BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50969 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #888 on: March 30, 2010, 12:30:14 PM »
Glen,

Was that 7 individual pieces of kit-kat's or 7 packages? LOL

As you know I cheated on my weight loss but since March 14 I have lost 16 pounds. I'm still on the liquid diet portion until April 5th but this week I did get to start using a protein drink so I drink Muscle milk for breakfast and before I go to bed. I get all of my protein requirements for the day just from this. I'm thinking that even when I start adding food back into my diet I will still drink at least one serving of Muscle milk a day as part of my daily intake. There's a lot of good stuff in that drink.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #889 on: March 30, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »
these were the full length ones that come in the Kit-kat log. White chocolate seems to me my vice. As for Muscle Milk, that stuff is high calorie for me. I use to drink it, but just for a few weeks when I am getting back into the swing of things. It has everything, but you will gain weight drinking it.

BigJerm

« Reply #890 on: April 12, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
How is it going Chuck? updates?

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #891 on: April 13, 2010, 09:57:49 AM »

Well, good and bad I guess. Since March 14 I have lost 23 pounds, which is good. The bad is some of it's muscle loss. The only exercise that I'm allowed to do right now is walk 30 minutes every other day and that's just not enough to maintain muscle, actually walking doesn't maintain any muscle mass. I can't start any kind of work out routine until after May 3. This is mostly due because of having the cuts on my belly area, they are afraid of having potential hernias through the cut areas. But, on May 3 I go in and have the band adjusted for restriction so that's when everything actually starts anyways. So, hopefully by the end of May I can give a real report of progress...........

The hardest part is trying to figure out a diet plan with this stupid thing. Basically, after I get the first restriction I can only eat about 1 1/2 cups of food at a time, which is not much, and be able to get at least 1200 calories a day with the right amount of protein, carbs and vitamins.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #892 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »

Well, good and bad I guess. Since March 14 I have lost 23 pounds, which is good. The bad is some of it's muscle loss. The only exercise that I'm allowed to do right now is walk 30 minutes every other day and that's just not enough to maintain muscle, actually walking doesn't maintain any muscle mass. I can't start any kind of work out routine until after May 3. This is mostly due because of having the cuts on my belly area, they are afraid of having potential hernias through the cut areas. But, on May 3 I go in and have the band adjusted for restriction so that's when everything actually starts anyways. So, hopefully by the end of May I can give a real report of progress...........

The hardest part is trying to figure out a diet plan with this stupid thing. Basically, after I get the first restriction I can only eat about 1 1/2 cups of food at a time, which is not much, and be able to get at least 1200 calories a day with the right amount of protein, carbs and vitamins.

Big step Chuck!  Can't wait to see you next time and hear more about it. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #893 on: April 13, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »

Big step Chuck!  Can't wait to see you next time and hear more about it. 

I'll see you in 4 weeks {toast}
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #894 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »

I'll see you in 4 weeks {toast}

At JEEP BEACH!!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #895 on: April 13, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »
Chuck, look into Nutri System. Its all measured for you. I know guys on it and it works!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #896 on: April 13, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
Chuck, look into Nutri System. Its all measured for you. I know guys on it and it works!

That's what Sherry suggested! I may look into it. I do have a book from the Biggest Loser people and it has recipes and diet plans in it that are divided for different calorie intakes. The problem with it is it breaks it down to 5 meals a day and with the lap band your supposed to stick to 3 meals a day. The reason for 3 meals a day is because you can't drink any liquids 1 hour after each meal or it will wash the food through the band and cause you to get hungry. So obviously, water consumption becomes very important between the meals. It seems like a lot of work but every diet is if you do it right.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #897 on: April 13, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »
That's what Sherry suggested!

Then you better give it a try.   {letseat} 

BigJerm

« Reply #898 on: April 15, 2010, 06:58:30 PM »
Sounds like some crazy stuff but I guess its the price you got to pay now for what could be awesome soon. Just attempt to keep your protein intake up, eat clean, definite multi-vitamin.

My weight loss is stalled on the scales, hanging around 242, but the changes in the mirror continue. I find that normal weight lifting has become boring a routine so I try and use some of the circuit ideas that don't always involve weight. I am back on the bike, rode about 4 miles yesterday off road. Might not seem like much, but for me its a big improvement since I did not ride at all over the winter. I think mountain biking might be my most favorite form of exercise! I have toyed with joining a rock climbing gym because I would love to learn and I think you could probably get a decent workout from it. Just something new to try.

I have been using the test booster now for about 3 weeks, rounding into my last week. I have seen more fat loss during this period but I am hesitant to say it is the result of the test booster. All other supplements have stayed the same, so has the diet but I have been on the bike a bit more so maybe a combo of the 2. Glen, I see what you meant about it makes you mean. I am the same level headed person until something goes and then I go off, it’s like 0-100 in a blink of the eye.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #899 on: April 16, 2010, 02:56:25 AM »
I stay clear of the stuff. I might try some again during a winter/power lifting phase, but I really don't mess with test boosters anymore. I am at 27 and a wake up and really cutting back on carbs and doing more cardio. 5K minimum a day on the glider or 2-3 run sessions, 2 miles a pop. Sucks!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM