BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: brake lines failed yesterday wont crank today....  (Read 1217 times)

Offline big94yj

• Visitor
Re: brake lines failed yesterday wont crank today....
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 11:14:03 AM »
mine was said to gap .030 and i will definately go get some champions hopefully today i got a big rugby match today up at life University.so maybe tomorrow.
94 yj
3inch body lift and 4 inch suspension
35"  x-terrains
rhinolined interior
genright tube fenders up front.
(more just dont feel like listing)

mdo817

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »
if you have the 4.0L you should run champion truck plugs gaped to .035". that is what the distributer-ed 4.0L was designed around. anything else will make it run like crap. it is imperative that you gap your plugs before you put them in. check the firing order of the wires b/c you may have mixed a couple of wires up and that would def cause some problems.

I know when i had a distributer-ed 4.0L in my old cherokee, I put some bosch platinum plugs in there and it ran OK for about 2 weeks. then it started skipping and missin and runnin like crap. changed out to champions and it ran like a champ till the day she died.
Why did you have to tell me that, where did you get this info? I have been a Champion Hater for years. If your info is good I will give them a try though.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:01 PM »
After reading this post I have to say I love my Jeep... no distributor. ;D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »

Not to jinx you, but coil packs die too!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Rowingfish87

• Visitor
    • My pictures
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »

Not to jinx you, but coil packs die too!

yeah, and jeep didnt use coil packs...they used a coil rail that has the 2 coil packs molded into one rail. so if one goes you are out $225 to replace it. ask me how i know.

Why did you have to tell me that, where did you get this info? I have been a Champion Hater for years. If your info is good I will give them a try though.

mark, the 4.0L was designed on champion truck plugs. thats what came in them from the factory until they switched to the distributor-less ignition (in 2000 i think). then they started running ngk plugs from the factory. the best plugs to run in the newer distributer-less ignition are the autolite app985. they have a platinum tip and electrode. single platinum plugs (with only the tip being platinum) will make the distributor-less ignition 4.0L run like shit (and vice-versa). ask me how i know.

mine was said to gap .030 and i will definately go get some champions hopefully today i got a big rugby match today up at life University.so maybe tomorrow.

sorry matt, yeah, the gap for the distributer-ed 4.0L is .030" but for the newer ones its .035". I forgot. hope this helped.
2002 TJ 4.0L/NV3550/NP231/F-D30/R-D44
36x12.50x15 TSLs
RC 2.5" Lift

1998 Ram 2500 4x4 12v CTD

GANTR Member #2

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM