*t!

sorry for the delay Chuck and Jerm. Stay motivated!!   {salute}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #606 on: April 08, 2009, 08:14:05 PM »
Well the gym crowd was light tonight so I decided to use the free weights for the bench press and the incline bench press and I can't beleive the difference it makes than using a machine. My workout feels a lot more complete using the free weights.
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #607 on: April 08, 2009, 09:11:27 PM »
Well the gym crowd was light tonight so I decided to use the free weights for the bench press and the incline bench press and I can't beleive the difference it makes than using a machine. My workout feels a lot more complete using the free weights.

x100. This is why I was so excited to have a gym with free weights. Not only do you work the normal muscle group (tris and pectorial) but now your body has to use abs, shoulders, bis, and such to stabilize that weight above your head. I attempt to do every workout with free weights that I can.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2009, 05:06:48 PM »
I have muscles in my back that are sore today and I didn't work on the back last night. I'm thinking no more machines! All free weights!
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2009, 05:57:04 PM »
I hit legs today hard, abs again with weights and a slow 10 minute cardio.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #610 on: April 10, 2009, 01:46:29 AM »
Did shoulders, light back, tri's and 230 crunches. In the afternoon ran 2 miles and did anothe 3 miles on the eliptical.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #611 on: April 10, 2009, 01:43:18 PM »
No cardio today. Just lifted and did back, arms and abs.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM