BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50984 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #684 on: October 11, 2009, 10:01:27 AM »
Today was weigh in day and according to the scale I lost 6 pounds in 7 days! 250 - 6 = 244. I will lose about the same next week and then it will probably slow down to between 2 and 3 pounds per week.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #685 on: October 11, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »
 {toast}

ghostdancer308

« Reply #686 on: October 12, 2009, 06:17:55 AM »
I ran outside for 30 minutes yesterday. Back in the gym today.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #687 on: October 12, 2009, 08:37:23 AM »
I could not get out of bed at 5 am this morning so I did nothing! I will run when I get home this afternoon, maybe, it depends on the heat. It still hot down here in Miami - Heat index yesterday 101.
Chuck & Sherry

Daniel

« Reply #688 on: October 12, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »
Yeah, I can't motivate myself to get up early enough to do morning excercises.  I have to be on the road for work by 6 anyways.  If it's not raining (which I'm sure it will be) when I get home, then I'm gonna see about running or if it is, then I'll just do some push-ups and crunches...sit-ups whatever.  Something's better than nothing.  I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in a while and I'm at 177 but I'm only 5'6".  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be but I know it's probably not 177...but I'll get something going.

I know when I was in Orlando it was still 95...now I'm not too keen on being in this wonderful Fall weather and mid to low 70's and then have to go back to Summer... so I got an idea of what you're going through Chuck.

Offline JeepnGal

• Visitor
« Reply #689 on: October 12, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »
Does anyone have a recovery drink recommendation or is that all hype?

Few weeks back I scored a soft tissue injury to my knee that's from nothing other than my fat butt per my Doc! Funny but ridiculous. So now it's pretty much healed, did some light hiking this weekend with the mutt and it felt good. Dunno why I stopped hiking--it's fun exploring. Any advice is welcomed as always. It's been a WHILE since I last worked out regularly. 

I've got a 3 station home gym plus treadmill for my cardio. The plan: Weight train in the AM 3x week. Cardio and abs 5x week in PM. 6th day hiking somewhere. 7th day...lying in bed whimpering? {letseat} {letseat}

Goal 1<6wks?>: build up my knee so I can go up and down stairs without pain & lift 50lbs over my head (remember I'm a chick who's not worked out in who knows how long?)
Goal 2<12 wks>: climb around on Panola Mtn with ease and Stone mtn with some difficulty.
Goal 3 <6 months>: hike appalachian trail
Goal 4 <next Sept.> hike El Yunque rain forest in Puerto Rico. I was just there last month and pissed because I was so out of shape I couldn't explore like I wanted.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #690 on: October 12, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »
I persoanlly think the drinks for recovery are good, but can also put unwanted weight on you. Most of them are loaded with a combo of sugar and calories and carbs. Guys that are high octane and putting high milage on will be okay drinking these beverages. I would just supplement with a protien drink between meals to cut hunger cravings. Snack healthy and take a multi vitamin along with some glucosamine for the cartilage and joint strengthening. Keep up the effort!! {toast}

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #691 on: October 12, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
JeepnGal,

I used to use a product called Syntha 6, but later switched to a product called ISOPURE. It has 0 carbs and is lactose free, doesn't taste as good. The big difference between them is that the Syntha 6 is a slow release and the ISOPURE only last about 2 hours. At the moment I have changed my diet and trying to get all of my daily protein through food and not use any of the powder protein drinks. Less man made product and more natural products ;D

If your just looking for something to take after a workout I would suggest the ISOPURE, but be aware it has a total of 210 calories and 340mg of sodium! So you need to fit it into your daily counts.......

Also I'm just curious as to why you chose to weight train in the morning versus doing the cardio? If your trying to get rid of any fat cardio in the morning to start your day is better because your body is completely empty of stored energy.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline JeepnGal

• Visitor
« Reply #692 on: October 13, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. I didn't even think of getting the glucosamine for the joint repair--dur!

Trailabite:

No specific reason other than I like to weight train in the morning soon as I wake up. I've done a ton of research and found nothing but conflicting debates about when's best to work out and why.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #693 on: October 13, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. I didn't even think of getting the glucosamine for the joint repair--dur!

Trailabite:

No specific reason other than I like to weight train in the morning soon as I wake up. I've done a ton of research and found nothing but conflicting debates about when's best to work out and why.

I've done it both times as well, but I've always been taught to wait at least 2 hours after waking up to lift weights because, supposedly, it takes that long for your spine to wake up. I've never seen or actually heard of anyone having problems from this. If your body feels good that early then you should be fine. Good luck!
Chuck & Sherry

BigJerm

« Reply #694 on: October 15, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Man been on the road the past 5 days, 2 for a wedding, 3 for driving school and all I have had to eat is fast food crap. Finally made it home lastnight to a normal meal and got to workout today. I did a condensed version of my upper body workout, I will do lower tomorrow and back on track monday.

Offline JeepnGal

• Visitor
« Reply #695 on: October 16, 2009, 12:09:20 AM »
I might have to adjust my goal dates--to sooner! A week and half of light knee strengthening exercises and a few days of glucosamine have helped a LOT. Today was 1st time in 2 months I used the stairs close to normally( and not like a 90yrold lady lol)---nicccee! And I could extend my knee totally today with minimal pain...haven't been able to do that in a while.

Injuries stink but this has really opened my eyes to the importance of maintaining weight and muscle strength.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM